150 to 180K plus bonus and equity
Our client is a rapidly growing company that is taking the world by storm. The first of its kind now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company!
This is a critical financial leadership role within the organization and will be responsible for getting the company ready for a potential IPO in 2022. The Controller will oversee month-end close as well as manage financial reporting, revenue recognition/analysis, KPI analysis, and oversee audits. Great opportunity for someone looking to own and improve upon financial processes and make a difference/be a part of a fast-growing company.
Why work for the company:
- Company was recently awarded “Start-Up of the Year”
- Dynamic role- ability to expand skills and work closely with the business
- The company is growing at a MASSIVE rate & changing the landscape for eCommerce & digital merchants
- The company offers a very innovative service to their customers- The FIRST of their kind
- Competitive compensation with Base, Bonus, & Equity
- Our client is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- A company that believes if they aren’t having fun, they aren’t doing it right!
- & when you want a break from all the fun, you can use your Unlimited PTO
- Great group of people that are innovative and think OUTSIDE the box… or better yet, think like there is NO BOX!
- Extremely strong financial backing
- My client has strong values that are lived and breathed by all in the organization. These values come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to the CEO!
- Our client is fanatical about the success of their customers.
- My client loves exploring new ideas and discovering creative solutions. This is an open door, open book, open-minded environment!
- When you go against the norm and push back against the status quo, it’s not easy… but my client has built a team of resilient people that dig in and keep going.
- As a member of the team, you have an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer your perspective.
- You are expected to work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
- My client knows that their people are their biggest strength. They support this belief by always prioritizing having fun and making real connections with one another and with the customers they serve!
What will the Controller do?
- Lead the efforts into the potential IPO/get the company IPO-ready!
- Build out a strong accounting team
- Oversee month-end close process, and day-to-day accounting functions, including revenue recognition, billing, cost accounting, AP, AR, capital expenditures, etc.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting, company policy, and procedures
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Oversee external audit coordination on financials and benefit plan audits
- Develop, standardize and automate FP&A reports, metrics, and dashboards for monthly/quarterly management reporting
- Assist in the preparation of presentation packages for executive leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Assist with other special projects as requested by the senior leaders
What we need in a Controller:
The ideal Controller would have a minimum of 8 years of accounting experience with a mix of Big4 Audit & Industry (Ecommerce, SaaS, or tech) with a CPA. The Controller will need to have maintained the books as if it were a public/SEC compliant company OR have experience helping a company become IPO-ready! The ideal Controller will also be high energy, personable, adaptive & creative *entrepreneurial spirit*, and have a passion for the mission of the company.
- 8+ years of increasingly responsible accounting experience
- 2 of the 8 years should be in a leadership capacity
- Bachelors degree
- CPA highly preferred
- BIG 4 Accounting experience highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the working of the financial statements with the ability to analyze and improve upon inadequacies
- Thorough knowledge & experience with GAAP
- Experience in a high-growth tech company, e-commerce, or SaaS (HIGHLY preferred)
- PE or VC-backed company experience is a plus!