The FP&A Analyst will serve as an integral member of the financial planning and analysis team. This role reports to the Director of FP&A and will have frequent interaction with the management team, cross-functional groups, and the business finance teams. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making.
- Play a key role in the annual operating plan, quarterly forecasting and reporting, and monthly forecasting and reporting.
- Work closely with the system administration team to produce the quarterly forecast inputs and deliverables for both the Corporate and business finance teams
- Create a FP&A playbook to drive consistency across all reporting. This includes defining the calculations for price, material inflation, labor inflation, volume, and mix.
- Lead the analytics and reporting of corporate spend including payroll, professional fees/ consulting costs, marketing, and other costs.
- Assist with creating processes to drive functional cost center accountability and review of spending
- Quarterly scorecard of progress against bonus metrics
- Assist the FP&A Director with materials for earnings calls, Board of Directors meetings, and meetings with equity analysts and other relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA not required but a plus
- 3-5 years of financial management experience in a manufacturing environment and/or public accounting experience
- Self-driven individual with strong intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills
- P&L background / experience, knowledge of accounting concepts, and familiarity with the balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Financial modeling with strong Excel competencies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a matrix organization and at different levels, driving results and process improvements
- Highest Integrity
- Ability to deliver results while dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our client is growing due to recent acquisitions and organic growth. They looking for a Staff Accountant to work with the Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager, and Division Accounting Manager. This is a HIGH exposure role within a multi-billion dollar international organization!!!!
Staff Accountant duties:
Month-end financial reporting
- Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
- General Journal entry
- General Ledger account reconciliations
- Intercompany statements
- Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
- Bank reconciliations
- Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
- Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
- Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
- Assistance in quarter-end financial reports and schedules
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3+ years accounting experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills required in MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented. Customer service mentality!
- Great communication skills both oral and written.
My client is a leading Engineering consulting firm that recently expanded into the Houston area. With offices in New York, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas, after 30 years of success they are now looking to break into the rapidly growing Houston Market. This group is a leading firm involved in disaster management as well as public infrastructure projects.
Why work here?
- Rapid growth and opportunity
- Stability, proven track-record
- Tight-Knight group, very friendly
- An 8-5 working day
- Exciting travel options to New York, Florida, Mississippi, South Carolina (Optional)
- Strong benefits (3 wks+ of PTO, 401K 4% match)
- 5+ years of accounting experience (Up to 15 years is welcome)
- CPA is a plus (not required)
- Deltek Software Experience required
- Bachelor degree required
Senior Auditor – 30% travel – North Houston
Corporate Accounting Manager – Downtown (combo of public and industry)
Senior Auditor – 40% travel – Northwest Houston
Tax Manager – public accounting – 30 to 40 hour work week!
Non Profit Accounting Manager – Greeway Plaza area
IT Auditor – Greenway Plaza
AP Supervisor – West Houston
Industry News and Updates:
Boom or Bust? Neither! The first question I seem to get when I speak to both hiring managers and candidates is: “How is the market doing?” My answer is: It’s not 2014 where every company in Houston seemed to be hiring, but it is also not the 80’s bust either (I personally have only heard stories about this time). Houston has come such a long way and has diversified from being just an oil town since then. We are so much more! Don’t get me wrong there are industries in Houston that are truly hurting, but there are also industries that are doing just fine. The price of oil does impact our economy directly and indirectly, but I am so excited to report that it seems to be ticking up every week. Today the price is around $45 a barrel. Most economist will tell you that we need to get to $60 dollars a barrel and a lot of them have predicted we will hit that number by the end of the year.
It is harder to find a job today and you have to use multiple resources. You cannot simply go online, upload your resume to CareerBuilder and wait for the phone to ring. First, you have to make sure that you have a good resume (there are some links listed below with resume writing tips) and then you have to use great recruiters, your network, LinkedIn, networking functions, ads, niche job boards and yes CareerBuilder. One source is not enough in the present job market. The great news is that our unemployment rate is still below 5%; which technically speaking, means that we are at full employment. As you know, I always like to see the bright side of things!
See you again in July 2016
- National Unemployment Rate: 5.1 (last year 5.6)
- Houston Unemployment Rate: 4.9 (last year 4.3)
- Oil Rig Count: 437 (last year 976)
- Price of Oil: 45.9 (last year around 55)
- Industries hiring: Consumer Products / Service related companies, Chemical, Real Estate, Non Profit, Legal, Public Accounting Firms!!!!
