Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accounting general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Manage the general ledger recurring journal entries, accruals, prepays for monthly, quarterly and year end.
- Review, investigate and correct ledger errors, inconsistencies in ledger accounts and prepare supporting documentation.
- Account reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, including verification of data for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor general ledger balance sheet accounts, monthly perform balance sheet reconciliations, tie to movement in the income statement.
- Reconcile the inventory accounts, including the cost of goods sold, inventory counts and inventory adjustments.
- Ensure that all accounting deadlines are met and that Controller and Management are appraised of progress and known issues.
- Back up for payroll, accounts payable and others as defined
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Enter the budget in QuickBooks based on departmental information.
- Perform budget variance analysis by comparing budget versus actuals.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Review accounts payable and other projects for automation to improve accounting efficiencies.
- Develop, calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preference to degree, with 2 to 4+ years of experience
- Extensive Quickbooks experience required.
Our client is growing due to recent acquisitions and organic growth. They looking for a Staff Accountant to work with the Controller, Corporate Accounting Manager, and Division Accounting Manager. This is a HIGH exposure role within a multi-billion dollar international organization!!!!
Staff Accountant duties:
Month-end financial reporting
- Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
- General Journal entry
- General Ledger account reconciliations
- Intercompany statements
- Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
- Bank reconciliations
- Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
- Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
- Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
- Assistance in quarter-end financial reports and schedules
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 3+ years accounting experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills required in MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented. Customer service mentality!
- Great communication skills both oral and written.
Email email@example.com for more details.
The Assistant Controller shall have the following primary responsibilities:
•Ensure accurate coding and GAAP compliant transactions in the general ledger;
•Ensure and maintain proper supporting documentation for each journal;
•Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and month-end closing activities, including journal entries, adjustments, accruals and reconciliations;
•Consolidate monthly financial results;
•Complete and distribute on-time monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
•Prepare and maintain supporting schedules regarding various financial activities;
•Assist in financial performance analysis, financial statement reconciliations and inter-company eliminations;
•Verify and account for assets and liabilities and prepare collateral documentation;
•Develops and document processes and assist with projects to improve performance and efficiencies;
•Acting as chief liaison with business unit controller regarding the application and usage of the system;
•Maintaining the overall integrity of the system database, including developing and enforcing procedures to ensure users regularly enter data and adhere to protocol;
•Updating system databases to account for routine accounting activities and extraordinary financial transactions (e.g., acquisitions and securities transactions); and
•Preparing and distributing standard financial dashboard and other reports and developing other analyses to summarize and evaluate data and trends.
The position requires the following background and skills:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
•6 + years of accounting supervision and accounting systems experience in a multi-location manufacturing enterprise
•Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing process and how they impact costs and expenses
Our client is growing and adding a Staff Accountant to their team. I am looking for a degreed Accountant (Accounting or Finance) with 1 to 4 years of experience.
Some of the duties will include:
• Prepare journal entries, detailed reports and account reconciliations
• Reconciles all bank accounts
• Administers expense report program
• Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules
• Assists in year-end inventory counts
• Ensure proper recording and retention of all documentation for fixed asset additions and disposals
• Prepare and analyze various account reconciliations
• Record all assigned monthly journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
• Prepare monthly sales tax forms and ensure proper payments are sent before the due date for US & Canada
• Obtain information and documentation for various company audits and tax returns
• Assist in month end closing and the financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
• Assist controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
• Performs internal control testing and documentation
Our client is growing! They pay 100% of medical insurance and offer $100 per month gym membership reimbursement. They also pay from parking downtown and match 6% on the 401K. This is a bonus eligible position (10 to 30%).
Meet all payroll deadlines using KRONOS payroll software
Submission and payment of payroll related taxes and forms, workers comp and 401(k)
Reconciliation of all payroll liabilities including benefits
Month End Close / Financial Reports
- Preparation and entry of all payroll related Journal Entries
- Preparation of Intercompany invoices
- Bank account tracking and balancing
- GL account reconciliations including resolution of discrepancies
- Monthly financial statement preparation and analysis
- Preparation of schedules for the annual audit
Other duties / special projects as assigned
Education / Training / Experience
5-10 years experience in all aspects of payroll preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required
Working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Excel
- Experience with accounting software. KRONOS experience preferred
- Great work ethic- lead by example character
A team player- always looking for ways to contribute to the Accounting team
Takes initiative on improving processes
- Self-Starter- can work independently as well as a team player
Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas services company with over 3000 employees worldwide. They are growing through acquisition and organic growth. At this time they need to add a Division Senior Accountant to their team.
• Work directly with the Accounting Manager in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
Month-end financial reporting
Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
o General Journal entries on multiple general ledgers
o General Ledger account reconciliations
o Intercompany invoices
o Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
o Bank reconciliations
o Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
o Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
o Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
• Assist in maintaining accounting controls
• Assist with intercompany invoicing
• Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Advanced skills required in MS Excel and Word.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels the organization.