About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a solid organization that has been in business for over 25 years!
- This organization provides real estate and construction services to the Texas region and abroad.
- Why work here:
- Very entrepreneurial in spirit and has a laid-back atmosphere.
- Endless opportunities for interesting and challenging work that you can feel passionate about.
- AMAZING office space. So FUN!
- Incredible company & community impacts events. This company cares about its employees.
- Live and work in The Woodlands!
- One of the largest privately held development companies in the state of Texas
Overview of the Accountant role:
- Processing of transactional accounting (invoice coding, cash disbursements, cash receipts) for Corporate and other entities
• Owner of the month-end close process (reconciliations, accruals, and checklist completeness)
• Facilitate budget and forecast creation; manage variance commentary
• Own ad hoc requests for Corporate, primarily surrounding reconciliation review and reporting
• Facilitate process efficiencies documenting and adhering to SOP’s
• Facilitate Corporate cash forecast and reporting
• Create intercompany invoicing for fees, allocations, insurance, benefits, and other corporate transactions
• Review and settle intercompany AR/AP with Corporate, related entities
• Creation and initial review of individual entity and Divisional management reporting and financial statements
Preferred Qualifications for the Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least 1 year of related experience.
- Proficiency with an ERP accounting environment and the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel).
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and exposure to corporate/intercompany accounting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional manner and a strong ethical code.
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive.