Our client is a centrally-located, publicly-traded company in the service industry. Operating in over 40 states and internationally they serve nearly every industry in existence. This company has been awarded as a “Best Place to Work” multiple years running. The Senior Treasury Analyst will sit within a group of seven and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Treasury. There is rapid growth-potential and the ability to take on new responsibilities every week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CTP preferred
- International experience preferred
- 4-10 years of treasury experience
- Manages daily cash positioning
- Lead treasury-focused analytical projects
- Analyzes forecasting differences
- Liquidity monitoring & analysis
- Review bank account structure
- Monitor current market conditions
Why work here?
- 9/80 schedule
- Stable industry
- Publicly-traded exposure (Fortune 500 company)
- Room for growth – Internal promotions are frequent (CFO started in this group)
- Little overtime
- Great culture: Happy hours, team-building events
The Senior Accountant will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and sitting with a team of 3. This is a dynamic role where many hats will be worn. The company is well-established with multiple offices across the country specializing in the construction industry. Their California branch works on companies like Google, Apple, and Facebook. This office offers a laid-back atmosphere and an open-door policy.
Why work here?
- Rapidly-growing company (growth opportunities)
- Projects nation-wide
- Clients include publicly-traded tech companies
- Prepare Monthly Journal Entries for various activities
- Lead project set-up, project review
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Review revenue, WIP
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Review WIP, revenue, profitability
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Why work for this company???
- Midsize O&G company with a family oriented work culture
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- On-Site Workout Facility & Trainer
- Lucrative Compensation Package
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Excellent Financial Modeling & Excel skills
- Ability to communicate conclusions & recommendations from data analysis
- Able to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Background in finance lending, asset-backed finance, asset-based lending, investment banking, ABS portfolio management
Global Operations Controller
Our client, a publicly traded oil & gas company, with revenue in excess of 1 Billion, is located in the Woodlands, Texas. They are currently hiring a Global Controller for their largest segment. This Global Controller will be responsible for financial reporting, consolidations, budgeting, planning and leadership of the global finance team (team of approximately 12). This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate accounting & finance and report directly to the CFO / Segment President.
With general autonomy, ensure all financial initiatives are met, including responsibility for the entire global segment accounting process , reports and analyzes cost/performance and oversees contractual matters in assigned in profit center area. Responsible for closing cycles and operating rhythms, reporting, annual budget preparation, controllership fundamentals, and coordinating finance-related activities across functions.
- Assume full responsibility of the accounting function in support of business operations within the Segment.
- Manage monthly and quarterly closing, and reporting processes.
- Meets with and collaborates with business unit leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our business. Works with the finance and accounting leads to insure controls are in place and improve cost tracking and budgeting tools.
- Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation plans.
- Partner with business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy, and utilization.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of all general ledger accounts.
- Manage Quarterly and Annual audit process.
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Provides Cash Management planning and reporting to the business unit including Billing, Collections, DSO’s, and Contract Assets and Liabilities.
- Four year college or university degree in Accounting
- CPA or similar certification
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
- Up to 30% travel
- Ten plus years of progressive leadership experience.
- Experience with reporting under US GAAP for US Parent Company.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present, influence, and collaborate at the leadership level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Thorough knowledge of ERP system capabilities, preferably Oracle / Hyperion
Our client is adding a Cost Accounting Manager to their team. The company is publicly traded and services segments of the oil & gas industry. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate finance and report directly to the CAO.
Why work for this company:
• Over 100 locations worldwide. Focus on expanding international operations.
• A stable company with a long stand reputation in their industry. They have been in business for over 40 years.
• An entrepreneurial company, with a strong management team and expansive international growth plans.
• Direct line to executive leadership! Their management team values the input of its employees.
• Ability to make an impact on the bottom line.
• CFS has successfully placed several professionals with them for over 10 years!
• The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities in the organization’s cost accounting function within the manufacturing and distribution facility.
• Prepares and presents recommendations for reducing costs, and provides cost-related data in support of business decisions or for use in financial reporting.
• Provide accurate and timely costing accounting information, preparing and presenting product margin, manufacturing performance analyses, and labor analysis while ensuring inventory data integrity and driving inventory management performance.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure in order to pull information from the financial reporting system.
