Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas services company with over 3000 employees worldwide. They are growing through acquisition and organic growth. At this time they need to add a Division Senior Accountant to their team.
• Work directly with the Accounting Manager in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
Month-end financial reporting
Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
o General Journal entries on multiple general ledgers
o General Ledger account reconciliations
o Intercompany invoices
o Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
o Bank reconciliations
o Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
o Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
o Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
• Assist in maintaining accounting controls
• Assist with intercompany invoicing
• Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Advanced skills required in MS Excel and Word.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels the organization.
• US Federal (1120S), Texas Business and Texas Sales tax compliance.
• Domestic, international, and consolidated compliance as well as managerial based financial reporting and analysis
• Design, implementation, and management of various corporate initiatives including system enhancements, process automation, and internal controls
• Development and deployment of various managerial and departmental reports
• Year-end reporting, planning, and valuation processes
• Third party compliance reporting and domestic and international independent audits
• Completion of general periodic departmental requirements
• Perform related duties as required
BBA-Accounting degree required
GPA of 3.0 or higher required
Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) required
Public accounting experience preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maintaining journals and ledgers for specific entities
Preparing monthly journal entries
Departmental expenses analysis and forecasting
Developing resolutions to complex problems that require frequent use of creativity
Use Blackline account reconciliation tool
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
Master’s degree and CPA are preferred
6 years professional experience in Accounting is required
Experience with Oracle Accounting Systems and Hyperion is preferred
Big 4 experience is preferred.
Strong excel skills are required.
Candidate must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Minimal travel within Latin American is required
Our client, a 500 million dollar Oil Field Services company, is currently looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team. This person would be slated for the Accounting Manger role within a year!!! The company’s goal is to reach annual revenues of 1 Billion!
- Help lead staff of 5.
- Ownership of GL and Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Assist with coordinating Audit.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Inventory system.
- DSO and Cash Flow forecasting.
- Ad Hoc Projects as assigned.
- Assist in developing internal controls and improving processes & procedures.
- Degree in Accounting
- 3 to 6 years of Accounting experience
- Hyperion, HFM, Great Plains expereince a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Managing Director, Accounting & Finance Recruiting | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 | 713-260-5238 | firstname.lastname@example.org | http://cfstaffing.blogspot.com /| www.dianedelgadolemaire.wordpress.com| www.twitter.com/CPARecruiterHOU| www.linkedin.com/in/dianedelgadolemaire