***Need TXDOT experience*******
*****Great for Controllers ready for the next step******
*****50M dollar company*****
Our client is a stable & growing organization in the heavy civil construction industry with a solid reputation for integrity, honesty, and dedication to providing superior quality to clients for over 10 years. They have had over 20% growth year over year and are forecasted to nearly double in size within the next year to 2 years. Due to this rapid growth, my client is in need of a proven Accounting Professional to join the team as CFO and provide leadership and support to help take them to the next level!
We are looking for someone self-motivated, energetic, and driven that is looking for their chance to prove themselves in a fast-paced environment…someone who is proactive & forward thinking, has experience with high growth companies, strong technical accounting skills, and is not afraid to get into the weeds to provide a helping hand when needed.
We are seeking candidates who are willing to give their all in this role. In exchange for your passion and dedication, my client can offer you an entrepreneurial and rewarding environment where employees are highly respected, valued, and rewarded. When you prove yourself capable and deserving of this opportunity, you can enjoy many other perks to include unlimited PTO!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the CFO:
Directs financial activities for my client company and its subsidiaries by performing the following duties:
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely processing of financial management including, but not limited to, daily cash management, bank reconciliations, internal and external monthly financial statements, coordinating the month-end and year-end closing process and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Must be willing and able to assist accounting staff in day to day accounting tasks when needed
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Review inter-company billings to parent company, including the follow up of payment
- Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
- Responsible for daily cash management operations, short-term cash forecasting and all aspects related to the management of operating cash flow.
- Provides sales/expense analyses, identifying potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to forecasts.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements as well as individualized financial
statements for business units and present to upper management/ownership
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity, investigating irregularities Manage assigned members of the accounting department, expand the team, and guide them through operational changes.
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, and income taxes. Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities. Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Act as Network administrator, establishing and maintain systems and controls, which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
- Oversee and manage any outsourced functions (e.g., payroll, sales-tax, Federal and State Taxes)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the CFO:
- Exceptional working knowledge of GAAP
- 5-10 years experience in all aspects of accounting.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Job Costing
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Accounting degree and public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required.
Education and Experience Required for the CFO:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification.
- Heavy Civil Construction Industry Experience a MUST (Commercial or residential construction experience is not a substitute)
#CFO #thevalley #hiring #Accounting #Finance #jobopening #Job