Musts: CPA & Public Accounting experience
- Lead the full cycle of month end accounting close.
- Internal management reporting
- Quarterly IFRS and Annual US GAAP reporting including related footnotes.
- Interact with all levels of the company
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Work with internal and external auditors, prepare necessary work papers for analytics and necessary other requests as well as being able to explain variances and/or balances.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley controls for the financial department and reporting
- Property tax valuations, reporting and coordination with property tax consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 8-12 years of accounting experience.
- Lead full cycle accounting close, including tax, treasury, A/R, A/P, inventory and Reporting in both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Work with auditors and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, v-looks, macros, etc…).
#jobs #houston #assistantcontroller
Our client is a $500MM publicly traded retailer with locations nation-wide. Over 500 locations in 48 states! And they have been in business for over 20 years!
- Opening: 1 Staff & 1 Senior Internal Auditor. T
Why work here?
- 10% travel nationally
- CPA/CPE support
- “Get your work done” environment where schedules can be flexible
- 50% discount on all products
- One of the few retailers in growth mode
- ½ day Fridays during Summer
- 40-45 hour weeks
- New-hires will be direct reports to the Director of Internal Audit
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for the co-development and performance of audits in support of the Company’s internal audit plan and supervision of staff on the internal audit team.
The Senior Internal Auditor will also assist management with the planning, testing, review, and reporting of the Company’s internal controls related to Sarbanes Oxley compliance, as well as performing substantive audit procedures in support of the external auditor’s year-end audit.
External Reporting Director | $2B Company |
Our client is a publicly-traded manufacturing company who is a leader in their specialty seeking a Financial Reporting Director. They are in growth/acquisition mode and there will be five individuals reporting up to this position.
Why work here?
- Company growth (internal & acquisition based)
- Flexible schedule
- Exposure to C-suite & Upper management
- Great medical benefits through Cigna
- Full benefits including safe-harbor 401K match of 4%
- Compliance with GAAP/SEC requirements
- Maintain and implement financial reporting/internal control requirements
- Review and approve earnings release date
- Prepare Audit Committee presentations
- Public Accounting experience (Big 4)
- Industry (direct) 10K & 10Q preparation
- 10+ years of experience
A shortlist of some of the jobs we are trying to fill! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Controller – 300M Private – West Houston
- Controller – 70M Private – North Houston
- Accountant / Bookkeeper – Construction – Galleria
- Spanish Speaking Payroll Specialist – Memorial City Mall area
- Crude Oil Accountant – West
- Fixed Asset Accountant – West
- Internal Financial Reporting Mgr. – E&P – Galleria
- Finance Manager – Pasadena – Modeling, Costing
- Controller – Public – 500M
- SEC Accounting Supervisor – West
- SEC Reporting Manager – Galleria
- Senior Financial Analyst – PE backed – Heights
- Accounting Supervisor – Contract 6 months – SW Houston
- Senior IT Auditor – NW Houston
- Senior Accounting Analyst – Sugar Land
- Senior Auditor – NW – 50% travel
- Senior Auditor – DT – 35% travel
- ONRR / Revenue Accountant – North Houston
- Nonprofit Director of Treasury – DT
- Financial Reporting Supervisor (need Big 4 Senior) – NW
- Internal Controls Manager – West
- Technical Accounting Manager – West
#jobs #hiringnow #accounting # finance
Senior Auditor – 30% travel – North Houston
Corporate Accounting Manager – Downtown (combo of public and industry)
Senior Auditor – 40% travel – Northwest Houston
Tax Manager – public accounting – 30 to 40 hour work week!
Non Profit Accounting Manager – Greeway Plaza area
IT Auditor – Greenway Plaza
AP Supervisor – West Houston
Do you have 2 to 3 years of experience in construction or job cost accounting? Are you looking for a growing company and ready to expand your skill set? Would you like to work on the Southeast side of Houston? Well then email me to find out more about the Construction Accountant role I am currently trying to fill!!!!
My email is email@example.com
- Accounting Degree
- Job Cost / Project Cost / WIP or POC experience
- 1 to 4 years of total Accounting experience
Mid size and fast growing healthcare related coming is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. If you love to have you hands in all aspects of accounting and love a fast paced environment this role is for you!
The Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports;
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses;
- Heavy Excel- pivot tables, v-lookups, if statements, formatting;
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Ability to work in and out of 10 different softwares to pull reports when needed.
- Assist with tax preparation- pulling reports, docs and liaison between CPA firm
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience (accounting operations and/or audit).
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required.
- Must have a degree in Accounting.
Our client is bringing their accounting in house. They are currently on QuickBooks. This is a VERY hands on role until the company starts taking off. They are expecting a huge amount of growth in the next 18 to 24 months. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reports, including Profit & Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Prepare scheduled and ad hoc financial reports and analyses for internal and external audiences.
- Financial Analysis & Monitoring. Develop and maintain tools for financial analysis. Keep CFO apprised of existing or developing financial and/or cash flow issues.
- Accounts Payable – Disbursements. Approve payments, prepare and input AP.
