Our client is growing and adding a Staff Accountant to their team. I am looking for a degreed Accountant (Accounting or Finance) with 1 to 4 years of experience.
Some of the duties will include:
• Prepare journal entries, detailed reports and account reconciliations
• Reconciles all bank accounts
• Administers expense report program
• Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules
• Assists in year-end inventory counts
• Ensure proper recording and retention of all documentation for fixed asset additions and disposals
• Prepare and analyze various account reconciliations
• Record all assigned monthly journal entries in a timely and accurate manner
• Prepare monthly sales tax forms and ensure proper payments are sent before the due date for US & Canada
• Obtain information and documentation for various company audits and tax returns
• Assist in month end closing and the financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
• Assist controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
• Performs internal control testing and documentation
Our client is growing by acquisition and organic growth. They are adding an Inventory Accountant to their team. This company offers an opportunity to be involved in a lot of areas of accounting and special projects. There are many cross training and process improvement opportunities.
Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas services company with over 3000 employees worldwide. They are growing through acquisition and organic growth. At this time they need to add a Division Senior Accountant to their team.
• Work directly with the Accounting Manager in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
Month-end financial reporting
Assist in month-end closing procedures including:
o General Journal entries on multiple general ledgers
o General Ledger account reconciliations
o Intercompany invoices
o Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation
o Bank reconciliations
o Account roll-forwards and sub-ledger reconciliations
o Assistance in other aspects of closing of the books and records in accordance with US GAAP
o Maintain compliance of internal SOX controls
• Assist in maintaining accounting controls
• Assist with intercompany invoicing
• Required Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Advanced skills required in MS Excel and Word.
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills to gather information from and work with multiple levels the organization.
We are working with a highly respected services company in Houston, Texas. In addition to clients in Houston, our client serves customers all over the great state of Texas. Their company was founded in 1936 and has been built on great customer service, responsiveness, and lots of hard work. This company offers an outstanding opportunity to learn and advance. Our client is looking to hire Staff Accountant who is a driven, eager to learn and has the motivation to move to a higher level within the company.
Job Description: • Reconcile bank statements and General Ledger accounts • Prepare financial statements • Analyze budget-to-actual and year-over-year variances on the P&L statement • Review monthly financials with dept heads • Put together weekly performance reports • Fixed assets • File Sales and Use tax reports
Qualifications: • Accounting Degree • 2 plus years of general accounting experience • Team player • Excel and Access experience
Benefits: • Salary plus bonus • 100% of Individual Healthcare Paid by company • Vision, Dental Insurance • 401K match
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Area Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 | 713-490-6003 | email@example.com|