70 to 75K
Why take a Payroll Manager role with this company?
- VP of Finance wants to invest the time into grooming this person to take on additional responsibilities and give clear path to Director of Payroll & Benefits in near future
- Entrepreneurial environment at a stable, privately held company that has been in business for over 20 years and continues to grow – tripled in size in the last 2 years
- Diversified role – Ability to be involved in multiple aspects of the company and be able to streamline processes to better improve performance
- Great work-life balance to include a work from home policy, 17 PTO days, and flexible hours
What the Payroll Manager will do:
- Hands-on payroll processing (1,000 + employees)
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems and directing the collection, calculation and entering of data
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles and department/division transfers
- Stay current with payroll , compensation and time off regulations / law changes
- Manage statutory tax with holdings requirements and insure that all payroll taxes and calculations are paid on time
- Managing all regular and bonus payroll for over on a timely basis to ensure all earning are appropriately paid
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Process employee payroll changes such as retros, bonus payments, tax withholding changes, and correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage, hour and tax laws, as well as of the provisions in the applicable collective bargaining agreements.
What the company needs in an Payroll Manager:
- Must have 7+ years of payroll processing experience for over 800+ employees, experience with contractors highly preferred
- 2+ years of management experience or desire to become a manager/leader
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Relevant Certifications highly preferred
- Stable job history, Upbeat, eager personality with the willingness to learn, excellent communication skills, “outside of the box” thinker