Great role for an entry level graduate looking to break into Oil & Gas (E&P). NW Houston location! Emai: email@example.com
- Enter and review outside-operated AFEs in AFE management system.
- Send responses back to operators after election decision is made.
- Enter and review Daily Reports received from partners into Daily Reporting system.
- Obtain monthly production information from operators and enter into Citation databases. Reach out to operators when information not received.
- Obtain and file new well information for data that is entitled to on outside operated properties. Reach out to operators when information not received timely.
- Execute ad hoc projects to support operations information analysis on outside-operated properties
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Access a plus
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to execute individual responsibilities and collaborate with others across functions/geographies to meet routine deadlines
- Well-developed written/verbal communication skills with ability to interface effectively with staff at all levels and across multiple functions (Operations, IS, Finance/Accounting)
- High school diploma or GED, four year college degree a plus
Looking for an experienced Production Manager, who loves to mentor, train and work on process improvement projects. Must be able to lead a team of 6 and interact at all levels of the company.
• Lead and direct all aspects of oil and gas production accounting.
• Supervises, monitors and reviews production analysts’ work product and procedures to ensure accuracy, timeliness and validity, including accurate and timely reporting to federal and state agencies.
• Supervises and monitors in-house production related issues to ensure prompt attention and resolution.
• Coordinates work with regulatory and operations personnel on regulatory and production compliance.
• Supervises all third party oil, gas, and saltwater measurement issues and their associated reports.
• Provide guidance and assist production analysts with any unresolved discrepancies identified in their reviews of variance and audit reports as part of production accounting’s quality control procedures.
• Provide guidance and assist production analysts with more complex set-up of facilities, wells, routes, etc. in the production accounting system.
• Coordinates all production department acquisition (including property set-up for the production accounting system) and divesture related activities.
• Works with external third parties to resolve discrepancies and/or incorrect data with respect to well production and other data.
• Provides guidance and investigates escalated allocation and reporting issues.
• Provides project leadership and coordination for system improvement, implementation and integration projects (including production data capture).
Partners with field to insure proper data and controls are in place to accurately account for oil, gas or other products.
• Works closely with intra-company department leaders to add and improve value-add processes and streamline existing systems and dataflow.
• Ensure timely and accurate input of sales volumes and allocations for the purpose of meeting the deadlines of tax reporting, state, federal, and Indian royalty reporting, and for timely revenue accrual volumes.
• Assist with volume interfaces between the production system and the revenue accounting system as well as revenue related reporting needs.
• Troubleshoots complex allocation network and setup (buy-back, injection, flash, drip, recirculate)
• Recruits, directs, coaches, evaluates (Includes preparing annual performance reviews and establishing individual annual goals for direct reports), corrects and mentors staff to ensure appropriate organizational development, succession planning and performance management within the Production Accounting team.
• Ensures that staff are well trained and developed by their participation in applicable educational programs (third-party and in-house developed) and internal mentoring programs along with job duty cross-training and serving as back-up during employee absences.
• Establish and maintain written policies and procedures (including desk procedures), as well as monitoring for compliance, and recommend and implement improvements to efficiently and effectively address evolving business needs while maintaining or improving internal controls.
• Establishes and implements overall annual Production Accounting team goals and objectives.
Our client has been in business for over 50 years and is publicly traded. They are growing and adding a Lead Accountant to their team due to a recent promotion. We are searching for a candidate who would love to move up within the company and become a Controller someday!
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual operating budget/forecast on line item basis. Prepare budget updates when requested by region/corporate.
- Reconcile or review general ledger accounts with corporate accounting (prepaid inventory, development jobs, earnest money deposits, etc.
- Management of A/P staff (2)
- Oversee all cash receipts and deposits of the division
- Prepare or review job starts and journal entries for starts
- Interface with senior management and regional accounting staff
- Verify that cash receipt entries and all journal entries are entered into AS400
- Update Business Plan and Budgets
Accounting Manager Experience
- Accounting Degree
- 3 to 5 years of Accounting / Audit experience.
