Our client is a $500MM publicly traded retailer with locations nation-wide. Over 500 locations in 48 states! And they have been in business for over 20 years!
- Opening: 1 Staff & 1 Senior Internal Auditor. T
Why work here?
- 10% travel nationally
- CPA/CPE support
- “Get your work done” environment where schedules can be flexible
- 50% discount on all products
- One of the few retailers in growth mode
- ½ day Fridays during Summer
- 40-45 hour weeks
- New-hires will be direct reports to the Director of Internal Audit
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for the co-development and performance of audits in support of the Company’s internal audit plan and supervision of staff on the internal audit team.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist management with the planning, testing, review, and reporting of the Company’s internal controls related to Sarbanes Oxley compliance, as well as performing substantive audit procedures in support of the external auditor’s year-end audit.
- Staff Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Analyst – Conroe
- Controller – Conroe
- FP&A Supervisor – Need Modeling experience!!!!
- Fixed Asset Accountant – Staff or Senior – Galleria
- Senior GL Accountant – Galleria – Company in Growth Mode!
- Financial Reporting Manager – Looking for a first year manager or strong senior to learn SEC Reporting
- SAP Controller – SE Houston
- Global Controller – West Houston
- Internal Compliance Manager – West Houston
- Senior Accountant – SW Houston
- Payroll Accountant – Galleria
- Financial Reporting Analyst – DT – Must have public accounting
- JIB Accountant – Woodlands
- Senior Accounting Manager – Clearlake – CPA!
- Senior Accountant – Clearalake
- Spanish Speaking HR Admin
- Small CPA Firm – Tax, Audit and Bookkeepers needed!!!!
- Internal Audit Manager – low travel – NW Houston
- Senior Auditor – low travel – NW Houston
- Staff Auditor – no audit experience required!!!!! West Houston
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Identify, review and test key business controls to assist management in meeting objectives.
Develop audit objectives, assess adequacy of internal controls, conclude on effectiveness of internal controls, and draft written audit reports to senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to document significant concerns.
Ensure corporate activities are performed in accordance with management’s expectations, identify operating improvements and cost savings, and assist management in efforts to address challenges facing the Company.
May lead audit team to ensure audits are properly planned, executed and completed within established timelines; will be responsible for all elements of audit from administration and project management to monitoring and periodically reporting progress.
Senior auditors must quickly understand the business process under review and apply analytical and problem solving techniques to evaluate its effectiveness. Then using communication and influencing skills, convince management that corrective actions are necessary. They must do this while being minimally intrusive to the client’s day-to-day responsibilities.
The legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any U.S. employer.
A minimum of a B.S. degree in any of the following: Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Engineering
A minimum of 3 years previous audit experience; experience in process innovation may compensate for lack of prior audit experience.
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally on average 30% – 40% of the time
Understanding of Microsoft software such as: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and audit sampling software
Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or French
Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or Information Technology.
Professional certification in financial or information systems field, e.g., CPA, CIA, CMA, CISA
Six Sigma and/or Lean
Senior Auditor I
Director of Internal Audit
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Position requires ability to provide oversight, training and guidance to junior auditors, and directly assist management in the conduct regular and special purpose audits. Position will also require that the associate become a mentor up to three staff auditors. Position requires industry knowledge and the practice of auditing. Also requires excellent written and verbal communication skills for extensive report writing responsibilities.
This position requires approximately 15% travel.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelors degree in Accounting and CPA. Minimum three years working experience in Auditing. Public Accounting experience a plus. Certifications in other related specialties (CFE, CIA, CMA, CISA) highly desirable.
Management reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities set forth herein at any time.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Position requires the ability to drive to audit location during the day, and lift audit bag weight.
Candidates should be flexible and able to adapt to the audit approach to each assignment. Good sense of judgment, positive attitude and ability to deal effectively with auditees.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associates.