Why should you apply for the Controller role?
- This is a great opportunity with a family owned and operated company with over 30 years of proudly served business.
- You LOVE process improvement and the opportunity to implement best practice internal controls.
- 4-star employee rating on Glassdoor!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, + discretionary bonus pay.
- Flexibility! Potential for a hybrid working model after demonstrated establishment and consistency in the Controller role.
What you will be doing as the Controller:
- Ensure timely, accurate month/quarter/year end close periods.
- Prepare monthly reporting, variance analysis, accounts payable checks and/or ACH payments.
- Intracompany accounting and cash management functions: daily balancing of cash receipts, preparation of deposits, cash forecasting and bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries, depreciation schedules, monthly state sales and use tax reporting.
- Monthly reconciliations of all applicable general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
- Work with procurement to insure accurate product inventory reporting.
- Liaison with outside accounting/tax firm for Federal and State financial, tax, and other financial reports as needed.
- Participate in implementation of the objectives, methods, and resources of short and long- range financial operations of the company.
What you bring to the table as the Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years of full cycle accounting experience including senior level responsibility and GAAP knowledge.
- Team supervisory and accounting process improvement expertise and experience.
- Experience with analysis, monthly reporting, and working in inventory-based companies.
- Ability and desire to lead the accounting department and participate in the day-to-day transaction processing.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies, comfortably work in a fast-paced environment, and strong customer focus skills.
Preferred qualifications of the Controller:
- CPA license or CMA certification.
- Hands-on leadership experience in companies with revenues up to $50M.
- Experience in building materials and/or construction industries.
- Experience with NetSuite and inventory tracking software.