CFS has teamed up with a fast-growing company located in West Houston!
The company is currently looking for a qualified individual for a Senior Tax Analyst – International reporting directly to the Tax Manager. This position is a dynamic position that supports the International Tax group.
- Assist in preparation of US International compliance obligations (Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, as well as disclosure statements)
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax accruals
- Provide support for modeling and quantitative analysis projects
- Prepare and review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors to ensure they are accurately and timely filed
- Monitor international tax accounts – prepare monthly roll forwards for current/deferred tax expense, income taxes payable, and NOLs
- Provide support when considering uncertain tax positions and if necessary help document the company’s position
- Prepare tax basis balance sheets for international operations
- Provide internal control documentation required by Sarbanes-Oxley
- Assist with foreign tax audits, coordinating with local finance managers and local tax advisors,
- Connect with various business teams to understand tax technical issues and operations as well as build relationships
- Attend relevant tax technical training programs to stay current on ever-changing tax legislation.
- Maintain international tax compliance calendar and workplans
- Drive process improvements and facilitate streamlining and automation of recurring calculations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department in international tax
- Experience with international income tax compliance and reporting
- Knowledge of federal income taxation of international transactions
- ASC 740 accounting for income taxes knowledge and experience
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with CorpTax tax preparation software
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Hyperion
Why take a Financial / Treasury Analyst role with this company?
- Company is growing
- A key part of the corporate team
- Work & Live close to Houston
- Beautiful Office Space (work remotely until it is safe)
- Finance, Treasury & Procurement Responsibilities Combined
Perks of the Financial / Treasury Analyst role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with a 9% match
- Free parking
- 8 to 4 or 9 to 5 work schedule
What the Financial / Treasury Analyst will do…
- Monitor and process daily cash position and other cash management activities
- Assist with cash forecasting for multiple entities
- Upload payment files and processing wires
- Assist with P-card day-to-day activities
- Manage repetitive P-card payment subscriptions
- Monthly review of bank account analysis and bank fee reporting
- Collect, monitor, and ensure timely delivery of audits from multiple locations
- Monitor outstanding and past due insurance invoices for locations, to ensure timely payment and good standing with insurer
- Receive and catalog insurance checks check
- Request Certificate of Insurance
- Prepare monthly expense reporting for approval of online vendors
- Participates and assists in conference planning and preparation.
- Assist with events and training meetings, both in person and virtual, with a focus on developing strategic relationships and sharing resources
- Prepares proforma and ad hoc reporting as needed
- Assists in procurement assuring reasonable prices for goods and services needed and manages online presence at vendor websites
- Provides facility management for other office locations
- Establishes presence and builds connection with business units
What the company needs in a Financial / Treasury Analyst:
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Finance
- Provides knowledge and experience of broad range of business support and financial activities
- Develops healthy, positive relationships with internal customers.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2 plus years of experience
- Customer Service driven attitude
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Construction Project & AP Coordinator Opportunity:
- Family-owned organization that has continued to grow through three generations.
- Company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of the Construction Project & AP Coordinator role?
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact for all projects under construction!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Construction Project & AP Coordinator role:
- Maintains master vendor list verifying new vendors are properly authorized.
- Obtain sub-contractor COI’s and W-9’s insuring compliance with company requirements.
- Processes vendor invoices, credit card charges, and subcontractor bills in accounting software
- Follow up with Project Manager to make sure all change orders are entered
- Contact subcontractors for lien waivers as required and ensures proper lien releases are obtained from vendors before payment.
- Tracks subcontractor’s licenses and insurance to insure both remain current.
- Reconciles credit card statements and follows up with employees as needed.
- Reconciles open payables to vendor statements.
- Matches voucher portion of A/P checks with bills, obtain authorized signatures and files voucher portion in designated areas within the Accounting Department.
- Performs maintenance of accounting record files including annual rotation and archiving of old records.
