Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accounting general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Manage the general ledger recurring journal entries, accruals, prepays for monthly, quarterly and year end.
- Review, investigate and correct ledger errors, inconsistencies in ledger accounts and prepare supporting documentation.
- Account reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, including verification of data for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor general ledger balance sheet accounts, monthly perform balance sheet reconciliations, tie to movement in the income statement.
- Reconcile the inventory accounts, including the cost of goods sold, inventory counts and inventory adjustments.
- Ensure that all accounting deadlines are met and that Controller and Management are appraised of progress and known issues.
- Back up for payroll, accounts payable and others as defined
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Enter the budget in QuickBooks based on departmental information.
- Perform budget variance analysis by comparing budget versus actuals.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Review accounts payable and other projects for automation to improve accounting efficiencies.
- Develop, calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preference to degree, with 2 to 4+ years of experience
- Extensive Quickbooks experience required.
The Treasury Analyst is responsible for coordinating and monitoring all cash activities and facilitating investment decisions, as well as processing payments, etc. for entry in the general ledger. This position is also responsible for the preparation and distribution of reports for cash and treasury operations.
Why work here?
- The opportunity to enter the O&G industry at a pivotal time in the industry
- Rotational options after 2 years including FP&A, Corporate Accounting or other areas
- Great benefits including 401k match & bonuses
- Half-day Fridays
- Little Overtime
- Strong leadership at the management level
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (Audit/Accounting/Finance)
- Treasury experience preferred but not required
- “Rockstar” personality – Growth oriented
- Determine daily cash positions for the organization
- Provide analysis for daily cash position and short term investments; and accurately upload/ input wire transfers as needed
- Interface and communicate with outside banks, maintain bank account accuracy, and support bank restructurings
- Analyze bank fees and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Recommend improvements to policies and procedures as they relate to Treasury and Corporate Finance for cash management
- Ensure accuracy of daily payment file uploads and interface with AP and IT when errors occur
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university (in Accounting or Finance) required
- Masters or advanced degree (in Accounting or Finance) preferred
- CPA or CTP preferred
External Reporting Director | $2B Company |
Our client is a publicly-traded manufacturing company who is a leader in their specialty seeking a Financial Reporting Director. They are in growth/acquisition mode and there will be five individuals reporting up to this position.
Why work here?
- Company growth (internal & acquisition based)
- Flexible schedule
- Exposure to C-suite & Upper management
- Great medical benefits through Cigna
- Full benefits including safe-harbor 401K match of 4%
- Compliance with GAAP/SEC requirements
- Maintain and implement financial reporting/internal control requirements
- Review and approve earnings release date
- Prepare Audit Committee presentations
- Public Accounting experience (Big 4)
- Industry (direct) 10K & 10Q preparation
- 10+ years of experience
A shortlist of some of the jobs we are trying to fill! email@example.com
- Controller – 300M Private – West Houston
- Controller – 70M Private – North Houston
- Accountant / Bookkeeper – Construction – Galleria
- Spanish Speaking Payroll Specialist – Memorial City Mall area
- Crude Oil Accountant – West
- Fixed Asset Accountant – West
- Internal Financial Reporting Mgr. – E&P – Galleria
- Finance Manager – Pasadena – Modeling, Costing
- Controller – Public – 500M
- SEC Accounting Supervisor – West
- SEC Reporting Manager – Galleria
- Senior Financial Analyst – PE backed – Heights
- Accounting Supervisor – Contract 6 months – SW Houston
- Senior IT Auditor – NW Houston
- Senior Accounting Analyst – Sugar Land
- Senior Auditor – NW – 50% travel
- Senior Auditor – DT – 35% travel
- ONRR / Revenue Accountant – North Houston
- Nonprofit Director of Treasury – DT
- Financial Reporting Supervisor (need Big 4 Senior) – NW
- Internal Controls Manager – West
- Technical Accounting Manager – West
#jobs #hiringnow #accounting # finance
Who wouldn’t want to work for company that has been in business for almost 100 years! Talk about stability! This company also offers a laid back environment, a family culture and is number two in the nation!
• Posting, balancing, and reconciliation of the general ledger. Reviews entries to the ledger to assure accuracy.
• Performs bank reconciliation monthly. Verifies all deposits, withdrawals, and wire transfers. Addresses questions and problems from banking institutions.
• Performs account analysis and reconciliation, and sets up new accounts.
• Reconciles daily cash flow to monthly bank statements. Reviews daily cash bank reports and analyzes as required.
• Verifies, posts, and reconciles payroll.
• Assists General Accounting Manager with year-end audit.
• Maintains control over and distributes sales force incentive spreadsheets for all sales divisions.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 1 to 2 years of Reconciliations experience
- Advanced Excel