Why take an HR role with this company?
- Company is growing. Support up to 180 locations in Texas.
- A key part of the corporate team
- Work & Live close to Houston
- Beautiful Office Space
- Get exposed to all areas of HR. Work closely with HR Manager and CFO.
Perks of the HR role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with a 9% match
- Free parking
- 9 to 5 work schedule
- 4 days in office – 1-day work from home
- 35-hour work week!
What you will do…
- Administer various benefits program aspects, such as Medical, health savings accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 403(b) and wellness benefits.
- Prepare correspondences and benefits packages to welcome new employees
- Prepare new hire and exit checklist and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct new hire orientations and process enrollment in benefits portal.
- Provide training support on use of benefits systems
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system
- Prepare annual imputed income letters to institutions for assistance in preparing year-end tax documents; ensure distribution of required employee notices are sent in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports based on benefits enrollment information to assist with special projects as needed.
- Assist supervisor in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans.
- Compile records for disbursements into the Health Savings Account funds for clergy and staff who are participants in the High Deductible Plan
- Maintain Benefits web pages to ensure all relevant and pertinent information and forms are available and up to date.
- Responsible for coordinating annual open enrollment meetings
- Coordinate with accounting to submit benefits payments and resolve billing issues.
What you need to bring to the table….
- Bachelor’s degree
- Develops healthy, positive relationships with internal customers.
- Has strong written and oral communication skills.
- 2 plus years of experience. Experience with onboarding required.
- SHRM certified or aspirations preferred
- Customer Service driven attitude