Accountant – New Grads to 5 years experience!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading service organization with locations across the US that are looking to hire a Staff Accountant. This is a newly created role due to growth in the organization and internal promotion. With that in mind, this is the opportunity to join a growing company with excellent benefits and be on the fast track for promotions. They have these openings in Minnesota, Texas, Missouri, and Louisiana and will pay for your relocation!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to the monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of the establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
We are looking for a degreed Staff Accountant with a solid work ethic, excellent judgment, and a desire to build a long-term career with us. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you are able to work effectively with minimal oversight, while also functioning well in a team environment.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required (New Grads encouraged to apply)
- 0-5 Years of Accounting Experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Corporate accounting / General ledger experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including intermediate to expert Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal direction