Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing rapidly
- Private Equity-backed
- Work hand in hand with the Controller who loves to train & mentor!
- Work with an amazing team!
- Work-life balance…truly!
Perks of the Senior Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek
- 65 to 75
What the Senior Accountant will do…
- Maintains general ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliation including cash and inventory.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close including, payroll, inventory fulfillments, prepaid, fixed asset, vendor accruals, sales tax reconciliation, corporate purchasing cards, sales tax, cash, and bad debt reserve analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements.
- Completes balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis, including inventory monthly.
- Assists in state sales tax compliance and regulations.
- Coordinates and resolves various issues with the bank.
- Assists with special projects assigned by management. New systems implementations.
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- 2 plus years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel,
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas services company with over 3000 employees worldwide. They are growing through acquisition and organic growth. At this time they need to add a Division Senior Accountant to their team.
• Work directly with the Accounting Manager in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
Month-end financial reporting
Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
o General Journal entries on multiple general ledgers
o General Ledger account reconciliations
o Intercompany invoices
o Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
o Bank reconciliations
o Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
o Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
o Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
• Assist in maintaining accounting controls
• Assist with intercompany invoicing
• Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Advanced skills required in MS Excel and Word.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels the organization.
• US Federal (1120S), Texas Business and Texas Sales tax compliance.
• Domestic, international, and consolidated compliance as well as managerial based financial reporting and analysis
• Design, implementation, and management of various corporate initiatives including system enhancements, process automation, and internal controls
• Development and deployment of various managerial and departmental reports
• Year-end reporting, planning, and valuation processes
• Third party compliance reporting and domestic and international independent audits
• Completion of general periodic departmental requirements
• Perform related duties as required
BBA-Accounting degree required
GPA of 3.0 or higher required
Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) required
Public accounting experience preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintaining journals and ledgers for specific entities
Preparing monthly journal entries
Departmental expenses analysis and forecasting
Developing resolutions to complex problems that require frequent use of creativity
Use Blackline account reconciliation tool
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
Master’s degree and CPA are preferred
6 years professional experience in Accounting is required
Experience with Oracle Accounting Systems and Hyperion is preferred
Big 4 experience is preferred.
Strong excel skills are required.
Candidate must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Minimal travel within Latin American is required
Our client, a 500 million dollar Oil Field Services company, is currently looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. This person would be slated for the Accounting Manger role within a year!!! The company’s goal is to reach annual revenues of 1 Billion!
- Help lead staff of 5.
- Ownership of GL and Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Assist with coordinating Audit.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory system.
- DSO and Cash Flow forecasting.
- Ad Hoc Projects as assigned.
- Assist in developing internal controls and improving processes & procedures.
- Degree in Accounting
- 3 to 6 years of Accounting experience
- Hyperion, HFM, Great Plains expereince a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Managing Director, Accounting & Finance Recruiting | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 | 713-260-5238 | email@example.com | http://cfstaffing.blogspot.com /| www.dianedelgadolemaire.wordpress.com| www.twitter.com/CPARecruiterHOU| www.linkedin.com/in/dianedelgadolemaire