Why take a role with this company?
- The company is listed on the Fortune 50
- A key part of this 10 person team
- Beautiful Office Space
- You love, love, love to slice and dice data and tell a STORY!
- The company does business is 130 countries.
- Pension program!!!!!!!
- Free parking
- Hybrid schedule (3/2) and other flex schedule possibilities! Core hours are 9 to 3 pm. Come in at 6 am and leave at 3 pm!
Overivew of the role:
- Analyze daily realized trading results and activities in order to provide financial commentary
- Develop close working relationships with the finance teams of other global trading affiliates
- Ensures the month-end close process is accurate and complete and helps to articulate the reasons why the desk results and accounting adjustments fluctuate relative to budget and prior periods
- Generates and maintains models and workpapers to support the financial statements and trading accruals
- Review the invoicing outputs of the trading system prior to upload into the ERP to ensure appropriate accounting
- Works closely with Back Office to ensure any uninvoiced trades are quickly resolved and invoiced/paid
- Is the point of contact within finance for ensuring exchange based trading is properly accounted for in our financial results
- Successfully build and maintains relationships with our external auditor
- Interact across all levels and desks of the trading organization
- Assist with the successful implementation of a new ERP
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance required.
- Two to five years’ experience in an auditing or accounting in an energy-trading context preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (mastery of Pivot tables).