Why take an Accountant role with this company?
- Exposure to multiple business units.
- Learn SEC Reporting! No experience is necessary.
- Key part of the corporate accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Core Hours from 9 to 3.30 pm. Very flexible schedules.
- The quarter end is a little crazy for two weeks (9 to 7pm) but other than that it’s a 40-hour work week.
- Hybrid (3/2)
- Work & Live in Southwest Houston
What the Accountant will do…
- Prepares various schedules and work papers
- Assists in the preparation of annual Proxy Statement and documentation of tie-out support
- Prepares the quarterly Disclosure Review presentation materials
- Updates assigned accounting memos on a quarterly basis
- Assists in the review and/or preparation of certain aspects of Form 10-Q/10-K, earnings releases or other external filings, as assigned
- Serves as a mentor to the Accountant I and II positions
- responsible for various journal entries, accounting processes, account reconciliations, reports, analyses and presentations that primarily relate to judgmental accruals, stock compensation and other technical areas, as assigned
- Prepares financial analysis in response to questions from management
- Reviews activity in general ledger accounts for accurate coding and accounting treatment
- Assists in coordinating the PBC requests from the external auditors
- Prepares written variance explanations for changes in financial statement line items and general ledger accounts
What you need to bring to the table….
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 plus years of GL, Tax or Audit experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP theory and practice