Musts: CPA & Public Accounting experience
- Lead the full cycle of month end accounting close.
- Internal management reporting
- Quarterly IFRS and Annual US GAAP reporting including related footnotes.
- Interact with all levels of the company
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Work with internal and external auditors, prepare necessary work papers for analytics and necessary other requests as well as being able to explain variances and/or balances.
- Assist with Sarbanes Oxley controls for the financial department and reporting
- Property tax valuations, reporting and coordination with property tax consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 8-12 years of accounting experience.
- Lead full cycle accounting close, including tax, treasury, A/R, A/P, inventory and Reporting in both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Work with auditors and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, v-looks, macros, etc…).
#jobs #houston #assistantcontroller
Looking for Senior Accountants with International Accounting and Consolidations experience.
Managing financial accounting and reporting activities for the Company’s holding companies
Perform reconciliations between Statutory books and US GAAP books on a quarterly basis
Ensure statutory report and taxes are submitted timely
Provide support to International Business Units on matters of accounting and tax policy and practice, internal controls, as well as the implementation of financial accounting systems
Provides support and assists with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for operations across our International business units
Assist in resolution of any accounting and internal control issues related to International accounting operations
Improve timeliness and accuracy of financial closing and reporting for International companies
Review financial activity and transactions associated with International joint ventures to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
Work with the treasury, legal and accounting functions on reorganizations, acquisitions, divestitures, and tax planning implementation and documentation, as needed
Participate in process improvement projects that result in greater efficiency
A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a financial-management role at the corporate level of a mid to large sized publicly held company
Solid understanding of GAAP and IFRS standards
In depth understanding of both US and international accounting and tax principles
Knowledge and experience with foreign currencies
Experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy industry desirable
Experience working in a decentralized organization
Public Accounting experience and international accounting experience highly preferred
Facilitate and coordinate multiple deadlines and respond quickly to management requests
Must be able to travel 10% internationally
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field is required. MBA is preferred
CPA Certification is Required