The Asset Portfolio Accountant maintains General Ledger for retail properties as assigned, ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and maintains the tenant leases sub-ledger, ensuring tenant leases are properly accounted for.
- You will have your own office.
- Health conscious organization – the company offers free fruit and snacks to employees each day, and catered breakfasts in the morning on Friday.
- Great opportunity for growth!
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred
- Property accounting experience (office/retail preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience
LOCATION: West Houston
COMPENSATION: Salary + Benefits
Our client is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team of professionals. They are a private equity company with over 3 billion in assets under management.
- Coordinate weekly accounts payable (invoice entry & approval, check & wire payments)
- Prepare monthly journal entries (allocate expense and fund receivables, reconciliations)
- Prepare monthly financial statements (trial balance, control account schedules, reports)
- Other ad hoc requests (subsidiary financials, vendor spend, coordinate W-9, annual 1099)
- Lead other back-office tasks (not limited to LP communication, treasury functions, corporate insurance)
- Support Assistant Controllers on investment activities (not limited to valuations, debt compliance, loan amortization)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; minimum GPA 3.2 (cumulative)
- Accounting experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrated progress towards professional certification required
- Two to three year’s professional experience preferred
- Good attitude, judgment, self-starter
- Accurate, independent, and efficient work with minimal supervision
- Salary: $60,000 to 70,000
- Bonus range: 0-15%
- Covered garage parking provided
- Daily catered lunch provided
- Fully-paid medical, dental, vision; 401k
- Paid vacation, holidays, winter holiday
- Onsite gym available
Oversee treasury function. Manage a team of three. Directs staff responsible for daily cash and investment management, depository banking services, bank and rating agency relations, mitigating credit and financial risk exposures, and strategies to optimize liquidity.
- Manage debt portfolio, including approving debt covenant compliance, continuing disclosures, and reporting
- Negotiate and execute short-term and long-term financing transactions, including interface with bond counsel, financial advisors, and underwriters.
- Collaborate with internal departments to execute financing strategies and action plans to deliver a 5-year capital improvement plan, plus special projects.
- Provide oversight for the investment portfolio, interfacing with advisors regarding investment strategy, approving transactions recommended by staff, and ensuring compliance.
- Foster relations with commercial and investment banks, and rating agencies.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Financial Planning and other departments and stakeholders to ensure proper execution, documentation, and accounting of all debt financings, derivatives and investment activity
- Monitor interest rates and other relevant market conditions and alert management to potential issues affecting debt ratings
- Work with management, the trustees and outside consultants in the daily administration of the Pension Plan, 401 Defined Contribution Plan, and the Trust
- Manage counterparty risk and financial exposures in letters of credit.
- Create and maintain complex financial models (e.g., IRR, discounted cash flow, etc.) as necessary for analysis and evaluation of corporate finance and capital structure issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related major
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of related financial and treasury experience required
- Previous supervisory or executive experience preferred
- Knowledge of debt portfolio analysis and management
- Knowledge of investment management, pension, and benefit finance
- Knowledge of depository banking services
- Knowledge of bank and rating agency relations
- Knowledge of capital market execution
Title: AR Supervisor
Location: NW Houston- 290 & Tidwell area
CFS has teamed up with a well established wholesale distributor of pipe, fittings, valves and other related products. They provide a laid back environment and their accounting team gets to enjoy WORK LIFE balance with limited overtime. They also get to wear JEANS EVERYDAY!!!
- 3+ years of AR experience
- Invoicing and managing AR Accounts
- Collections experience
- In charge of setting up new customers
- Supervise AR clerk
- No degree required
In nine states, unemployment rates have fallen to their lowest levels since the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) began keeping such data. In 20 states (including Texas), unemployment levels have fallen below 4%, and in 10 of them, the level is below 3%. While high unemployment is obviously undesirable, overly low unemployment presents its own difficulties.
It is generally accepted that the economy functions relatively efficiently at about 4% unemployment. Imperfect information, the time needed to find a job when entering the labor force, mobility limitations, and other temporary timing issues and lags lead to some “frictional” unemployment. It is also inevitable that the mix of skills among those seeking jobs won’t perfectly match local needs. In short, it is neither possible nor desirable to attain zero unemployment.
The lower unemployment reaches, the harder it is for companies to locate workers. Economic growth can be constrained if there aren’t people to fill jobs. In Texas, some communities in areas near major oil production and technology centers are facing such obstacles. Although the population in these areas is expanding rapidly, as individuals and families are lured by the strong job market, labor demand is emerging even more rapidly. Worker shortages are the unavoidable result, although they tend to work themselves out as people continue to flow to areas promising high wages. Such is the nature of markets.
In other cases of too-low unemployment, however, the problem is more severe. Some states are experiencing low unemployment due largely to a shrinking labor force, including Vermont and North Dakota, where unemployment is 2.3%. Demographic trends such as the aging of the baby boomers and a shortage of young people are setting the stage for long-term sustainability issues. Vermont actually engaged in recruiting workers, though such efforts are problematic and expensive.
