Remote Revenue Accountant
Our client is a rapidly growing SaaS & E-commerce company that is taking the world by storm & helping its customers move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on commitments with ease. The first of its kind, now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company that is eager for the ideal Revenue Accountant to join the team!
The Revenue Accountant will be working closely with our Revenue Accounting Manager and revenue team to support the daily operations of accounts receivables and revenue transactions. This role will require initiative to help create process improvements around the revenue process for a fast-growing company.
Why work for the company:
- Company recently awarded “Start Up of the Year”
- Dynamic role- ability to expand skills and work closely with the business
- Company is growing at a MASSIVE rate & changing the landscape for ecommerce & digital merchants
- Company offers a very innovative service to their customers- The FIRST of their kind
- Extremely strong financial backing
- Great group of people that are innovative and think OUTSIDE the box… or better yet, think like there is NO BOX!
- A company that believes if they aren’t having fun, they aren’t doing it right!
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive compensation with Base, Bonus, & Equity
- Our client is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- My client has strong values that are lived and breathed by all in the organization. These values come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to the CEO!
- Our client is fanatical about the success of their customers.
- My client loves exploring new ideas and discovering creative solutions. This is an open door, open book, open-minded environment!
- When you go against the norm and push back against the status quo, it’s not easy… but my client has built a team of resilient people that dig in and keep going.
- As a member of the team, you have an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer your perspective.
- You are expected to work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
- My client knows that their people are their biggest strength. They support this belief by always prioritizing having fun and making real connections with one another and with the customers they serve!
What will the Revenue Accountant do?
The Revenue Accountant will perform a variety of accounting activities and assists with special accounting projects related to the fast-paced growth of the business. This includes monthly GL close process, preparing & recording journal entries, reconciliations, analytical research, audit requests, and Microsoft Dynamics general ledger activities. Strong analytical skills are a must. Role may also include various Special Projects which requires communication and collaboration with other teams and or team members
- Track and apply payments received by customers
- Invoicing customers, issuing credit memos, and coding to the correct IS/BS accounts
- Daily reconciliation between bank and customer accounts
- Updating revenue tracking sheets as needed
- Work directly with customers, monitoring and managing their accounts
- Interact closely with marketing/sales personnel to keep client accounts up to date
- Participate in month-end close process and assist with compiling reports as requested
- Assist with annual audit, including pulling documentation and support for financial statements
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Perform additional duties as required by management
What we need in a Revenue Accountant:
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting function
- Public accounting audit experience in Big4 or with public companies a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experienced with Excel – understanding of complex Excel sheets/formulas
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Flexible team player and comfortable working with remote teams
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to completion
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Problem analysis and solving skills