Why should you consider this role?
- Exposure to multiple business units (8). A key part of the Segment Accounting team
- Ability to advance in a growing company (placed multiple staff and seniors who have been promoted – one is a Director of Ops and one is a Controller over this division! )
- 99% REMOTE – there will some sporadic meetings at the Cypress or Tomball locations!
- Partner with Operations! You will be included in monthly meetings with the branch managers explaining the variances and getting details on new sales!
- Open due to growth….went from one senior to three. Business is doing really, really well!
- Manufacturing & Distribution….even some exposure to Crypto!
- Team consists of Segment Controller, Division Controller, 3 Senior Accountants and AP/AR Clerks.
- Moth end and quarter end can get a little hectic, but outside of that it’s a 40 hour work week!
What the you will do…
- Assists with P&L and balance sheet flux analysis on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Collaborates on various projects with the Ledger Controller regarding management estimates, detailed analysis on specific accounts.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts and monitors aging, researches discrepancies
- Interacts with AP/AR and other departments as part of the month end closing process.
- Reconciles Inter-Company balances
- Assists with internal and external audit requests.
- Preparation of various monthly management reports a
What you need to bring to the table…..
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Audit / GL experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Advanced excel skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with individuals across various departments.
- Knowledge of US GAAP a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
#remotejobs #houstonjobs #accountingjobs