Senior Accountant in Financial Reporting
External Reporting (SEC):
• Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end external financial reports, including business section, risk factors, footnotes and MD&A for quarterly earnings releases, 10-Qs and 10-Ks.
• Participate in SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes, testing process controls, and making recommendations for improvements.
• Help improve formal processes to ensure that appropriate support is maintained for all disclosures in the Company’s SEC filings.
• Assist with compliance and implementation of all new standards and guidance promulgated by the SEC, FASB, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
• Work closely with external auditors as well as the internal audit department.
• Assist corporate finance in various capacities, including but not limited to, internal reporting duties.
• Help document accounting policies and assist in technical accounting research.
• Assist with implementation of new accounting standards.
• Assist with financial due diligence related to business combinations and purchase accounting.
• Help prepare pro forma financial statements as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to independently identify and resolve problems or take advantage of opportunities.
• Strong computer skills, including a demonstrated ability to use accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Bachelors/Masters Degree in Accounting.
• CPA required.
• Minimum 3 years of accounting experience including at least 1-2 years of public accounting (Big 4 Firm).
• SOX 404 experience preferred.
• Experience with GAAP accounting research and application.
• Excellent writing skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability