- Senior Financial Accountant – Energy Corridor
- Senior Treasury Analyst – DT
- Internal Auditor – Woodlands
- Staff Accountant – Pearland
- Internal Audit Manager – Galleria
- Senior Cost Analyst – Pearland
- Assistant Controller – Energy Corridor
- Consulting Company Senior Associate to Senior Manager (Transaction Advisory & Financial Assurance)
- Financial Analyst – Woodlands
- Tax Senior – Greenway Plaza
- Revenue Accounting Manager – DT
- Senior IT Auditor – Galleria
- Senior IT Auditor – Cypress
- Internal Controls Manager – Galleria
- Director FP&A – Galleria
- Internal Financial Reporting Manager – Galleria
- Bookkeeper – Law Firm
- Accounting Analyst II – NW Houston
- Senior Accountant – Greenspoint
- Audit Partner – CPA Firm
- Controller – Financial Services – Westchase
- Tax Analyst – Woodlands
- SEC Reporting Supervisor – O&G – Woodlands
- Nonprofit Staff Accountant – Memorial Park Area
- Nonprofit Staff Accountant- Montrose Area
- Senior GL Accountant – Private Equity / Investment Company – Greenway Plaza
- Accounting Manager – Small Company – Sugar Land
- Controller – Small Company – Sugar Land
- Controller – Private Equity – Sugar Land – 150K
- Senior Internal Auditor – 30% travel – Galleria
- Tax Managers (Public Accounting – multiple firms)
- TRUE Rotational Internal Audit Program – Fortune 100! – Galleria
- Staff Auditor – CPA Firm – NW Houston – Great work-life balance
- Staff Internal Audit – Woodlands – Rotational!!!!
- Senior Auditor – Public Accounting 9/80’s – GREAT work life balance – less than 20% travel!
- Junior Financial Analyst – E&P – Woodlands(Investment Banking or PE exp required)
- SEC Reporting Manager – Clearlake
Why work for this company:
- 4.5-day work-week. 9-hour M-Thursday, half days on Friday.
- 3 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 10 holidays. Relatively flexible work-schedule.
- AWESOME benefits: $50 for health insurance (out of pocket for employee + family!), dental covered 100% by the company
- Lots of visibility in this role.
- Assist in close processes including reporting financial data from general ledger system into consolidation system, analyzing financial results and explain variances from budgets, reconciling mapping and financial flows and coordinating with the accounting team to proactively resolve issues.
- Assist/prepare reporting packages in the consolidation system, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow.
- Assist in the preparation of IFRS and statutory financial statements and various reports for internal and external parties.
- Assist, lead and work cross-functionally to achieve project planning and forecasting deliverables.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of the annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 4-10 years’ experience as an accountant
- Public Accounting
- Good and deep knowledge of international accounting requirements.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience with business consolidation tools. SAP BPC preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in consolidation, internal reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
CFS has teamed up with a non-for-profit who focuses on the conservation of marine resources. They are a company who provides a family-oriented work environment and the chance to partake in the implementation of processes and procedures within the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general bookkeeping functions for National office and various state chapters, as assigned.
- Assists with month-end close and year-end close financial activities.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Substantiates financial transactions with supporting documentation.
- Performs with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Helps provide detailed inventory schedule and reconciliation.
- Records income and expenses for certain state chapters and National office for events including the chart of accounts coding and journal entries, bank statement reconciliations and other organizational activity related to the general ledger.
- Processes credit card payments from banquet auctions and sales.
- Responsible for most phases of accounts receivable.
- Makes and prepares bank deposits.
- Ensures accurate documentation and compliance with policies, processes, and internal controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge & experience with accounting software and administration
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience and knowledge of Sage, preferred
- Experience working with a non-profit and/or small business preferred
A successful financial analyst candidate should be proactive, possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and have the ability to drive multiple work streams. This position will work closely in a family office environment with varied investments along with a broad spectrum of business lines and industries.
- Develop Excel models for economic analysis of existing and potential future investments. These models will require dynamic, multi-year financial analysis, data manipulation including pivot tables, adjustable variables, and summary output sheets
- Monitor investment performance and maintain monthly status reports and trend reports for a growing pool of investments
- Participate in the evaluation of new investment opportunities, including modeling various investment structures and assessing investment return profiles
- Develop and maintain capital deployment forecasts
- Work with Investment Accounting to build actionable strategies based on internal portfolio reporting
- Facilitate the flow of data and information between portfolio management and internal finance department with respect to capital deployment, cash flow from investments, and recycling of capital from financing transactions
- Research, monitor and validate existing portfolios for strategy, process, performance, and compliance; and evaluate markets and asset
- Research and prepare economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, and working capital requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting or a related field
- Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate conclusions and recommendations from data analysis
- Expert computer skills using PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic, high energy level, and impeccable integrity
- A background in specialty finance lending, asset-backed finance, asset-based lending, investment banking, ABS portfolio management, or securitization banking a plus
Crude Oil and Commodity Prices
Why work for this company!