- Positions in demand: Staff & Senior Accountants, Tax, Audit, Management level roles in Accounting
- Financial Reporting & Consolidations Senior – must have public – Galleria
- GL Accountant – 59 & Main
- Associate Manager / Manager – Professional Services Firm – Consulting on high profile projects – full time role – need at least 2.5 year of public accounting and maybe a splash of industry to qualify
- Senior Compliance / IT Auditor
- Senior Federal & State Tax Accountant
- Payroll Manager with PeopleSoft
- Senior Internal Auditor – low travel
- Reduced work week hours: Tax Manager or Supervisor – small public accounting firm
- Senior Accountant, Great Plains preferred
- Senior Accountant – NW Houston
- Senior Insurance Accountant – NW Houston
- Staff Auditor – Woodlands
- Senior Staff Accountant – Woodlands
- Senior Auditor – Woodlands
- Junior Property Accountant – Greenspoint
- Accounting Manager – Real Estate – Woodlands
- Senior Auditor, Downtown, 40% travel
- Staff Accountant (big 4) – 2 openings
- Audit Manager – Non Profit – 10M dollar Budget
- Tax Staff Accountant – Galleria
- Senior IT Auditor – Galleria
- Tax Supervisor – CPA Firm – are you a senior ready for the next step?
- International Controller
- Director of FP&A (must have MBA)
- Treasury Analyst, DT, Must have Big 4 Audit
- Billing Specialist with Elite
West Houston/Energy Corridor:
- Accounting Director (public accounting background)
- Payroll Coordinator – Rosenberg
- Audit Senior – 70% travel – West
Consulting & Temporary Roles:
- Accounting Assistant – Hospitality
- 4 Fixed Asset Accountant – West
- Interim Controller with Dynamics – West
- Contracts Analyst – Sugar Land
- Receptionist, Southeast
- HR / Recruiter – Non Profit
- Receptionist – Non Profit
San Antonio Openings:
- Bank Auditor-Top San Antonio Employer (Up to 122k)
- Staff Bank Auditor- Top San Antonio Employer(up to75k)
- Audit- Sox with Exotic Travel (Insurance Industry, up to 75k)
- Tax Analyst- Federal & State Tax, (Renewable Energy, ~70s)
- Controller- Implement new policies & procedures (Automotive Industry, 120-150k)
Mid size and fast growing healthcare related coming is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. If you love to have you hands in all aspects of accounting and love a fast paced environment this role is for you!
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports;
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses;
- Heavy Excel- pivot tables, v-lookups, if statements, formatting;
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Ability to work in and out of 10 different softwares to pull reports when needed.
- Assist with tax preparation- pulling reports, docs and liaison between CPA firm
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required.
- Must have a degree in Accounting.
Our client is bringing their accounting in house. They are currently on QuickBooks. This is a VERY hands on role until the company starts taking off. They are expecting a huge amount of growth in the next 18 to 24 months. Please email me at email@example.com for more details.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reports, including Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc financial reports and analyses for internal and external audiences.
- Financial Analysis & Monitoring. Develop and maintain tools for financial analysis. Keep CFO apprised of existing or developing financial and/or cash flow issues.
- Accounts Payable – Disbursements. Approve payments, prepare and input AP.
- Maintain & reconcile cash, balance sheet, and payroll-related accounts monthly and resolve any discrepancies.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end G/L close process as well as maintenance of all accounting ledger.
- Accounts Receivable. Develop receivables policy to keep days receivables to a minimum. Manage preparation of all invoices/billings. Prepare complex billings/invoices. Review and approve invoices in general ledger. Oversee systematic implementation of receivables collection procedures.
- Cash Receipts. Manage all coding, deposits, data entry, and posting in GL.
- Develop annual operating and departmental budgets.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance while paying special attention to the major profit/loss centers in the company.
- Manage debt balances and ensure proper and timely payments as required, including accrued interest and capital lease accounts.
- Provide financial perspective and analysis on business decisions including profitability, cost analysis, and cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as primary liaison for external CPA firm relationship including all financial, tax and consulting matters.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that the company would pass independent audits.