Texas unemployment is currently at 3.8%. Over the year ended in March, the Lone Star State gained more jobs than any other state (271,000), while the labor force grew by 222,255. Texas is attracting new residents to take advantage of benefits ranging from lower taxes to more affordable housing. The state’s population is also younger, and thus the problem here is somewhat less acute.
Workforce training to better match skills to job requirements is part of the solution to too-low unemployment. Innovative approaches to retain individuals in the workforce or attract those on the sidelines can also help. With a generally healthy economy and historically low natural population growth, sound immigration policy will almost certainly be needed to reach a lasting solution. It is certainly better for unemployment to be too low than too high, but it brings its own challenges that must be systematically addressed through a multi-faceted strategy.
Do you enjoy being part of an entrepreneurial environment and impacting the bottom line? Our client is growing and adding an Accounting & Finance Associate Director to their team. This company has been in the distribution business for over 50 years!
- Directs work related to general accounting, financial planning, costs, financial forecast and budgets
- Advises and collaborates with management in developing processes, policies, and procedures
- Provides insight into sales and margin analysis, customer and operational profitability, and labor utilization
- Performs financial modeling for improvement with risk versus reward evaluation
- Develops, trains and manages all supporting commercial, integrated supply chain, and global financial planning team members
- Researches and plans for a commercial transaction, acquisitions, and integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a corporate finance role;
- Distribution industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Advanced Excel
- Merger and acquisition experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven leader.
Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget analysis.
• Prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
• Consolidates and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
• Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
• Conducts research and analysis and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on the analysis.
• Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
• Makes appropriate journal entries to the general ledger.
• Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
• Works with the company’s SOX auditors; tracks audit findings;
• 5 plus years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Cost Accounting experience a plus.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
• Expert level experience with QuickBooks
• Self-Driven work ethic.
- IT Internal Controls Specialist -DT *5/7
- Internal Auditor – 30% travel – DT
- AP Specialist – *5/6
- Revenue Accounting Analyst
- Treasury Director – East of Downtown
- Treasury Manager – East of Downtown
- Accounting Analyst
- Admin Asst – DT or Galleria
- AR Supervisor – NW Houston
- Senior Staff Accountant – NW Houston
- Financial Analyst – Galleria
- Director of Finance & Accounting, East Houston *5/1
- Payroll Systems Accounting Manager – West *5/1
- Senior Accountant – DT *5/1
- Tax Manager with Partnership experience looking to be a Controller within 5 years!!!! *5/1
- Senior Accounting Analyst – Downtown
- Senior Accountant with the succession plan to AC – West moving to IAH
- Internal Auditor – Galleria
- Accounting Revenue Analyst – Downtown
- JIB Accountant – NW Houston
- Staff Accountant – Channelview
- Staff Auditor – Clearlake
- Entry Level SEC Accountant – Jersey Village
- Senior Internal Auditor – Woodlands
- Payroll / HR Senior – NW Houston
- Senior IT Auditor – DT Houston
- AP Specialist – Nonprofit – Memorial
- Senior Accountant – Mfg – Tomball
- CFO – Amarillo, Texas
- Senior Accountant – DT
- Sage 100 / Mas90 Implementation Specialist – Work Remote!
- Financial Reporting / Analyst – DT
- Finance Manager / Controller – Tomball
- Controller (300M division) – NW Houston
- Division Controller (70M) – NW Houston
- Assistant Controller (new MLP) – Galleria
- Senior SEC Accountant – Downtown
- Senior Auditor – Clearlake
- Senior GL Accountant (small company) NW Houston
- Accountant – Conroe
- IT Auditor – Galleria
- HR / Payroll Manager – Nonprofit – Galleria
- AP Director – NW Houston
- Staff Accountant – NW Houston
- Senior Accountant – NW Houston
- Senior Accountant (SAP) – I-10/Beltway
- Senior Accountant (SAP) – Downtown
- Staff Auditor – 20% Travel – Galleria
- Senior Auditor – 20% Travel – Galleria
- Third Party Mgt Accountant – West Houston
- Internal Controls Manager – Downtown
- Senior Audit Manager – Public Accounting
- R&D Tax Manager – Public Accounting
- Pricing Analyst – Downtown
- Grant Accounting Manager – Greenway Plaza
- Bookkeeper – Public Accounting – NW Houston
- Senior Accounting Analyst (big 4) – Sugar Land
April, Monday 29 2019 – 09:16:03
Why Work Here?
- An excellent opportunity to help build up a team
- An opportunity to learn A LOT
- Excellent Company location! Live and work in The Woodlands
- This position is responsible for planning and performing internal audits designed to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, determine compliance with policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with the company’s SOX compliance program.
- Audit team consists of 7.
- Must have experience in the Engineering & Construction industry- whether within internal audit, engineering, project controls, or operations.
- Degree: Flexible; Accounting OR engineering or Construction Management;
- In-depth knowledge of SOX compliance
- Must be able to work alongside and communicate effectively with management; Looking for a problem solver, not someone with a “gotcha” mentality.
- Travel 25-30% domestic; About 1-2 weeks of travel to projects per quarter.