• Support budgeting and forecasting activities
• Analyze material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, or other cost-related performance measures
• Maintains the organization’s cost accounting systems and ensures that expenditures are appropriately classified in order to accurately calculate product/product line, project, or departmental costs
• Performs the “month end close” of the Inventory Ledger within the ERP
• Makes sure all the shipped goods are completely recorded and all the sales transactions.
• Monitors sales pricing and sales discount and bring management attention to the reduction of gross profit.
• Analyzes cost variances and presents findings to leadership
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in cost accounting role within a manufacturing environment
• Travel requirement: 0% – 25%
Area CFS has teamed up with a non-for-profit who focuses on the conservation of marine resources. They are a company who provides a family-oriented work environment and the chance to partake in the implementation of processes and procedures within the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions:
-Performs general bookkeeping functions for National office and various state chapters, as assigned.
-Assists with month-end close and year-end close financial activities.
-Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
-Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
-Substantiates financial transactions with supporting documentation.
-Performs with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
Required Education and Experience:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
-2+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
-Strong Excel Skills
-Experience and knowledge of Sage, preferred
-Experience working with a non-profit and/or small business, preferred
Why work for this company?
- Family oriented work culture
- Growth opportunity to move into an assistant controller role
- Flexible work schedule
- Health, Dental, Vision & 401K
- To help provide complete and accurate financial information to satisfy the needs of management, owners, lenders, and regulatory agencies.
- Assist controller with outside auditors as needed.
- Prepare and enter monthly and yearly journal entries.
- Prepare general ledgers for monthly, quarterly and year-end close reporting.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation’s.
- Prepare US Government census reports for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Prepare US GAAP & HFM monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare US GAAP consolidated financial workpapers and financial statements.
- Maintain plant, property and equipment detailed sub-ledgers using Sage FAS software.
- Accounting degree
- 3-5 years of experience in GL
- Experience with preparing GAAP financial statements, consolidated reporting, account analysis, audit schedules, accounting systems and analytical projects.
Our client is adding a Senior Finance Manager to their team. The company is publicly traded and services segments of the oil & gas industry. This position will serve as a liaison between operations, executive leadership, corporate finance and report directly to the President, Operations.
Why work for this company:
- Over 100 locations worldwide. Focus on expanding international operations.
- A stable company with a long stand reputation in their industry. They have been in business for over 40 years.
- An entrepreneurial company, with a strong management team and expansive international growth plans.
- Direct line to executive leadership! Their management team values the input of its employees.
- Ability to make an impact on the bottom line.
- Newly created role with unlimited possibilities.
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
- CFS has successfully placed several professionals with them for over 10 years!
- This role is responsible for overseeing the operations financial planning & analysis functions, including coordination, evaluation, and monitoring of division level performance and reporting.
- Provides timely, accurate data and reports to management to proactively influence sound business decisions.
- Drives strategies and process improvement intended to meet organizations long-term financial objectives, while partnering with corporate finance, division finance, and operational leadership.
- Prepares Management reports including KPI”s and variance explanations. Creates dashboards for upper management.
- Provides direction of functional counterparts in operating units and senior management on matters involving cost determination, inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, treatment of joints costs and product pricing.
- Conducts complex financial analysis projects, including preparation of trend analysis to suggest improvements to the leadership team.
- Partners with operational management in evaluating sales and marketing programs performing value-added ad-hoc analysis.
- Collaborates with executives to develop and maintain annual budgets and track results on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred
- 10 plus years of professional experience
- Extensive MS Excel (queries, macros, advanced pivot tables)
- Working knowledge of B.I. products preferred
- Senior Financial Accountant – Energy Corridor
- Senior Treasury Analyst – DT
- Internal Auditor – Woodlands
- Staff Accountant – Pearland
- Internal Audit Manager – Galleria
- Senior Cost Analyst – Pearland
- Assistant Controller – Energy Corridor
- Consulting Company Senior Associate to Senior Manager (Transaction Advisory & Financial Assurance)
- Financial Analyst – Woodlands
- Tax Senior – Greenway Plaza
- Revenue Accounting Manager – DT
- Senior IT Auditor – Galleria
- Senior IT Auditor – Cypress
- Internal Controls Manager – Galleria
- Director FP&A – Galleria
- Internal Financial Reporting Manager – Galleria
- Bookkeeper – Law Firm
- Accounting Analyst II – NW Houston
- Senior Accountant – Greenspoint
- Audit Partner – CPA Firm
- Controller – Financial Services – Westchase
- Tax Analyst – Woodlands
- SEC Reporting Supervisor – O&G – Woodlands
- Nonprofit Staff Accountant – Memorial Park Area
- Nonprofit Staff Accountant- Montrose Area
- Senior GL Accountant – Private Equity / Investment Company – Greenway Plaza
- Accounting Manager – Small Company – Sugar Land
- Controller – Small Company – Sugar Land
- Controller – Private Equity – Sugar Land – 150K
- Senior Internal Auditor – 30% travel – Galleria
- Tax Managers (Public Accounting – multiple firms)
- TRUE Rotational Internal Audit Program – Fortune 100! – Galleria
- Staff Auditor – CPA Firm – NW Houston – Great work-life balance
- Staff Internal Audit – Woodlands – Rotational!!!!