- Global Fortune 500 company
- Over 400 subsidiaries with one of them in Pearland, Texas!
- CFS has successfully placed several people on their accounting team
- Company is a leader in the chemicals business.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Over 100,000 employees worldwide with a small company feel.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
- Development and analysis of monthly revenue cost reporting and forecasts
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine the effects on cost
- Estimate new and proposed product costs as well as product changes
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
- Analyze the profitability of special pricing suggestions/programs
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Update balance sheet reconciliations: prior to recurring journals, after journals have been posted and once the month is closed prior to final Trial Balance
- Complete month end close process for costing
- Ensure the accuracy of the Company’s inventories including the adequacy of physical count procedures and reliability of reported physical inventory results.
- Perform special projects and analyses to assist management in interpreting trends impacting the business.
- Address low/negative margin sales through costing review
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of progressive Accounting experience
Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas company with locations all over the world. One of their plant locations is adding a staff accountant to their team. The ideal candidate should have 2 to 3 years of general accounting experience and enjoy working with operations at a plant setting.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing. Explain variances from the forecast. Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
- Coordinate analysis related to product line profitability and expense variance analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with USGAAP and compliance to internal policies, reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
- Assist in audits, providing requested information on a timely basis.
- Maintain a listing of all completed Journal Entries and Schedules assuring completion in the designated time
- Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses on a daily basis.
- Support special projects or financial analysis when needed by management.
- Support initiatives for process improvements such as cost accounting, expense analysis and margin analysis or other opportunities. Work directly with the Accounting Manager and Accounting staff in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
- Assist in completion of the full accounting cycle including journal entries, fixed asset tracking, and supporting tasks for submitting monthly financials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Beginning to intermediate skills required in MS Excel and Word.
Location: The Woodlands
CFS has teamed up with one of the top waste service companies in Houston who is looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented Staff Internal Auditor to join our team in The Woodlands, TX. The Internal Audit Department looks for individuals who embrace servant leadership, and who are eager to learn the business, accounting processes, and systems throughout the company. Many of the Internal Auditors have rotated into Controller positions around the country, as well as other areas such as Operations and Risk in as few as two years.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- A good understanding of GAAP and internal controls
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to travel up to 35%
- Strong written and communication skills
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives, and more.
Our client is a Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston. The Houston division is in succession planning mode due to two recent promotions. We are looking for a go-getter, so if you are looking for an organization who likes to promote from within, this role may be just right for you!
The Assistant Controller role will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, land accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and ad-hoc analyses.
• Lead monthly reviews with Finance and Operations teams to reconcile all balances. Ensure all lot cost assumptions are appropriate and documented.
· Prepare soft cost budget analysis and lot cost calculations. Work with Operations and Finance teams to identify deficits.
• Participate in the month-end process, journal entry process and maintain monthly SOX binder for all land related activities.
• Assist the Controller in preparing the annual Departmental Operating Budgets, Asset Development Budget, and Cash Flow Budget
• Assist the Controller in preparing financial forecasts of projected revenue and profit in conjunction with financial analysis of budget vs. actual operating results.
• Review subdivision financial performance.
• Prepare and participate in quarterly forecasts and annual planning.
• Perform any additional ad-hoc analysis, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA, Preferred
• 5 to 10 years of Accounting experience, Public preferred
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, practice, and financial reporting
• Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational ability
• Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
Our client is adding a Senior Accountant to their team due to growth. They are in the investment/wealth management space with business in private equity, real estate, oil and gas interests and a number of private investment partnerships.
Why work for this company?
- Family oriented environment
- Great benefits including 8% match on the 401K!
- A team of professionals who work well together and like to have fun!
- We have placed multiple accountants there and almost everyone has been promoted within a year
- Fee downtown parking
- Accounting and reporting for a consolidated group of entities including intercompany accounting and eliminations.
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing duties including but not limited to:
- Prepare and post quarterly intercompany payoffs for several entities.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare quarterly reports for Board of Director meetings
- Assist in preparation of audited financials for the consolidated company including schedules and footnotes and provide requests for external audit.
- Prepare budgeting and forecasting schedules for the annual budget.
- Update reports in Management Reporter with new companies and GL accounts as needed.
- BBA – Accounting, CPA preferred
- Four to 7 years plus years of accounting experience.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
Why work for this company:
- They love to promote from within!
- They promote a collaborative team environment
- Competitive benefits and a bonus can pay out on multiple
- They are growing and always in acquisition mode!
- • Manage accounting functions and prepare reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances, and other financial results.
- • Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost/inventory accounting function.
- • Perform the monthly closing activities including preparation of the cost to operate statement along with supporting analysis.
- • Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management
- • Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
- • Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
- • Relevant professional certification such as CPA, CA, local equivalent or Master’s in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
- • 6+ years of finance experience preferably in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industry including 1+ years of management experience.
- • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.