- Maintain & reconcile cash, balance sheet, and payroll-related accounts monthly and resolve any discrepancies.
- Responsible for the month-end and year-end G/L close process as well as maintenance of all accounting ledger.
- Accounts Receivable. Develop receivables policy to keep days receivables to a minimum. Manage preparation of all invoices/billings. Prepare complex billings/invoices. Review and approve invoices in general ledger. Oversee systematic implementation of receivables collection procedures.
- Cash Receipts. Manage all coding, deposits, data entry, and posting in GL.
- Develop annual operating and departmental budgets.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance while paying special attention to the major profit/loss centers in the company.
- Manage debt balances and ensure proper and timely payments as required, including accrued interest and capital lease accounts.
- Provide financial perspective and analysis on business decisions including profitability, cost analysis, and cost savings initiatives.
- Serve as primary liaison for external CPA firm relationship including all financial, tax and consulting matters.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that the company would pass independent audits.
- Accounting Degree
- 10 to 12 years of accounting experience
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and Systems Implementations a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to work both strategically to develop and manage integration plans as well as tactically to develop routine reports to support business operations
- Experience with professional services billing procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with SOC 1 and SOC 2 preferred
Are you a Tax professional looking to join a dynamic corporate tax team? Our client, a reputable and rapidly growing organization, is looking to add a strong Tax Analyst to join their team. Do you enjoy problem solving and being an integral part of a growing team? If yes, then this is the position for you!
Why take a Tax Analyst role with this company?
• Exposure to a growing, multi-billion dollar global Fortune 500 company
• Key part of the corporate tax team
• Opportunity to work with a high-performance team
• Ability to grow within the tax/accounting department and/or move to other area of the organization (financial reporting, business analysis, etc)
What the Tax Analyst will do:
• Assist in the state tax provision process
• Prepare state tax payable/receivable reconciliations
• Prepare state tax returns, estimated tax payment and extensions
• Track state tax attributes including state NOLs and valuation allowance
What the company needs in a Tax Analyst:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 1-2 years of public accounting (Big 4 preferred) or corporate tax experience
• CPA Eligible or CPA Certified required
Perks of the Tax Analyst role:
• Competitive base salary up to $80K
• Strong benefits package
• 401-K with match
Must have public accounting and recent SEC experience. Must be CPA.
•Manages period, quarter, and year-end close process
•Directs the timely & accurate preparation of all financial statements including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow reports for month end and year end process
• Ensures proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Analyzes period financial statements and provides commentary for management reporting
• Establishes accounting classifications of all expenditures
• Develops accounting policies and procedures to be used by corporate and field locations
• Administers treasury function of the company, including account maintenance, transfers, and credit cards
• Oversees accounts payable processes
• Manages requirements under debt agreements, including funding, repayment, and interest settlements
• Arranges for and acts as primary contact with organization’s independent auditors on accounting matters
• Prepared audit materials to facilitate internal and external audits
• Researches transactions to ensure compliance with applicable technical accounting guidance
• Maintains internal control environment to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
• Assists in preparation of all SEC regulatory filings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance, with CPA required
• A minimum of three to five years of prior controller experience in a public company, preferred
• Three to five years public accounting experience
• SOX reporting experience
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post entries to general ledger accounts and to document business transactions.
• Perform and review general ledger functions to assist with monthly accounting activity and closings.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts to general ledger, and may review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare and review bank reconciliations and may perform other banking activities, such as letters of credit or collateral for specified accounts.
• Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items.
• Analyze and document revenue and expenditure trends and variances in account balances between periods and against budget.
• Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, budgets and footnote schedules.
• May assist with preparation and review of quarterly and annual SEC filings, as appropriate.
• Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, etc.
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
• CPA designation or progress towards CPA designation preferred
• Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance
• Solid understanding of GAAP a
Happy New Year!!!!
- Staff Accountant – Healthcare – Public Accounting exp preferred
- Internal Controls Manager
- Financial Analyst – Staff to 55K
- AR Specialist to 55K – excel needed
- Senior Staff Accountant – SW
- Senior Tax Accountant – Federal, State & International!!!!
- Investment Accountant
- Tax Manager – Part time – public accounting
- Entry Level Tax Accountant – public accounting
- Bilingual Collections Manager
- Senior Accountant – public accounting exp preferred
- Junior Accountant – one to two years public accounting preferred
- Staff Auditor – heavy domestic travel
- Inventory Accounting Senior Manager
- Operations Controller – SE Houston
- FP&A Senior Manager – SE Houston
- Manufacturing Controller – Woodlands
- Senior Auditor – Woodlands
- Bilingual Senior Auditor
- Senior Accountant – must speak Chinese
- SEC Reporting Manager
- Senior IT Auditor
- Sales & Use Tax Analyst
Still looking for a Senior Financial Analyst for Salt Lake City, UTAH!!!!
