Why take a Senior Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing rapidly
- Private Equity-backed
- Work hand in hand with the Controller who loves to train & mentor!
- Work with an amazing team!
- Work-life balance…truly!
Perks of the Senior Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 40-hour workweek
- 65 to 75
What the Senior Accountant will do…
- Maintains general ledger accounting, balance sheet reconciliation including cash and inventory.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close including, payroll, inventory fulfillments, prepaid, fixed asset, vendor accruals, sales tax reconciliation, corporate purchasing cards, sales tax, cash, and bad debt reserve analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements.
- Completes balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis, including inventory monthly.
- Assists in state sales tax compliance and regulations.
- Coordinates and resolves various issues with the bank.
- Assists with special projects assigned by management. New systems implementations.
What the company needs in a Senior Accountant:
- 2 plus years of progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel,
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.