- Accounting Degree
- 10 to 12 years of accounting experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and Systems Implementations a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to work both strategically to develop and manage integration plans as well as tactically to develop routine reports to support business operations
- Experience with professional services billing procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with SOC 1 and SOC 2 preferred
Real Estate Accountant:
- Monthly close – Perform monthly close of the Company’s real estate entities, including calculating and posting gains on sale of real estate.
- Financial Modeling & Analysis – Prepare financial models or analyses as needed.
- Vendor invoices – Provide coding for vendor invoices related to real estate projects or land/easement sales.
- Partner and Bank Reports – Prepare partner and bank reports as needed.
- Management Reporter Quarterly Reporting – Prepare quarterly internal financial reports for the Company’s real estate entities.
- Land/Easement Sales – Assist with items needed for closing of land or easement sales
- Ad-valorem tax payments – Manage ad-valorem tax master list and ensure prompt payment of all ad-valorem tax invoices.
- Annual audits – Assist with annual audits.
Compensation and benefits:
- Base Salary
- Bonus: 7.5% of Base Salary paid annually
- 401(k) Plan – Matched 100% up to 8%
- Company subsidized PPO, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability)
- Free Covered Parking OR Fully Subsidized Transit
- CPA/CPA Candidate with Real Estate Accounting Experience
- 4 plus years of Audit and / or GL experience
Our client is a global oilfield products company that has had tremendous growth over the past 5 years through acquisition and organically. They are seeking a Financial Reporting Manager (SEC) for their corporate headquarters on the west side of Houston, TX (Memorial City area).
The Financial Reporting Manager will have high exposure to the C-suite, with an office just 2 doors down from the CFO and 3 doors down from the CEO. Unlike most Financial Reporting Manager roles, this position will be flexible with overtime, allowing you to work from home in the evenings. The Financial Reporting Manager will run all SEC Reporting, Internal Management Reporting, Corporate Accounting & Equity Accounting for the company while overseeing 2 direct reports.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of SEC filings including the 10-Qs and 10-K, and other miscellaneous filings
- Draft and review quarterly and annual financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow, statement of stockholders’ equity, footnote disclosures
- Draft management discussion and analysis section of SEC filings, including variances analysis on operating results and cash flow activities
- Prepare initial draft of earnings releases
- Prepare initial draft of financial data used during the earnings calls with external analysts
- Work with external auditors to meet requests and questions on the SEC reporting
- Aid in writing responses to SEC comment letters
- Manage the preparation of internal management reporting and understanding variances to budget and prior periods
- Aid in the accounting for and maintaining the ledger of equity transactions
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance
- Assist in accounting research related to new and existing accounting pronouncements on an as needed basis
- Fulfill ad hoc requests from management
- Update and maintain documentation with respect to internal controls over financial reporting (Sarbanes Oxley)
- Coordinate the information gathering process involving interactions with finance personnel across the organization
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Big 4 or large public accounting firm experience
- SEC reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, FASB and SEC requirements
- Workiva experience and XBRL knowledge is a plus
- Hyperion product experience (HFM, FDM) is a plus
- Webfilings experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to work effectively in a variety of situations
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow-up and sense of urgency
- Staff Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Analyst – Conroe
- Controller – Conroe
- FP&A Supervisor – Need Modeling experience!!!!
- Fixed Asset Accountant – Staff or Senior – Galleria
- Senior GL Accountant – Galleria – Company in Growth Mode!
- Financial Reporting Manager – Looking for a first year manager or strong senior to learn SEC Reporting
- SAP Controller – SE Houston
- Global Controller – West Houston
- Internal Compliance Manager – West Houston
- Senior Accountant – SW Houston
- Payroll Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Reporting Analyst – DT – Must have public accounting
- JIB Accountant – Woodlands
- Senior Accounting Manager – Clearlake – CPA!
- Senior Accountant – Clearalake
- Spanish Speaking HR Admin
- Small CPA Firm – Tax, Audit and Bookkeepers needed!!!!
