Our client is bringing their accounting in house. They are currently on QuickBooks. This is a VERY hands on role until the company starts taking off. They are expecting a huge amount of growth in the next 18 to 24 months. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reports, including Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc financial reports and analyses for internal and external audiences.
- Financial Analysis & Monitoring. Develop and maintain tools for financial analysis. Keep CFO apprised of existing or developing financial and/or cash flow issues.
- Accounts Payable – Disbursements. Approve payments, prepare and input AP.
- Maintain & reconcile cash, balance sheet, and payroll-related accounts monthly and resolve any discrepancies.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end G/L close process as well as maintenance of all accounting ledger.
- Accounts Receivable. Develop receivables policy to keep days receivables to a minimum. Manage preparation of all invoices/billings. Prepare complex billings/invoices. Review and approve invoices in general ledger. Oversee systematic implementation of receivables collection procedures.
- Cash Receipts. Manage all coding, deposits, data entry, and posting in GL.
- Develop annual operating and departmental budgets.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance while paying special attention to the major profit/loss centers in the company.
- Manage debt balances and ensure proper and timely payments as required, including accrued interest and capital lease accounts.
- Provide financial perspective and analysis on business decisions including profitability, cost analysis, and cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as primary liaison for external CPA firm relationship including all financial, tax and consulting matters.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that the company would pass independent audits.
- Accounting Degree
- 10 to 12 years of accounting experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and Systems Implementations a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to work both strategically to develop and manage integration plans as well as tactically to develop routine reports to support business operations
- Experience with professional services billing procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with SOC 1 and SOC 2 preferred