- Construction experience a plus
- CPA motivated or in process
Our client is looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join their successful company.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
#accountant #construction #sugarland #hiring #jobs
VICE PRESIDENT – CONTROLLER w/ RETAIL DEALERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Why take a Vice President, Controller role with this dealership?
- Leading high growth, national organization planning to grow aggressively by way of acquisition
- Opportunity to work with high pedigree, talented, seasoned industry executives
- Significant capital partner
- Become a key member of the executive leadership team at the dealership (CEO, GM, GSM, etc.)
What the Vice President, Controller will do…
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements, financial reports, and financial analysis
- Oversee and manage accounting staff and day-to-day workflow
- Finance leader, interacting with lenders and retail paper providers
- Cleanup/revamp General Ledger, including enhancement of internal control
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders at the dealership and assist in providing financial support for growth investments/projects
What the dealership needs in a Vice President, Controller:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience within the retail dealership space; multi-location preferred
- Roll-up the sleeves work ethic; positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills (both internally and externally)
Perks of the Controller role:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus potential
- Affordable insurance through United Healthcare
Metro Houston created 22,600 jobs in the month of April, according to data released on Friday by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). That’s the best April on record, with the records dating back to 1980.
For more details:
- Monitor activities of assigned IT controls to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures including monthly, quarterly and annual account and activity reviews
- Facilitate compliance with the internal control standards via regular monitoring of related activities
- Advise and consult for new company compliance, new technology deployments, SaaS/IaaS/ PaaS, MSP proposed deployments
- Work closely with the security team to address issues/concerns identified by them
- Conduct reviews and document results based on defined controls and standards
- Could review work products of junior team members and consultants to ensure that all review criteria are met and that the assessment are accurate
- Supervise multiple compliance reviews simultaneously with specific deadlines
- Prepare summaries of review results and communicate appropriately to management
- Manage the progress of remediation steps on identified control deficiencies
- Work with managers to ensure that deliverable schedules are met
- 4 year degree in MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting
- CISA, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP (One or more)
Required Professional Experience:
- 2 – 5 years in IT Compliance or IT Audit (minimum)
- Assist in managing the planning, designing, writing, and finalization of policies, control framework and procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring of overall adherence to the IT controls through regularly scheduled reviews of in-scope technical areas.
- Experience performing risk and compliance assessments and in-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA, SOX, FISMA, NIST, ISO 2700X, COBIT, FFIEC, NERC CIP, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements that are usually based on NERC/CIP, ISO 27001, COBIT, NIST 800-53 etc.
- Performs assessments of Third Party services providers including cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS etc. for adherence to best practices or known frameworks like COBIT, ISO 27001/27002 etc.
- Review and provide guidance from compliance perspective across areas such as application controls, logical access controls for applications, operating systems and databases, backup and recovery procedures, change controls, pre and post deployment assessments, user administration, perimeter security, network/application architecture and selected configuration management controls on technical platforms such as VPNs, VMWare, Windows Server 20XX, AIX-UNIX , Linux and Cisco firewalls.
- Work with IT to close issues through oversight and review of remediation plans and accompanying evidence.
- Stays up-to-date on changes to technology, internal policy and standards, and relevant regulatory programs, and evaluates potential impacts on the risk and controls and suggests modifications to IT control framework.
- Assist in managing, training, coaching and developing junior staff and/or external consultants to ensure that timeline and deliverable requirements are met.
- Leads large and/or multiple projects with assigned resources.
- Engage with IT and/or Accounting control owners, including management, to review audit testing results and influence decisions.
- Work with the manager and other team members to identify opportunities for improvement or gaps in existing processes. Takes initiative to develop new approaches and tools.
- 4-year degree in MIS, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or Accounting MS or MBA preferred
- CISA, CIA, CPA, CISM, CISSP, MCP, MCSE, CCNA at least 1 certification required or other applicable for the job certifications are desired
Required Professional Experience:
- 6-8 years in IT Compliance, IT Audit, IT Security or IT related field