Why you should consider this role….
- Our client is a private investment and management firm headquartered in Houston
- They have an expansive portfolio of commercial real estate assets, and investments valued over 10B
- The firm prides itself in collaborative leadership and management approach
- This is a cutting-edge and entrepreneurial culture and environment
- Due to growth, they are adding several key financial positions
- HYBRID: Work from home Mondays & Fridays
What you will be responsible for in this Accounting role….
- Responsible for the month-end financial reporting process, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements for entities including budget variance explanations.
- Assist with obtaining the various private equity fund capital calls.
- Assist with providing a review of invoices
- Assist with obtaining quarterly fund statements from the various private equity funds and preparing journal entries for month-end close.
- Assist with obtaining and recording distributions received from private equity investments.
- Assistance with the processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and company credit cards.
- Coordinate with the Treasury and Investments team to ensure various monthly and quarterly procedures are being completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with audits and prepare audit work papers for external audits as needed.
What you need to bring to the table to be successful in this Accounting role….
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of two (2) or more years of experience in accounting
- Public accounting (tax or audit) experience preferred