Preferred Qualifications for the Construction Project & AP Coordinator:
- 2+ Years of Construction Accounting Experience
- Proficiency with Sage 300/Timberline preferred
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado (Stapleton)
- Excellent pay and benefits (401k, healthcare, and PTO)
- Construction, manufacturing and building services
- Top Denver- Area contractor
- #Top 200 Private Companies List
Brief Overview of the Role:
- Oversee job costing process and maintain revenue recognition according to GAAP.
- Mentor, coach, and supervise accounting team.
- Presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Oversee financial reporting and accounting functions of the various divisions.
- Establish, communicate, and adhere to a monthly closing schedule.
- Close within 10 business days.
- Maintain and improve the company’s internal control environment.
- Coordinate job-costing and accrual entries.
- Prepare property tax returns and sales and use tax returns.
What is expected of a Controller:
- Company Leader.
- Responsible for one or more programs/functions of such diversity and scope to be of critical importance to overall company objectives.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top-level employees and officers.
- Plays a role in company business strategy development and execution.
- Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive and related activities of the company.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing and guiding extensive programs and activities of importance.
- Manages autonomous individuals, managers and diverse groups giving broader direction.
- Masters or college/university graduate or equivalent combination of skills and experience generally required.
- MUST have construction experience
- MUST have CPA (inactive is fine)
- MUST have Viewpoint software
#controller #denver #jobcost #construction
Manage a team of 8. High volume environment.
Location: Memorial City
- Accounting Clerk – Accounts Receivable, Expense Reports, Report Preparation
- Accounts Receivable Coordinator Duties:
- Daily Invoicing
- Weekly invoice delivery and purchase order verification
- Billing and pricing questions – internal and external
- Monthly customer statements and invoice reviews
- Research and invoice inquiries
- Cash Receipt entry and postings
- Report Preparation
- Prepare various monthly accounting reports (Excel)
- Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable experience
- Volume data entry experience
- Excel skills – basic to intermediate
- Outlook skills
- Adobe PDF – basic document handling
- Well organized
- Efficient multitasker
Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a highly reputable Automotive Group to identify a CFO to implement the finance/accounting infrastructure and drive the strategic financial growth of the company.
- The Company: Highly reputable automotive group with 30+ years in the industry. They have multiple dealerships across the state of MA.
- The Growth: Fast-growing company expanding both through acquisition and organic growth.
- Opportunity: As the first professional finance hire, the CFO will be charged with standardizing the financial process, implementing company-wide policies and procedures, partnering with the banks, and building out the accounting/finance infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
- The Exposure: The CFO will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted adviser to the President and senior management team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the President, the CFO will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the company including: the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts, annual audit and submission of government and related tax returns; and financial planning.
- Implement financial and operational metrics and analytics to present to Executive Management.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Standardize accounting processes and procedures across all dealerships.
- Develop strong banking relationships and implement necessary changes to increase profitability or save money through these relationships.
- Identify deficiencies and further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the company.
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting
- Implement reliable forecasting tools (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet).
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- C.P.A., M.B.A. or master’s degree in finance is preferred, but not required
- Automotive industry experience required
- 15+ years of experience with 5+ years with a multi-location auto dealership in a VP or CFO capacity
- Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
- Strong banking experience
Perks of the Financial Analyst role:
- Annual bonus
- Strong medical benefit package
- 20 days of vacation
- 401-K with match
Why take a Financial Analyst role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units
- A key part of the finance team
- Ability to grow within the department and/or move to other areas of the organization
- The company has been in business for over 100 years!
What the Financial Analyst will do…
- Assist Managers in analyzing the company, departments, product lines to identify trends
- Develop pricing proposals in collaboration with Managers by analyzing historical cost, leverage, and matter information
- Develop monthly reporting and presentations
- Assist Managers in analyzing departmental performance versus goal
- Perform predictive scenario/sensitivity analysis and modeling to assess the impact of proposed initiatives
- Assist Pricing with the development and administration of pricing systems
- Monitor and compare financial and operational performance against internal and external benchmarks
- Compare financial and operational performance against internal and external benchmarks
- Research and analysis related to other assigned financial projects, including monitoring of trends in support of rate-setting and review process
- Report on the status of various department initiatives and metrics to the Chief Financial Officer and other key stakeholders
- Other projects and/or duties as assigned
What the company needs in a Financial Analyst:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or a business-related degree is required
- A minimum of three years’ experience related to financial analysis is strongly preferred;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be organized, analytical and detail-oriented
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and deliver quality work product in a deadline-driven environment; overtime is required during peak times
- Must be team-oriented, yet also able to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers and team members employing a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
Due to rapid growth, our client is seeking to add a Sr. Accountant to their team.
