Prepare monthly Joint Interest Billing (JIB) and Cash Calls
• Analyze and calculate allocation of operator expense and overhead to partners
• Prepare revenue, UOP depletion, DD&A, Capitalized Interest, and other monthly entries
• Assist in monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing
• Perform various account reconciliations monthly
• Review and prepare all monthly accruals
• Perform operating expense variance analysis and reporting for corporate
• Ensure timely and reliable financial closing / statutory reporting
• Assist management in preparing annual budgets; external and internal
• Ensure invoice entries are posted correctly and accurately according to Production Sharing Contracts (PSC) and Joint Operating Agreements (JOA)
• Ensure that all obligations and reports are in compliance with PSC
• Process aging report and manage the account receivables and account payable
• Ensure all local taxes process are in compliance with Gabonese Law
• Assist and coordinate in JIB audits
• Liaise with Project and coordinate accounting/finance support project activities
• Maintain and review accounting procedures, processes and make improvements when necessary
• Ensure group reporting meets requirements and compliance to statutory audit and corporate taxation
• Supports Financial Controller in miscellaneous projects and ad-hoc business needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Preferably C.P.A
• Ideally over 5 years of Accounting experience
o E&P with a minimum of 2 years in Joint Venture Accounting
• Working knowledge of drilling, completion, and production activities
• International experience a plus
Job Openings (Temp & Perm):
North / Northwest:
- Staff Accountant – Manufacturing & Distribution
- Staff Accountant – Distribution
- Staff Accountant – Oil & Gas Field Services
- Consolidations Accounting Manager – Oil & Gas Field Service
- HR Manager –
- Director Finance – Manufacturing (POC)
- Staff Property Accountant – Real Estate
- Senior Property Accountant – Real Estate
- Accounting & Operations Manager – Real Estate
- Senior Accountant – (AP) – E&P
- Senior JIB Accountant – E&P
- Staff Revenue Accountant – E&P
- Director of Revenue & Production Accounting – E&P
- Production Accounting Manager – E&P
- Accounts Payable Team Lead – E&P
- Controller – E&C – Spanish Speaker – Conroe or NW Houston
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst – Healthcare – GAAP & Rev Rec
- Senior Tax Accountant – State or Federal – more than will to train!
- Tax Accountant – State or Federal – more than will to train!
- Senior Cost Accountant – Conroe / Magnolia
- SEC Reporting Manager
- SEC Reporting Senior
- Senior Accountant – Professional Service
- Accounting Manager – Professional Service
- Staff Accountant – 2 years max!
- SEC Reporting Manager
- Assistant Controller – Real Estate
- Staff Accountant – Real Estate
Central (Galleria to DT):
- AP Specialist – Degree in any field required – No AP experience needed
- Staff IT Auditor – Midstream
- Staff Internal Auditor – Midstream
- Entry Level Auditor – Real Estate – no experience needed
- Senior Financial Analyst – Healthcare – Big 4 Senior experience required
- Treasury Director – E&C
- Lead SEC Accountant – E&C
- Hyperion Administrator – E&C
- IT Compliance Senior – E&C
- Nonprofit Director of Finance
- Nonprofit Accounting Manager
- Nonprofit CFO
- Treasury Analyst – Service
South / Southeast:
- Global Controller – Manufacturing – 500M division of 7B dollar company
- SEC Reporting Manager
- Division Controller
- Senior Accountant (Big 4 needed)
- E&P Controller – New Orleans, LA
- Manufacturing CFO – Phoenix, AZ
- E&P Assistant Controller – Durango, CO
- E-Commerce CFO – Madison, WI
- Law Firm, Senior Billing Manager – Columbus, OH
- High Tech Senior Technical Accounting Manager – Portland, OR
- Consumer Products CFO – MN
Project / Consulting Work:
- Payroll Manager – SW Houston
- Payroll Administrator – North Houston
- Treasury Analyst III – Downtown Houston
- Payroll Administrator – Downtown Houston
- General Accountant – Downtown Houston
- Senior Accounts Payable Specialist – NW Houston
- Billing Specialist – Downtown Houston
- Accounts Payable Clerk – Old Katy
- Accounts Payable -Downtown Houston
- Sales and Use Tax Accountant – Galleria
Industry News and Updates:
Based on the activity we’ve had this past quarter, CFS is in for a very busy 2018 both locally and nationally. I am excited to report that the Houston economy is on the upswing! We have been very busy assisting hiring managers as they add additional headcount, a large number of which were replacements of positions that were previously eliminated in the last few years. Also, several of our clients have been supplementing their additional workload with temporary workers due to increased business. All of this is great news for our local economy and job market.
