About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a solid organization that has been in business for over 25 years!
- This organization provides real estate and construction services to the Texas region and abroad.
- Why work here:
- Very entrepreneurial in spirit and has a laid-back atmosphere.
- Endless opportunities for interesting and challenging work that you can feel passionate about.
- AMAZING office space. So FUN!
- Live and work in The Woodlands!
Overview of the Assistant Controller role:
- Responsible for the day-to-day activity of the homebuilding accounting and accounts payable department.
- Assists in the preparation of accurate and periodic financial reports.
- Assists in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices.
- Review journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Participates in the annual audit process and reporting.
- Supports reporting requirements of management and regulatory bodies.
- Assist the Controller with the payout of sales commissions.
- Manage land/lot takedown as well as reconciling loan balances with lenders.
Preferred Qualifications for the Assistant Controller:
- Five plus years of public accounting and industry relatable experience.
- Accounting Degree
- Proven management and leadership skills to develop team of top performers.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint