The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for monitoring and updating the organizations risk assessment, preparing and monitoring an annual audit plan, and executing the audit plan. The Audit Manager will manage a team of internal and outsourced auditors.
Areas of Responsibility and Essential Duties include:
- Maintains and annually updates the organizations Risk Assessment.
- At least annually updates an Internal Audit Plan.
- Creates, monitors, and tests all internal controls.
- Guides internal audit decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares internal audit reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing internal audit information.
- Completes internal audit requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and/or outsourced consultants; following up on work results.
- Maintains internal staff and outsourced consulting staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains internal staff and outsourced consulting staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects the organization by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adheres to and promotes the values, policies and procedures of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or business. Graduate degree preferred.
- Current CPA license.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility.
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management.
- Proven ability to effectively manage people and supervise work assignments.
- Must be able to set goals and complete duties and assignments under the pressure of deadlines.
- Resourceful, detail oriented, strong time-management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize.
- Highly developed written and oral communication, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of grammar usage, letter writing, and proofreading.