Industry News and Updates:
Let me just jump right in and address the question that is going through everyone’s mind: What is going on in the Houston job market? I get this one daily and I must admit it is not an easy question to answer. I would like to share some data that I learned about at a recent forum (Bauer College of Business – Institute for Regional Forecasting) I attended and then share my thoughts at the end. The title of the Forum was: Houston’s Job Growth Stumbles As Oil Markets Swoon: Where Now? That doesn’t really set the tone for a positive outlook, does it? Here are some of the highlights:
- It’s all about oil! Price is down by 50%. Eventually this trickles down and impacts all sectors; even retail! BUT construction, education, healthcare, and home building are still doing well.
- In 2015, we virtually had 0% employment growth in Houston.
- This is NOT 1982! But we do have a supply / demand issue and that is what is pushing the price of oil down.
- The greatest oil boom is over for now.
- The professional and business services sector have not been impacted yet.
- One operating rig actually creates 227 jobs (direct and indirect)!!!!!!!
- Houston is undergoing a mild recession. Best case scenario we come out in mid-2016, but it looks like 2017 is more likely. Worst case scenario this drags out until 2018.
That is what I learned and here is MY opinion… I think there are many sectors in Houston that will be hiring. Our office is seeing demand in a lot of different industries and at a variety of levels. Is this the summer of 2014? No, and it will not be for a while. The Houston economy goes through business cycles just like everyone else. While most of the US was still in the midst of the Great Recession, Houston was booming. Well, it’s not a BUST for Houston for now, but we will be hurting a little bit in the near future. Companies are going to try and get by with less overhead. They are going to consolidate positions and they are going to have to lay off, unfortunately. The good news for you is that you are an accountant! There is always a need for accountants!!!!! Also, Houston is still at a 4.8% unemployment rate (September 4.4, October 4.6). We are still at full employment and there are plenty of people nearing retirement age. The jobs are still out there, however, they are not as easy to find and you may have to be a little bit more flexible with what you are looking for. So, my verdict? I am cautiously optimistic about 2016, but I am really looking forward to 2017!!!!!!
See you again in February 2016!
- National / Houston Unemployment rate: 4.8/4.8
- Price of Oil:$38ish (last year $75)
- Oil Rig Count:760 (last year 1925)
- Industries hiring: Manufacturing, Construction, Consumer Products related companies, Real Estate, Public Accounting Firms!!!!
- Positions in demand: Tax, Auditors, Financial Analysts, Staff and Senior Accountants
- Manager of Statutory Reporting – International
- Public Accounting: Tax and Audit – All levels!
- Accounting Supervisor – NW Houston – Lead ready to take on form supervisor title!
- AR Specialist – 50 to 55K West – non degreed role!
- Accounting Analyst – Conroe
- FP&A Manager – SE Houston – MBA A MUST
- Division Assistant Controller – West – Must have 2 to 4 year of Public Accounting!
- Accounting Supervisor – NW Houston
- Inventory and Operations Accounting Director – West
- Senior Financial Analyst – Salt Lake City, UTAH – right hand person to VP/GM
- Tax Accountant – West
- International Tax Accountant – North
- Financial Analyst – CPA who wants to do finance!
- Bilingual Auditor!!!!!
- Senior Auditor for Public Accounting
- Tax Supervisor – CPA Firm – are you a senior ready for the next step?
- Financial Analyst – Modeling experience – Senior Role
- Division Assistant Controller – 3 years of public accounting
- Senior Accountant – 3 years GL experience – Galleria
- Division Controller – regional role…work with several locations and report to CFO of Americas…heavy operations focused
- Sales & Use Tax Analyst
- Associate Manager / Manager – Professional Services Firm – Consulting on high profile projects – full time role – need at least 2.5 year of public accounting and maybe a splash of industry to qualify! This is for those who want to build a resume that will get them to the next level quickly!
- ONRR Manager – want to work for one of Houston’s best?
- Sales & Use Tax Accountant – huge global company!
- Credit & Collections Manager – Spanish!!!!!
- Audit Senior – low travel
- Senior IT Auditor – 2 openings!!!!!
- Financial Analyst – SALT LAKE CITY – who wants to move to UTAH?
San Antonio Searches:
Diane Delgado LeMaire
Senior Managing Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager
713.490.6003 | email@example.com
Real Estate Accountant:
- Monthly close – Perform monthly close of the Company’s real estate entities, including calculating and posting gains on sale of real estate.
- Financial Modeling & Analysis – Prepare financial models or analyses as needed.
- Vendor invoices – Provide coding for vendor invoices related to real estate projects or land/easement sales.
- Partner and Bank Reports – Prepare partner and bank reports as needed.
- Management Reporter Quarterly Reporting – Prepare quarterly internal financial reports for the Company’s real estate entities.
- Land/Easement Sales – Assist with items needed for closing of land or easement sales
- Ad-valorem tax payments – Manage ad-valorem tax master list and ensure prompt payment of all ad-valorem tax invoices.
- Annual audits – Assist with annual audits.
Compensation and benefits:
- Base Salary
- Bonus: 7.5% of Base Salary paid annually
- 401(k) Plan – Matched 100% up to 8%
- Company subsidized PPO, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability)
- Free Covered Parking OR Fully Subsidized Transit
- CPA/CPA Candidate with Real Estate Accounting Experience
- 4 plus years of Audit and / or GL experience