Metro Houston created 22,600 jobs in the month of April, according to data released on Friday by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). That’s the best April on record, with the records dating back to 1980.
For more details:
- Monitor activities of assigned IT controls to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures including monthly, quarterly and annual account and activity reviews
- Facilitate compliance with the internal control standards via regular monitoring of related activities
- Advise and consult for new company compliance, new technology deployments, SaaS/IaaS/ PaaS, MSP proposed deployments
- Work closely with the security team to address issues/concerns identified by them
- Conduct reviews and document results based on defined controls and standards
- Could review work products of junior team members and consultants to ensure that all review criteria are met and that the assessment are accurate
- Supervise multiple compliance reviews simultaneously with specific deadlines
- Prepare summaries of review results and communicate appropriately to management
- Manage the progress of remediation steps on identified control deficiencies
- Work with managers to ensure that deliverable schedules are met
- 4 year degree in MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting
- CISA, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP (One or more)
Required Professional Experience:
- 2 – 5 years in IT Compliance or IT Audit (minimum)
- Assist in managing the planning, designing, writing, and finalization of policies, control framework and procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring of overall adherence to the IT controls through regularly scheduled reviews of in-scope technical areas.
- Experience performing risk and compliance assessments and in-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, SOX, FISMA, NIST, ISO 2700X, COBIT, FFIEC, NERC CIP, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements that are usually based on NERC/CIP, ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST 800-53 etc.
- Performs assessments of Third Party services providers including cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS etc. for adherence to best practices or known frameworks like COBIT, ISO 27001/27002 etc.
- Review and provide guidance from compliance perspective across areas such as application controls, logical access controls for applications, operating systems and databases, backup and recovery procedures, change controls, pre and post deployment assessments, user administration, perimeter security, network/application architecture and selected configuration management controls on technical platforms such as VPNs, VMWare, Windows Server 20XX, AIX-UNIX , Linux and Cisco firewalls.
- Work with IT to close issues through oversight and review of remediation plans and accompanying evidence.
- Stays up-to-date on changes to technology, internal policy and standards, and relevant regulatory programs, and evaluates potential impacts on the risk and controls and suggests modifications to IT control framework.
- Assist in managing, training, coaching and developing junior staff and/or external consultants to ensure that timeline and deliverable requirements are met.
- Leads large and/or multiple projects with assigned resources.
- Engage with IT and/or Accounting control owners, including management, to review audit testing results and influence decisions.
- Work with the manager and other team members to identify opportunities for improvement or gaps in existing processes. Takes initiative to develop new approaches and tools.
- 4-year degree in MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting MS or MBA preferred
- CISA, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP, MCP, MCSE, CCNA at least 1 certification required or other applicable for the job certifications are desired
Required Professional Experience:
- 6-8 years in IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Security or IT related field
Oil & Gas – Fund Reporting Manager
- Complete monthly close entries related to DD&A, ARO, Mark to Market and various accruals
- Maintain ARO system and updates
- Calculate DD&A and Impairment
- Prepare internal quarterly and annual financial reports and footnotes for multiple entities
- Prepare and enter journal entries
- Account Reconciliations
- Prepare documentation and assist with annual audit, financial review and taxes (no tax preparation)
- Assist with internal control compliance
- Research new US GAAP requirements, make recommendations and implement as needed
- Write system reports
- Work with Fund Administrator (send data, review postings, verify calculations)
- Maintain Chart of Accounts
- Prepare bank compliance package
- Assist with onboarding new investors
- Special Projects
- Public Accounting Experience – 3+ years
- Oil and Gas Accounting Experience specifically related to financial reporting and monthly/quarterly close
- 5+ years
- Experience with Accounting Research
- Detail Oriented
- Works independently
- Good Excel Skills
Internal Management Reporting Manager
Our client is a private company with an estimated $1.5B in annual sales revenue. They are looking for an Internal Management Reporting Manager to manage a team of two.
- Review monthly financial statements/reports from international locations to assess compliance with US GAAP and prescribed formats
- Responsible for the analysis of variances in operating results of assigned international locations as performed by staff
- Responsible for the review of monthly reporting for assigned locations, including reconciliations and analysis.
- Act as primary corporate contact for assigned locations for routine reporting and ad-hoc assistance.