- Work with an amazing team of accounting professionals!
- 401(k) Plan – Matched 100% up to 8%
- Company subsidized PPO (85+ % for Employee AND Dependents + HSA Contribution), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability
- Reimbursement of all necessary and approved CPA Et Al and CPE expenses
- Free Covered Parking
This position will report to the Accounting Manager and perform the following duties:
- Accounting and reporting for a consolidated group of entities including intercompany accounting and eliminations.
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing duties including but not limited to:
- Prepare and post quarterly intercompany payoffs for several entities.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly reports for Board of Director meetings
- Assist in preparation of audited financials for the consolidated company including schedules and footnotes and provide requests for external audit.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting schedules for the annual budget.
- Update reports in Management Reporter with new companies and GL account as needed.
- BBA – Accounting, CPA preferred
- 4-7 years of accounting experience.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a growth-oriented firm dedicated to providing technology used to enhance production.
- This organization provides services to the world’s major, national, and independent oil companies.
Why work here:
- A progressive firm with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries located in major oil-producing provinces.
- This organization strives to make sure that it is a place where everyone’s perspective is valued.
- Work 3 days in the office and 2 days work from home!
Overview of the Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst role:
- Month-end close
- Balance Sheet Review and Reconciliations
- Process packages – Locations send them financial information in an Excel downloadable format and handle mapping in Oracle
- Work on True-Ups – Understand historical rates for foreign currency
- Accounting projects
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst:
- 5 -10 years of Senior Accountant experience
- Foreign currency
- MS Excel – Pivot Tables, Vlookups
- Strong attention to detail and organized
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and follow-through
Why work for this company?
- Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston.
- The company is well known for promoting within, so if you are looking to move up, this role may be just right for you!
- Competitive compensation package is provided to all employees
- Directs and supervises accounting staff to ensure adherence to GAAP, strong internal controls, and adherence with Company policies and procedures
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of monthly financial reports, including analyzing budget vs. actual results and reviewing them with management
- Prepares financial forecasts and coordinates with construction functional leaders to prepare and review
- Coordinates all internal and external audit requests
- Facilitates workflow between National Shared Services and Division operations
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & CPA
- Public Accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years Strong knowledge of GAAP Strong knowledge of cash flows, financial reports, and annual reports
- Supervisory experience ( leading or mentoring)
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS MANAGER: REMOTE
About My Client
My client is a leading global health and wellness lifestyle company. Our client utilizes innovative technology to deliver high quality products & service to their members. Continuous improvement is a lifestyle for this organization- offered up to their members and expected from their employees!
Perks Of The Financial Systems Manager
The company is in hyper growth mode and the financial systems team is on target to nearly double in size over the next year which allows you the ability to build your brand and your team. The Financial Systems Manager will have high visibility to the CFO, CEO, and President of the company. The culture of the team and the organization is centered around a common vision. This is a true team that values growth and mentoring.
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible working arrangements- in office, or 100% remote options
- Shiny new headquarters with fitness facilities on site!
- Fantastic benefits package- top notch health care package, maternity/paternity support, and fertility treatments to name a few!
- Education assistance including tuition reimbursement and further training in different areas you may with to hone your skills- both technically and personally/professionally.
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Catered team lunches every Friday with your team, as well as a full kitchen of snacks & beverages…. Yes, adult beverages too ?