Here are some highlights from the Greater Houston Partnership and The Perryman Group:
- Oilfield services added 3,500 jobs in the past 12 months
- Manufacturing added 4,800 workers – the driving force behind this has been linked to drilling activity
- The construction sector added 3,700 workers – majority of these are tied to Harvey
- Unfortunately, some oil & gas firms are still restructuring – approximately 2,200 workers were laid off in the past 12 months
- Rig counts have increased by more than 100 since this time last year
- Capital Investment is UP
- Texas population is expected to grow by more than 2M in the next 5 years – these new Texans will need housing, healthcare, retail services, etc.
- Last but not least: The Texas economy is projected to outpace the nation over the next 5 years!
CFS Resource for Hiring Managers: Interview Guide
- National Unemployment Rate: 4.4 (last year 4.9)
- Houston Unemployment Rate: 4.7 (last year 5.7)
- Labor Participation Rate: 62.9% (last year 63%)
- January 2007 66.4% Highest / September 2015 62.3% Lowest
- Manufacturing Index: 55.6 (last year 5.2)
- Oil Rig Count: 991 (last year 789)
- Price of Oil: $65.59 (last year $53.36)
The Internal Audit Staff is an integrated member of the audit team and will perform compliance and financial audits related to operational, development, joint venture and corporate functions as needed. This is an entry-level position that will provide an excellent opportunity for an individual with an Accounting degree and strong work ethic that is interested in a career in Internal Audit. While experience is not required, strong organization skills, a customer-focused attitude, and team player mentality will be key.
- Understand and evaluate internal controls related to assigned audit areas
- Perform audit procedures as defined by the Department’s onsite audit programs
- Identify control deficiencies and make recommendations to management for improvement
- Meet with management to review audit results and obtain management responses
- Perform SOX control testing, prepare work papers, and submit those work papers for review and clear comments
- Complete and submit test results documented in predefined workpapers to Internal Audit Senior and clear all review comments
- Prepare the draft management and Audit Committee reports within the required timeframe and submit to Internal Audit Senior and clear all review comments
- Responsible for all other audit procedures and special projects as assigned by the department’s management
- Responsible for meeting strict time deadlines and Internal Audit Plan criteria
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Some experience in auditing preferred
- Requires excellent organizational skills, ability to self-manage, and meet time deadlines
- Experience with OneSite, JDE, and Oracle preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Up to 20% travel required
The Houston Purchasing Managers Index (PMI), a short-term leading indicator for regional production, registered 56.5 in March, up from 55.6 in February. The region’s PMI slipped below 50 in the three months immediately following Hurricane Harvey, but climbed above 50 in November and has signaled expansion for five consecutive months.
The Finance Director will lead a team focused on the revitalization of affordable-housing in the greater Houston area. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the financial management, accounting and risk systems.
Duties of the Finance Director
- Preparing budgets and financial reports
- Reviewing expenditures for compliance with contracts
- Maintenance of insurance policies
- Supervising Asset Manager responsible for oversight of rental housing portfolio
- Providing oversight for technical operating systems (IT, telephones and office equipment)
- Administering employee benefit plans including health care coverage and Avenue’s 401(k) plan
- Excellent people skills, experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary and diverse team
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Effectiveness in leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Avenue’s mission and values.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Accounting, or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of five years in financial management and accounting, preferably in the non-profit sector, including budgeting, reporting, audit, and compliance.
- Computer Skills: Ability to work with IT staff to implement new systems to increase efficiency.
Our client is an innovative healthcare company located in North-Houston. They have over 1000 employees, operate in 6 states and are focused on providing greater access to healthcare for the communities it operates in. This is a relatively new company in rapid-growth mode.
Accounting Analyst Duties
- Assists Directors in reporting maintenance
- Develops and maintains internal and external reporting methods
- Leads monthly revenue recognition process
- Researches variances & unusual items on the income statement
- Other financial data analysis
Accounting Analyst Requirements
- 3+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Public Accounting required
Why work here?
- Rapid growth opportunities
- Family Culture
- Complex corporate structure (new challenges)
- Monthly recreational activities
- Culture Clubs
- Health programs
- Direct exposure to Board/Directors
Our client is over a 50-year-old publicly-traded Oilfield Services company. They operate internationally in over 70 countries and serve major fortune 500 clients. This is a highly-exposed position with rapid growth and rotation opportunities. The company boasts strong tenure across the company an provides constant training & development. Subsidized study programs for post-graduate and certification efforts are provided.
- Reviews financial Data for the assigned business unit and region
- Detailed account analysis supporting data and reconciliations
- Analyzes operational results including financial statements and financial schedules
- Proposes improvements of system methodology and process review
- Assists in special projects as needed
- Lease guidance support
- Flash forecasting
- 4-5 years of accounting experience
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Oracle is a plus
- Self Starter/Personality
About the Company:
Our client is a top Commercial Real Estate Management company located in West Houston and serving a wide-variety of US markets. They are internationally oriented and serve over 30 countries. Consistently nominated and awarded as a “best place to work”, they provide their employees a challenging and supportive working environment. This company is primarily involved in the management of Class “A” properties and asset/investment services.