- Review intercompany reconciliations between various locations as well as elimination entries.
- Design and implement effective internal controls and procedures to safeguard the assets of the company and ensure the integrity of data.
- Ensure compliance and the reconciliation of assigned accounts.
- Provide assistance with the annual audit.
- Train and supervise staff
- Assist with and support the implementation of new AX Dynamics system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA designation or MBA is a plus.
- Big 4 or middle-market accounting firm experience preferred.
- Prior experience with consolidation of multiple entities. International experience a plus, particularly knowledge of foreign exchange accounting guidance.
- Prior experience with employee supervision delivering skill training, motivating others, giving feedback, coaching employees is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and other relevant financial reporting.
- Advanced MS Excel skills; Proficient in MSWord, Power point.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
The Corporate Communications Manager is a critical role which will work closely with the Leadership Team.
- Lead the development of company’s strategic communications plan and manage corporate communications, including internal, external and executive communications and public/media relations, to support company’s Enterprise Strategy This individual will have specific accountability for: Press releases, Investor Day Presentation/Materials, Website Integrity and Board of Director Meeting communications consistency.
- Work in close collaboration with a broad range of internal partners including Human Resources, Investor Relations, Community Relations, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and the Executive Leadership
- Manage enterprise-wide internal communications through all channels, including quarterly updates to employees, the internal website, and the annual leadership
- Partner with Investor Relations to support investor/financial media relations (i.e., press releases, scripts, slides) and investor meetings/events, as well as assisting in the preparation of the annual report (look/feel/messaging) and other associated investor communications. Convert to internal messages as needed.
- Develop a proactive, thoughtful approach to media and public relations consistent with positioning as a “Best in Class” company and aligned with its company’s culture and values so that company is favorably positioned within business and financial
- Manage, with support of internal content owners, the external company website, including its lead the development and execution of a social media strategy (for all audiences).
- Serve as trusted communications advisor to the CEO and other company executives. Prepare speeches and talking points as needed for external communication.
- Manage external communication resources and external public relations
- Manage Community Impact program communications (internally and externally).
- Work in collaboration with the Legal Department and others to prepare certain reports, quarterly, annually.
- Lead development and implementation of crisis response communication, if/as needed, from messaging through communication response and media coverage/management.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of corporate communications experience within multi-national public companies.
- Demonstrated skills in translating business strategies to comprehensive external and internal communication strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in the command of superior English language skills to construct, edit and enhance communications materials from/to various internal and external sources
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse stakeholders, anticipate impact of company actions on corporate reputation, and translate complex issues into clear, simple and consistent messages and Act as advisor on company reputation, values and culture.
- Direct experience addressing and persuading multiple stakeholders through various media, positioning messages according to the distinct needs of each constituency and ensure messages are accurate, polished and of a quality and tone consistent with the company’s leadership and culture. Effectively leverage social media.
- Experience building and leading internal communications and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal partners in a large, geographically dispersed
- Proven ability to significantly influence internal and external stakeholders using a thoughtful communication plan to align people or
- Functional communication skills in key areas such as public relations, speech writing, and community
- Brand management, channel management and crisis communication management
The primary focus of this position is to assist the tax department with the preparation and review of the tax provision calculations. Other duties will include providing support for the corporate tax returns, federal filings, federal and state audit support, and managing fixed assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide support regarding the consolidated financial statement impact and tax accounting by;
- Preparing quarterly and year-end provision calculations.
- Preparing estimated payment calculations including both federal and state.
- Providing/reviewing support for process improvements and other special projects.
Provide tax compliance support for the U.S. federal, states and foreign tax returns by;
- Preparing Federal form 1120 and related filing (including forms 5471, 8858, 1065 and 1118)
- Preparing various state returns.
- Analyzing the tax code, regulations, and law, review of accounts and documentation, as well as computation of tax liabilities, interest, and penalties.
- Coordinating various tax audits with the IRS.
Provide support regarding fixed assets by;
- Working closely with accounting to synchronize tax depreciation calculations and reports.
- Preparing monthly updates to the tax fixed asset system.
- Preparing monthly book/tax fixed asset reconciliation.