- Fun team building company events
- Discounted products and services
- This organization has been recognized and named on several prestigious lists to include:
- Most innovative companies
- CNBC’s Disrupter 50
- Tech 25 & Fast50
- TIME’s Genius Companies
About The Financial Systems Manager
As the Financial Systems Manager, you will play a pivotal role as business liaison to the Accounting & Finance team. We are seeking a hands-on people leader with a passion for developing people as well as processes. The manager of Financial Systems will build out and lead a team responsible for building system solutions with emphasis in user experience, functionality, automation, resilience, performance and availability.
WHAT WILL THE FINANCIAL SYSTEMS MANAGER DO?
- Manage and grow the Finance Systems team which includes a group of Developers and QA Engineers supporting the organizations global integrated financial systems platform.
- Provide day-to-day management to guide the team throughout the software application development lifecycle to deliver flexible, innovative, cost-effective solutions while meeting business, compliance and security requirements.
- Work with software vendors and internal teams to deliver all initiatives ranging from large enterprise implementations to smaller features/enhancements.
- Identify opportunities, create, and implement processes to improve the effectiveness of the team and operational excellence.
- Effectively manage internal and external team collaboration and communication.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A FINANCIAL SYSTEMS MANAGER:
- 5+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years experience leading a team
- Background in Finance or IT
- Experience implementing SAP
- Experience designing and implementing Financial ERP systems with emphasis in Procure to Pay and Financial Accounting domain, utilizing SAP
- Passion for enterprise Accounting & Finance systems technologies and continuous innovation.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into easy to understand concepts and articulate technical solutions
- Experience working with stakeholders/partners at all levels, globally, across the organization.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management.
Our client is privately held, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and always in acquisition mode! They are in the consumer products industry and their sales are well over 3B annually. We are looking for a strong Accountant with great leadership skills and strong technical accounting background.
- Manage and maintain the monthly close process and monthly reporting.
- Review and approve journal entries and supporting documentation, as well as enter journal entries as needed.
- Review / perform corporate account reconciliations, making sure all are done timely and accurately.
- Manage the chart of accounts, overseeing the adding of accounts as needed.
- Working with the Company’s external and internal auditors to assist in year-end audit procedures.
- Assist with the monthly and annual corporate budgeting and forecasting.
- Maintaining up-to-date process documentation; recommending and implementing process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts.
- Two direct reports.
- Accounting Degree
- Public Accounting Audit experience preferred but not required
- 5 plus years of experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
- Great culture, amazing office space.
- Federal, State, and Foundation-funded!
- Offers a wide variety of programs throughout Houston
- Very fast-paced environment.
- Must enjoy working with program leaders and executive leadership.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Central location in Houston
- Manage a team of 40 (5 Managers)
OVERVIEW OF THE CONTROLLER ROLE:
This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, The Controller will direct and coordinate the activities and administration of the Accounting, Treasury, Grant Administration, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Compliance teams.
WHAT WILL THE CONTROLLER DO?
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities around payroll, treasury accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant administration and reporting, fixed assets, and general ledger accounting and develop metrics to report on these activities against benchmarks
- Actively participate in the preparation, analysis and review of both internal and external monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for program management, directors, executive and Finance and Administrative Committee
- Responsible for all accounting functions, grant compliance, and internal controls for the organization. The position is responsible for directing all aspects of the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Manage the annual external audit process for the agency, working directly with the external audit firm and internal business process owners as necessary to ensure a successful and positive audit cycle
- Lead a team of 40 to regularly prepare relevant management reports, including semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for each area of responsibility
- Lead and establish departmental strategies and goals that align with the agency’s strategic direction
- Lead tax reporting and compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws
- Participate as a subject matter expert on all agency wide contractual projects including new program initiatives.
- Serve as an effective senior leader by coaching, orienting, counseling, and developing an effective team
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising and assessing team and individual performance
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CONTROLLER:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration from an accredited college or university;
- 10 to 12 years of related experience in accounting or finance and a minimum of five years of supervisory experience (non-profit experience strongly preferred).
- CPA required