This newly created position will be responsible for developing and maintaining process and internal controls around the financial inventory function.
Essential Functions/ Key Results Areas:
- Work with Operations to develop and maintain a cycle count process. Reconcile and investigate variances between counts and Infor, and propose possible solutions.
- Support Operations, Quality, Services and other internal clients to ensure accurate DEA product recording and reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating the year end physical inventory with Operations.
- Partner with Operations in inventory related improvements that will result in increased production and efficiency as the company expands.
- Utilize expertise in ERP inventory transaction flows to partner with Operations in developing and maintaining process mappings; use subject expertise to determine possible inefficiencies within Infor to create cost and/or time savings.
- Develop reporting tools and internal controls with the Cost Controller to ensure the accuracy of the inventory valuation and monthly Cost of Goods Sold calculations.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure all payments for inventory have been properly ordered and received.
- Support internal and external financial audit activities.
- Perform month-end close activities including reconciling of inventory and related liabilities.
- Perform other duties, as needed, for the Financial Operations Controller, Chief Development Officer and the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- 5-7 years of experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- Experience with ERP systems required;
(70-82K) + 5-10% discretionary bonus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Assistant Controller shall have the following primary responsibilities:
•Ensure accurate coding and GAAP compliant transactions in the general ledger;
•Ensure and maintain proper supporting documentation for each journal;
•Ensure the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and month-end closing activities, including journal entries, adjustments, accruals and reconciliations;
•Consolidate monthly financial results;
•Complete and distribute on-time monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
•Prepare and maintain supporting schedules regarding various financial activities;
•Assist in financial performance analysis, financial statement reconciliations and inter-company eliminations;
•Verify and account for assets and liabilities and prepare collateral documentation;
•Develops and document processes and assist with projects to improve performance and efficiencies;
•Acting as chief liaison with business unit controller regarding the application and usage of the system;
•Maintaining the overall integrity of the system database, including developing and enforcing procedures to ensure users regularly enter data and adhere to protocol;
•Updating system databases to account for routine accounting activities and extraordinary financial transactions (e.g., acquisitions and securities transactions); and
•Preparing and distributing standard financial dashboard and other reports and developing other analyses to summarize and evaluate data and trends.
The position requires the following background and skills:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
•6 + years of accounting supervision and accounting systems experience in a multi-location manufacturing enterprise
•Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing process and how they impact costs and expenses
The corporate accounting manager will effectively manage all general accounting activities for multiple corporate controlled entities under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the month-end close process and supervising the corporate accounting staff to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis. The position will report to the Assistant Controller and be called on to interact with executive management as needed.
- Maintain policies, procedures and internal controls required to ensure financial statements of corporate companies are prepared timely and in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain procedures to ensure expenditures made by corporate departments are identified and properly accrued each month
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Complete monthly variance analysis of financial statements for all corporate companies
- Complete monthly departmental analysis reports comparing actual to budget and prior year actuals
- Supervise month-end close and financial statement preparation process
- Supervision of accounts payable
- Evaluate processes and procedures for improvement and develop recommendations for improvements
- Ensure timely reconciliations to supporting ledgers or documentation of all GL account balances
- Ensure all bank account balances are properly reconciled on a monthly basis
- Ensure information required for entries to be made by subsidiaries is accurate and is provided timely
- Identify profit improvement or cost reduction opportunities at corporate
- Respond to inquiries made by independent auditors and or Business Compliance department
- Provide team assessments to executive management
- Develop relationships with all corporate departments and be responsive to their needs
- Supervise and review reconciliations for multiple subsidiary accounts to ensure accurate reporting of consolidated financials
- Manage annual budgeting process for corporate departments and corporate companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 5+ years experience, including audit, supervisory and management experience
- Strong understanding & ability to interpret and apply GAAP
- Hyperion experience a plus
- Public company experience a plus
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain productive working relationships with other employees outside of the department
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Consolidation experience a plus
- Strong skills in use of complex Excel spreadsheets
Diane Delgado LeMaire| Area Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 | 713-490-6003 | email@example.com|
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and the complete job description.
Our client is growing and looking to add two Accounting Managers to their team. No oil & gas experience necessary. We are looking for Accounting Managers with heavy corporate accounting and/ or SEC reporting experience. Some of the responsibilities will include: preparing statements of cash flow in multi-company environment and create and communicating the monthly, quarterly and annual close calendar. They will also monitor and drive the close process of subsidiary entities and sub-ledgers to meet calendar close requirements and prepare those entries necessary for the consolidation, which may include consolidating elimination entries, entries to record noncontrollling interests and journals required for complex transactions. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 10years experience in general ledger, consolidations and/or financial reporting roles. and extensive knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Futuremore experience with M&A, debt offerings and consolidations tools preferred. CPA is not neccessary.
Diane Delgado LeMaire|Senior Managing Director, Accounting & Finance Recruiting | Creative Financial Staffing, a division of Fitts, Roberts CPA Firm | 5718 Westheimer Suite 800 | Houston, TX 77057 |713-490-6003 | email@example.com