The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for monitoring and updating the organizations risk assessment, preparing and monitoring an annual audit plan, and executing the audit plan. The Audit Manager will manage a team of internal and outsourced auditors.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties include:
- Maintains and annually updates the organizations Risk Assessment.
- At least annually updates an Internal Audit Plan.
- Creates, monitors, and tests all internal controls.
- Guides internal audit decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares internal audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing internal audit information.
- Completes internal audit requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and/or outsourced consultants; following up on work results.
- Maintains internal staff and outsourced consulting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains internal staff and outsourced consulting staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adheres to and promotes the values, policies and procedures of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business. Graduate degree preferred.
- Current CPA license.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility.
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management.
- Proven ability to effectively manage people and supervise work assignments.
- Must be able to set goals and complete duties and assignments under the pressure of deadlines.
- Resourceful, detail oriented, strong time-management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of grammar usage, letter writing, and proofreading.
The Information Technology Auditor may be involved in all phases of an audit, including planning, project execution and communication, as directed by the associated project supervisor. The IT Auditor will work with the audit team and business personnel to understand information technology controls, determine and assess risks within processes, identify controls and deficiencies and provide recommendations to improve processes under review. Finally, the IT Auditor may be involved in special projects and/or company initiatives.
- Interacts with process owners and control owners in areas under review, conveying the department’s guiding principles of integrity, objectivity, innovation, excellence and teamwork
- Develops audit programs designed to evaluate reliability of financial information, effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations and compliance with established policies and procedures
- Documents business processes, identifying key controls and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Performs audit fieldwork
- Monitors compliance with established policies, procedures and sound business practices
- Promotes implementation of best practices to strengthen internal controls
- Prepares, assembles and organizes work papers documenting audit procedures performed
- Communicates status and findings to supervisor throughout course of audit
- Drafts audit reports, detailing audit procedures performed and findings (including strengths and weaknesses)
- Assists with preparation of control reports, status reports, scorecards and presentations
- Finalizes audit reports, incorporating management responses
- Complies with departmental policies and procedures
- Assists with special projects, as needed
- Bachelors degree, preferred in Management Information Systems, Accounting or Finance
- Professional Certification, such as CISA, CIA, or CPA or certification candidate preferred
- 1 – 3 years experience in technology auditing and risk management positions
- General understanding of business and accounting principles
Interested candidates should demonstrate:
- Broad understanding of internal control principles, design, evaluation and remediation and general computing controls
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Service-oriented approach
- Solid work ethic
- Team-player attitude
- Proficiency with PC-based tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and computer assisted auditing tools
- Ability to travel 25 to 35%
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Senior Managing Director, Accounting & Finance Recruiting | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 | 713-260-5238 | email@example.com| Blog| Twitter| LinkedIn