Location: Energy Corridor
- Liaison between property management, ownership and the accounting department
- Work with management to develop the annual budget
- Review financial statements and reports
- New lease/amendment creation, work with leasing coordinators and create strong relationships
- Evaluate and analyze cash flows for selected properties
- Property Accounting experience (open to any)(prefers commercial)
- MRI/Yardi experience
- Accounting or Finance degree (preferred)
Why work here?
- Small company environment with large company growth potential
- Rapid growth; financial stability
- Casual office setting
- Brand new office
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free PTO to use towards a charity of your choice
- Coordinate the global monthly closing and consolidation for operating companies into Longview Financial System.
- Ensure compliance with established consolidation, financial reporting, tax reporting and control procedures for the Company.
- Serve as System Administrator for Longview for all company applications and provide user support across the global organization as needed.
- Provide periodic training to new/intermediate users as needed.
- Coordination with IT, Finance and Accounting departments to meet business requirements and drive process improvements in Longview environment.
- Manage day-to-day Longview operations and ensure database integrity.
- Drive Longview reporting improvements to increase reporting abilities in financial planning & analysis, SOX controls, etc.
- Oversee continued feasibility of Longview in current environment and potential future state, keeping abreast of technological advances consolidation software and reporting systems. Ensure proper resource allocation evaluating maintenance efforts against overall company business goals (e.g., cost of maintenance, ease of transition, system capability and capacity, maintenance and processing involved for acquisitions/divestitures, etc.)
- Control security access to all applications and coordinate network permission in compliance with SOX requirements and corporate policy.
- Maintain key Longview data elements to ensure integrity of Legal Entity hierarchy, Chart of Accounts, and Longview reporting database.
- Maintain documentation of system processes, reports and system functionality.
- Support statutory and other regulatory compliance filings (e.g., SEC, Taxes, etc.) through generation of financial reports to support underlying file information.
- Ensure proper coordination of purchases/divestitures within Longview for audit purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Financial Information Systems
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible experience and demonstrated success in accounting and/or financial systems management.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience and working knowledge of global consolidation software tools and processes.
Searching for purple squirrels!!!! Email if you are interested! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forensic Accountant – Galleria
- Accounting Systems Manager – Woodlands
- Senior Tax Accountant – Woodlands – State or Federal
- Financial Analyst – Healthcare – Med Center – Big 4 exp required
- AP Supervisor – Central
- Staff Accountant – Investment Accounting – Downtown Houston
- Tax Manager – Woodlands – Federal or State (will train!)
- Staff Accountant – Accounting Manager Success Plan – Hospitality – DT
- Staff Accountant – Distribution – NW Houston
- Senior Staff Accountant – Oil & Gas Field Service – NW Houston
- Technical Accounting Manager – Midstream – West Houston
- Senior SEC Accountant – NW Houston
- Treasury Analyst II – DT
- Treasury Analyst – Oil & Gas Field Service – Pre IPO – Woodlands
- Senior Financial Analyst – Oil & Gas Field Service – Pre IPO – Woodlands
- Accounting Manager – Med Center – POC / Sage
- Senior Property Accountant – third-party billing – Several in the Houston area
- Nonprofit Senior Staff Accountant – Succession Plan – Galleria
- Senior Financial Reporting Analyst – Woodlands – Healthcare
- Senior Accounting Analyst – NW Houston – Distribution
- Valuations Analyst – Venture Capital – Galleria
- Hyperion Planning Administrator – Galleria
- Lead SEC Accountant – Galleria
- Entry Level IT Auditor – E&P – Downtown
- Senior Consolidations Accountant – Woodlands
- Senior Corporate Accountant – Woodlands
- Global Controller – Pearland
- Director of Finance – Tomball
- SEC Partner – Public Accounting
- Mid Size Firm Audit Partner – Public Accounting
- CFO – Manufacturing – Phoenix
- Cost Accountant – Montgomery
- Accounting Manager – Drilling – NW Houston
- Director of Revenue & Production Accounting – North Houston
- Entry Level Revenue / Production Accounting – North Houston
- AP Lead – E&P – North Houston
- Controller – Durango, CO – Mfg & Spanish
- Accounting Supervisor – Looking for 2 to 3 year public accounting (total exp) – NW Houston
- Staff Internal Auditor – quick track to Senior!! – limited travel – NW
- SEC Reporting Manager – Clearlake
- Division Controller – Clearlake
- Tax Manager – Clearlake
- Assitant Controller – Galleria – commercial real estate development and management
- Senior Accountant – Job Cost or POC – Woodlands
- VP Controller – Big 4 & Industry – Woodlands
- Assistant Controller – Nonprofit – DT