Supervising corporate tax associate.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or industry
- CPA certification is preferred but not essential
- Excellent organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with OneSource & BNA Fixed Assets is preferred
Summary of Position:
This detail-oriented position will assist with the Company’s closing and financial reporting processes including support of the Company’s SEC US GAAP, annual proxy, IFRS, statutory reporting and related audit and reporting requirements. The Financial Reporting Accountant will report directly to the Manager of External Financial Reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with month-end closing activities including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare schedules for SEC US GAAP, annual proxy, IFRS and statutory accounts
- Responsible for XBRL tagging
- Prepare management reports and variance analysis
- Assist with fixed asset accounting
- Prepare audit-related schedules
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Become a power user of the Company’s reporting tools to improve Financial Reporting team’s efficiency and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Special projects and analysis as required
Qualifications/ Skills & Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (exposure to SEC reporting required)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and able to multi-task
- Initiative and a self-starter
- Manage the activities of the accounting department to ensure that information is prepared accurately and in accordance with applicable GAAP and Company policies and documented procedures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of potential issues.
- Assists in the formulation of cost accounting systems and procedures to accurately reflect the operations and status of the Company and assist management in directing and controlling operations.
- Leads audit coordination with internal and external auditors for the division.
- Leads in the preparation of the month-end and year-end closing processes ensuring that the process is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial reports based on information finalized in month-end and year-end closing. Performs analytical and benchmarking procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews company financial statements for accuracy, and as required, seeks clarification from management of operational units on accounting data discrepancies.
- Ability to complete the tasks for each accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, project accounting, tax and treasury. Constantly monitors accounting group to ensure proper education and training and implements a plan for cross-training all departments.
- Day to day accounting tasks which include reviewing and approving reconciliations, journal entries, maintaining the chart of accounts, monitoring cash flow and continuous process improvement of all tasks.
- Oversee the accounting department
- Preparation of divisional budget annually.
- A B. S. Degree in Accounting is required with a minimum of 8 years experience in all Accounting functions with an emphasis in Construction Cost Accounting and Percentage of Completion revenue recognition on long-term fixed-price contracts.
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a construction or manufacturing environment is required.
- CPA required. SEC and Big 4 experience is preferred.
The Finance Leader is a key business partner to the Automation Business and is expected to develop and execute the strategy to grow a profitable business. This is a strategic role and the primary area of responsibility is to support the business and ensure the financial integrity of the company. The Finance Director is responsible for Financial Planning & Analysis and oversees Controls.
Director Financial Planning & Analysis Key Responsibilities
• Participates as part of the leadership team in the development of the corporation’s strategy. Creates Company’s extended financial plan
• Develops and designs strategic financial analysis projects
• Develops and manages the preparation of annual operating budgets and/or periodic financial reports; brings strategic insights to the leadership team based on analysis of budgets and financial reports
• Develops, designs and manages the implementation of forecasting models
• Develop and sustain entity level control
• Ensure the financial statements are substantial and supported by a robust internal control system and environment
• Identifies to management potential areas of opportunities and risk
• Conducts research and analysis on advanced issues
• Drives and contributes to the department’s continuous improvement culture
• Maintains confidentiality of all matters
• Compiles, reviews, analyzes, and records complex financial information
• Reviews and interprets balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. Identifies control weaknesses, communicates to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk
• Provides input into the modification and improvement of accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions
• Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture
• Maintains confidentiality of all matters
• Other duties as required
Director Financial Planning & Analysis Job Specific Skills/Essential Functions
• Ten or more years of relevant experience required. Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
• Strong business acumen and an in-depth understanding of the marketing and financial implications of new opportunities.
• Great team builder with proven track record for hiring, developing and promoting people into bigger roles.
• Experience working within a matrixed operating environment as well as in a strategic consulting or senior staff marketing role.
• Excellent broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers and executive functional and senior business line leaders.
• Experience managing in a matrixed and lean culture that continuously prioritizes growth as well as operational excellence.
• Exceptional leadership skills, energy and teaming capability; the ability to lead and motivate, share vision, inspire and rally colleagues.
Director Financial Planning & Analysis Education and Experience Requirements:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, persuade, and collaborate at the leadership level.
• Excellent math and analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, and Oracle or other ERP systems.
• Thorough knowledge of finance system operations and capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.