Real Estate Accountant Opportunity
Location: Greenway Plaza
Interested in Commercial Real Estate? CFS has teamed up with a commercial real estate company who is looking to add an energetic and eager to learn individual to their team! Most of the work is diverse, fun and challenging!!!!!! This is not a job where you do the same thing over and over again and can figure it out from past work. You have to be able to “think” through what you are doing and be able to create things from scratch. Ready for the challenge????
- Accounting Degree
- 2.5 to 4 years of experience
Amazing work environment and growth potential!
Why work for this company?!
Family owned and operated, our client is a majority owner of 10 companies within technology, service, and engineered products industries. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a family that values its employees, community involvement, and philanthropic ventures such as endangered species conservation.
About the Position
- This position offers 2 weeks paid vacation, 100% medical paid for employee, 401k with a 5% match and a base salary of 40- $45k + bonus.
- The family office is located in the within walking distance to the Galleria.
- Lunch often provided to employees
- Responsible for timekeeping and payroll.
- Annual files, and Tax (w2’s, sales tax returns).
- Monitor bank accounts
- Answer phones
- Expense reconciliation
- Maintain file and record keeping
- Special Projects
- Travel research and booking
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Payroll & Timekeeping
- Reconciling business expenses
- Experience with MS Suite
Our client is a centrally-located, publicly-traded company in the service industry. Operating in over 40 states and internationally they serve nearly every industry in existence. This company has been awarded as a “Best Place to Work” multiple years running. The Senior Treasury Analyst will sit within a group of seven and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Treasury. There is rapid growth-potential and the ability to take on new responsibilities every week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CTP preferred
- International experience preferred
- 4-10 years of treasury experience
- Manages daily cash positioning
- Lead treasury-focused analytical projects
- Analyzes forecasting differences
- Liquidity monitoring & analysis
- Review bank account structure
- Monitor current market conditions
Why work here?
- 9/80 schedule
- Stable industry
- Publicly-traded exposure (Fortune 500 company)
- Room for growth – Internal promotions are frequent (CFO started in this group)
- Little overtime
- Great culture: Happy hours, team-building events
The Senior Accountant will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and sitting with a team of 3. This is a dynamic role where many hats will be worn. The company is well-established with multiple offices across the country specializing in the construction industry. Their California branch works on companies like Google, Apple, and Facebook. This office offers a laid-back atmosphere and an open-door policy.
Why work here?
- Rapidly-growing company (growth opportunities)
- Projects nation-wide
- Clients include publicly-traded tech companies
- Prepare Monthly Journal Entries for various activities
- Lead project set-up, project review
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Review revenue, WIP
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Review WIP, revenue, profitability
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Why work for this company???
- Midsize O&G company with a family oriented work culture
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- On-Site Workout Facility & Trainer
- Lucrative Compensation Package
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Excellent Financial Modeling & Excel skills
- Ability to communicate conclusions & recommendations from data analysis
- Able to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Background in finance lending, asset-backed finance, asset-based lending, investment banking, ABS portfolio management
Global Operations Controller
Our client, a publicly traded oil & gas company, with revenue in excess of 1 Billion, is located in the Woodlands, Texas. They are currently hiring a Global Controller for their largest segment. This Global Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, consolidations, budgeting, planning and leadership of the global finance team (team of approximately 12). This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate accounting & finance and report directly to the CFO / Segment President.
With general autonomy, ensure all financial initiatives are met, including responsibility for the entire global segment accounting process , reports and analyzes cost/performance and oversees contractual matters in assigned in profit center area. Responsible for closing cycles and operating rhythms, reporting, annual budget preparation, controllership fundamentals, and coordinating finance-related activities across functions.
- Assume full responsibility of the accounting function in support of business operations within the Segment.
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing, and reporting processes.
- Meets with and collaborates with business unit leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our business. Works with the finance and accounting leads to insure controls are in place and improve cost tracking and budgeting tools.
- Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Partner with business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy, and utilization.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of all general ledger accounts.
- Manage Quarterly and Annual audit process.
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Provides Cash Management planning and reporting to the business unit including Billing, Collections, DSO’s, and Contract Assets and Liabilities.
- Four year college or university degree in Accounting
- CPA or similar certification
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Up to 30% travel
- Ten plus years of progressive leadership experience.
