This newly created position will be responsible for developing and maintaining process and internal controls around the financial inventory function.
Essential Functions/ Key Results Areas:
- Work with Operations to develop and maintain a cycle count process. Reconcile and investigate variances between counts and Infor, and propose possible solutions.
- Support Operations, Quality, Services and other internal clients to ensure accurate DEA product recording and reporting.
- Responsible for coordinating the year end physical inventory with Operations.
- Partner with Operations in inventory related improvements that will result in increased production and efficiency as the company expands.
- Utilize expertise in ERP inventory transaction flows to partner with Operations in developing and maintaining process mappings; use subject expertise to determine possible inefficiencies within Infor to create cost and/or time savings.
- Develop reporting tools and internal controls with the Cost Controller to ensure the accuracy of the inventory valuation and monthly Cost of Goods Sold calculations.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure all payments for inventory have been properly ordered and received.
- Support internal and external financial audit activities.
- Perform month-end close activities including reconciling of inventory and related liabilities.
- Perform other duties, as needed, for the Financial Operations Controller, Chief Development Officer and the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant discipline
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- 5-7 years of experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant
- Experience with ERP systems required;
(70-82K) + 5-10% discretionary bonus