Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accounting general ledger and account reconciliations.
- Manage the general ledger recurring journal entries, accruals, prepays for monthly, quarterly and year end.
- Review, investigate and correct ledger errors, inconsistencies in ledger accounts and prepare supporting documentation.
- Account reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, including verification of data for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor general ledger balance sheet accounts, monthly perform balance sheet reconciliations, tie to movement in the income statement.
- Reconcile the inventory accounts, including the cost of goods sold, inventory counts and inventory adjustments.
- Ensure that all accounting deadlines are met and that Controller and Management are appraised of progress and known issues.
- Back up for payroll, accounts payable and others as defined
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Enter the budget in QuickBooks based on departmental information.
- Perform budget variance analysis by comparing budget versus actuals.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Review accounts payable and other projects for automation to improve accounting efficiencies.
- Develop, calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preference to degree, with 2 to 4+ years of experience
- Extensive Quickbooks experience required.