- Experience with reporting under US GAAP for US Parent Company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence, and collaborate at the leadership level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP system capabilities, preferably Oracle / Hyperion
Our client is adding a Cost Accounting Manager to their team. The company is publicly traded and services segments of the oil & gas industry. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate finance and report directly to the CAO.
Why work for this company:
• Over 100 locations worldwide. Focus on expanding international operations.
• A stable company with a long stand reputation in their industry. They have been in business for over 40 years.
• An entrepreneurial company, with a strong management team and expansive international growth plans.
• Direct line to executive leadership! Their management team values the input of its employees.
• Ability to make an impact on the bottom line.
• CFS has successfully placed several professionals with them for over 10 years!
• The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization’s cost accounting function within the manufacturing and distribution facility.
• Prepares and presents recommendations for reducing costs, and provides cost-related data in support of business decisions or for use in financial reporting.
• Provide accurate and timely costing accounting information, preparing and presenting product margin, manufacturing performance analyses, and labor analysis while ensuring inventory data integrity and driving inventory management performance.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure in order to pull information from the financial reporting system.
• Support budgeting and forecasting activities
• Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures
• Maintains the organization’s cost accounting systems and ensures that expenditures are appropriately classified in order to accurately calculate product/product line, project, or departmental costs
• Performs the “month end close” of the Inventory Ledger within the ERP
• Makes sure all the shipped goods are completely recorded and all the sales transactions.
• Monitors sales pricing and sales discount and bring management attention to the reduction of gross profit.
• Analyzes cost variances and presents findings to leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in cost accounting role within a manufacturing environment
• Travel requirement: 0% – 25%
Area CFS has teamed up with a non-for-profit who focuses on the conservation of marine resources. They are a company who provides a family-oriented work environment and the chance to partake in the implementation of processes and procedures within the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions:
-Performs general bookkeeping functions for National office and various state chapters, as assigned.
-Assists with month-end close and year-end close financial activities.
-Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
-Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
-Substantiates financial transactions with supporting documentation.
-Performs with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
Required Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
-2+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
-Strong Excel Skills
-Experience and knowledge of Sage, preferred
-Experience working with a non-profit and/or small business, preferred
Why work for this company?
- Family oriented work culture
- Growth opportunity to move into an assistant controller role
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, Dental, Vision & 401K
- To help provide complete and accurate financial information to satisfy the needs of management, owners, lenders, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist controller with outside auditors as needed.
- Prepare and enter monthly and yearly journal entries.
- Prepare general ledgers for monthly, quarterly and year-end close reporting.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation’s.
- Prepare US Government census reports for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Prepare US GAAP & HFM monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare US GAAP consolidated financial workpapers and financial statements.
- Maintain plant, property and equipment detailed sub-ledgers using Sage FAS software.
- Accounting degree
- 3-5 years of experience in GL
- Experience with preparing GAAP financial statements, consolidated reporting, account analysis, audit schedules, accounting systems and analytical projects.
Our client is adding a Senior Finance Manager to their team. The company is publicly traded and services segments of the oil & gas industry. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate finance and report directly to the President, Operations.
Why work for this company:
- Over 100 locations worldwide. Focus on expanding international operations.
- A stable company with a long stand reputation in their industry. They have been in business for over 40 years.
- An entrepreneurial company, with a strong management team and expansive international growth plans.
- Direct line to executive leadership! Their management team values the input of its employees.
- Ability to make an impact on the bottom line.
- Newly created role with unlimited possibilities.
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
- CFS has successfully placed several professionals with them for over 10 years!
- This role is responsible for overseeing the operations financial planning & analysis functions, including coordination, evaluation, and monitoring of division level performance and reporting.
- Provides timely, accurate data and reports to management to proactively influence sound business decisions.
- Drives strategies and process improvement intended to meet organizations long-term financial objectives, while partnering with corporate finance, division finance, and operational leadership.
- Prepares Management reports including KPI”s and variance explanations. Creates dashboards for upper management.
- Provides direction of functional counterparts in operating units and senior management on matters involving cost determination, inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, treatment of joints costs and product pricing.
- Conducts complex financial analysis projects, including preparation of trend analysis to suggest improvements to the leadership team.
- Partners with operational management in evaluating sales and marketing programs performing value-added ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborates with executives to develop and maintain annual budgets and track results on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of professional experience
- Extensive MS Excel (queries, macros, advanced pivot tables)
- Working knowledge of B.I. products preferred