Our client is growing due to recent acquisitions and organic growth. They looking for a Staff Accountant to work with the Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager, and Division Accounting Manager. This is a HIGH exposure role within a multi-billion dollar international organization!!!!
Staff Accountant duties:
Month-end financial reporting
- Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
- General Journal entry
- General Ledger account reconciliations
- Intercompany statements
- Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
- Bank reconciliations
- Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
- Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
- Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
- Assistance in quarter-end financial reports and schedules
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3+ years accounting experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills required in MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented. Customer service mentality!
- Great communication skills both oral and written.
Our client is a $500MM publicly traded retailer with locations nation-wide. Over 500 locations in 48 states! And they have been in business for over 20 years!
- Opening: 1 Staff & 1 Senior Internal Auditor. T
Why work here?
- 10% travel nationally
- CPA/CPE support
- “Get your work done” environment where schedules can be flexible
- 50% discount on all products
- One of the few retailers in growth mode
- ½ day Fridays during Summer
- 40-45 hour weeks
- New-hires will be direct reports to the Director of Internal Audit
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for the co-development and performance of audits in support of the Company’s internal audit plan and supervision of staff on the internal audit team.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist management with the planning, testing, review, and reporting of the Company’s internal controls related to Sarbanes Oxley compliance, as well as performing substantive audit procedures in support of the external auditor’s year-end audit.
• Negotiates and procures banking services and assists in the design and implementation of cash management structures.
• Facilitates and coordinates domestic and international banking and risk management projects to improve cost of banking and operational efficiencies of cash and risk management processes.
• Manages cash management relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
• Maintains banking systems and bank account documents.
• Invests excess cash and initiates borrowings as needed (primary backup to Treasury Analyst).
• Responsible for financial analysis which includes evaluating business unit / project cash flows, cash forecasting, accounting and tax issues.
• Coordinates, schedules and reports Quarterly Dividend Payment dates.
• Responsible for the presentation and periodic reporting to management as needed.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
A minimum of 5 years experience in finance, treasury or financial analysis with CTP certification..MBA a HUGE plus!
Foreign Currency Exchange experience a MUST!
Experience with investments, banking and payment systems, currency / commodity trades.
The Treasury Analyst is responsible for coordinating and monitoring all cash activities and facilitating investment decisions, as well as processing payments, etc. for entry in the general ledger. This position is also responsible for the preparation and distribution of reports for cash and treasury operations.
Why work here?
- The opportunity to enter the O&G industry at a pivotal time in the industry
- Rotational options after 2 years including FP&A, Corporate Accounting or other areas
- Great benefits including 401k match & bonuses
- Half-day Fridays
- Little Overtime
- Strong leadership at the management level
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (Audit/Accounting/Finance)
- Treasury experience preferred but not required
- “Rockstar” personality – Growth oriented
- Determine daily cash positions for the organization
- Provide analysis for daily cash position and short term investments; and accurately upload/ input wire transfers as needed
- Interface and communicate with outside banks, maintain bank account accuracy, and support bank restructurings
- Analyze bank fees and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Recommend improvements to policies and procedures as they relate to Treasury and Corporate Finance for cash management
- Ensure accuracy of daily payment file uploads and interface with AP and IT when errors occur
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university (in Accounting or Finance) required
- Masters or advanced degree (in Accounting or Finance) preferred
- CPA or CTP preferred
External Reporting Director | $2B Company |
Our client is a publicly-traded manufacturing company who is a leader in their specialty seeking a Financial Reporting Director. They are in growth/acquisition mode and there will be five individuals reporting up to this position.
Why work here?
- Company growth (internal & acquisition based)
- Flexible schedule
- Exposure to C-suite & Upper management
- Great medical benefits through Cigna
- Full benefits including safe-harbor 401K match of 4%
- Compliance with GAAP/SEC requirements
- Maintain and implement financial reporting/internal control requirements
- Review and approve earnings release date
- Prepare Audit Committee presentations
- Public Accounting experience (Big 4)
- Industry (direct) 10K & 10Q preparation
- 10+ years of experience
- Staff Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Analyst – Conroe
- Controller – Conroe
- FP&A Supervisor – Need Modeling experience!!!!
- Fixed Asset Accountant – Staff or Senior – Galleria
- Senior GL Accountant – Galleria – Company in Growth Mode!
- Financial Reporting Manager – Looking for a first year manager or strong senior to learn SEC Reporting
- SAP Controller – SE Houston
- Global Controller – West Houston
- Internal Compliance Manager – West Houston
- Senior Accountant – SW Houston
- Payroll Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Reporting Analyst – DT – Must have public accounting
- JIB Accountant – Woodlands
- Senior Accounting Manager – Clearlake – CPA!
- Senior Accountant – Clearalake
- Spanish Speaking HR Admin
- Small CPA Firm – Tax, Audit and Bookkeepers needed!!!!
- Internal Audit Manager – low travel – NW Houston
- Senior Auditor – low travel – NW Houston
- Staff Auditor – no audit experience required!!!!! West Houston