- Senior Auditor – Public Accounting 9/80’s – GREAT work life balance – less than 20% travel!
- Junior Financial Analyst – E&P – Woodlands(Investment Banking or PE exp required)
- SEC Reporting Manager – Clearlake
Why work for this company:
- 4.5-day work-week. 9-hour M-Thursday, half days on Friday.
- 3 weeks vacation, 3 sick days, 10 holidays. Relatively flexible work-schedule.
- AWESOME benefits: $50 for health insurance (out of pocket for employee + family!), dental covered 100% by the company
- Lots of visibility in this role.
- Assist in close processes including reporting financial data from general ledger system into consolidation system, analyzing financial results and explain variances from budgets, reconciling mapping and financial flows and coordinating with the accounting team to proactively resolve issues.
- Assist/prepare reporting packages in the consolidation system, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow.
- Assist in the preparation of IFRS and statutory financial statements and various reports for internal and external parties.
- Assist, lead and work cross-functionally to achieve project planning and forecasting deliverables.
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation of the annual budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 4-10 years’ experience as an accountant
- Public Accounting
- Good and deep knowledge of international accounting requirements.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience with business consolidation tools. SAP BPC preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in consolidation, internal reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
CFS has teamed up with a non-for-profit who focuses on the conservation of marine resources. They are a company who provides a family-oriented work environment and the chance to partake in the implementation of processes and procedures within the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general bookkeeping functions for National office and various state chapters, as assigned.
- Assists with month-end close and year-end close financial activities.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Substantiates financial transactions with supporting documentation.
- Performs with balance sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Helps provide detailed inventory schedule and reconciliation.
- Records income and expenses for certain state chapters and National office for events including the chart of accounts coding and journal entries, bank statement reconciliations and other organizational activity related to the general ledger.
- Processes credit card payments from banquet auctions and sales.
- Responsible for most phases of accounts receivable.
- Makes and prepares bank deposits.
- Ensures accurate documentation and compliance with policies, processes, and internal controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge & experience with accounting software and administration
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong Excel Skills
- Experience and knowledge of Sage, preferred
- Experience working with a non-profit and/or small business preferred
A successful financial analyst candidate should be proactive, possess excellent analytical skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and have the ability to drive multiple work streams. This position will work closely in a family office environment with varied investments along with a broad spectrum of business lines and industries.
- Develop Excel models for economic analysis of existing and potential future investments. These models will require dynamic, multi-year financial analysis, data manipulation including pivot tables, adjustable variables, and summary output sheets
- Monitor investment performance and maintain monthly status reports and trend reports for a growing pool of investments
- Participate in the evaluation of new investment opportunities, including modeling various investment structures and assessing investment return profiles
- Develop and maintain capital deployment forecasts
- Work with Investment Accounting to build actionable strategies based on internal portfolio reporting
- Facilitate the flow of data and information between portfolio management and internal finance department with respect to capital deployment, cash flow from investments, and recycling of capital from financing transactions
- Research, monitor and validate existing portfolios for strategy, process, performance, and compliance; and evaluate markets and asset
- Research and prepare economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, and working capital requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting or a related field
- Excellent financial modeling and Excel skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate conclusions and recommendations from data analysis
- Expert computer skills using PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic, high energy level, and impeccable integrity
- A background in specialty finance lending, asset-backed finance, asset-based lending, investment banking, ABS portfolio management, or securitization banking a plus