- Internal Audit Manager – low travel – NW Houston
- Senior Auditor – low travel – NW Houston
- Staff Auditor – no audit experience required!!!!! West Houston
– Controller (SEC) – West Houston
– Controller (SEC) – SW Houston
– Controller (SEC) – Katy
– International Tax and Accounting Director – Downtown
– Senior Accountant – oil & gas – Downtown
– Treasury Analyst – oil & gas – Downtown
– Treasury Accountant – oil & gas – Downtown
– Budget Analyst – SW Houston
– Federal & State Tax Analyst – Downtown
– Wealth Analyst – Galleria
– Internal Auditor – GWP – less than 10% travel
– Accounting Assistant – Galleria
– AP Supervisor – GWP
– Auditor – Woodlands
– Sales & Use Tax Accountant – Woodlands
– Hyperion Consolidations Analyst – West Houston
– Staff Accountant – West Houston
– Senior Accountant – NW Houston
– IT Auditor – Galleria
– International Tax Accountant – Public Accounting
– Auditor – Public Accounting
One of Houston’s fastest growing refining companies is looking for a Controller. This position will be the highest rank in the Houston office, reporting directly to the CAO & CFO.
The Controller is responsible for all aspects of the petroleum business’ financial reporting; oversight and development of the petroleum accounting staff; forecasting of cash needs; monitoring of the consolidated petroleum business plan; assisting the SEC reporting group in conjunction with the quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings; the overall maintenance and oversight of effective internal controls for the business and the associated compliance and adherence to controls for SOX 404; and contribution to the development of financial policies, plans and programs. The Controller provides relevant information to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer; and, works closely with the operating business unit leaders to ensure timely identification and resolution of financial issues associated with the petroleum business.
Package from 150 to 250 total comp
• Compile financial information and prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts; document business transactions; and reconcile and close Company accounts on a monthly basis.
• Perform general ledger duties to assist with monthly activity and closings.
• Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to general ledger balances.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for specified accounts and may analyze daily bank account activity.
• Analyze and document variances in account balances between periods.
• Prepare various schedules required for internal and external reporting
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual filings.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
• Work towards CPA designation preferred
• Perform all aspects of a full audit examination with limited managerial guidance. Essential elements of an Audit will include audit planning, walkthroughs, audit program development, risk and control identification, status reporting, decision-making, and time/budget management
• Plan, organize, and perform various audits.
• Develop accurate, meaningful and complete audit work papers and draft reports that adequately support audit findings and document work performed.
• Develop issue based reports based on audit points, summarize findings and recommendations.
• Prepare draft audit report to departmental and client management for review and discussion.
• Suggest recommendations on ways to improve audit work processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, will consider other degrees based on level of Senior Auditor experience.
• CPA, CFA or CIA (or progress towards completion) preferred
• Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive Internal Audit
• Working knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, internal auditing standards, and GAAP
• Experience in leading projects and proven ability to drive results
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Produce and distribute departmental financial statements to Departments and Senior Management.
• Review financial statements, research variances, and initiate correcting journal entries.
• Perform monthly accruals and expense allocations.
• Perform detail analysis and periodic audits of expense reports.
• Respond to inquiries from Branch management arising from monthly financial statement review.
• Reconcile gross profit reports to general ledger.
• Prepares financial and statistical reports as required. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as directed.
• Attend monthly financial meetings.
• Assist with annual audit.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance required, plus 3-5 years relevant experience. CPA and public accounting preferred.
Senior Accountant in Financial Reporting
External Reporting (SEC):
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end external financial reports, including business section, risk factors, footnotes and MD&A for quarterly earnings releases, 10-Qs and 10-Ks.
• Participate in SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes, testing process controls, and making recommendations for improvements.
• Help improve formal processes to ensure that appropriate support is maintained for all disclosures in the Company’s SEC filings.
• Assist with compliance and implementation of all new standards and guidance promulgated by the SEC, FASB, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
• Work closely with external auditors as well as the internal audit department.
• Assist corporate finance in various capacities, including but not limited to, internal reporting duties.
• Help document accounting policies and assist in technical accounting research.
• Assist with implementation of new accounting standards.
• Assist with financial due diligence related to business combinations and purchase accounting.
• Help prepare pro forma financial statements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to independently identify and resolve problems or take advantage of opportunities.
• Strong computer skills, including a demonstrated ability to use accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in Accounting.
• CPA required.
• Minimum 3 years of accounting experience including at least 1-2 years of public accounting (Big 4 Firm).
• SOX 404 experience preferred.
• Experience with GAAP accounting research and application.
• Excellent writing skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability