About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a private investment and management firm headquartered in Houston
- They have an expansive portfolio of commercial real estate assets, over $10B in value
- The firm prides itself on collaborative leadership and management approach
- This is a cutting-edge and entrepreneurial culture and environment
- Due to growth, they are adding several key financial positions
- Work from home Mondays & Fridays
- NEWLY created role!!!!
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and performance reports for distribution to executive management and ownership.
- Generate reports utilizing investment portfolio records across multiple platforms and custodians.
- Implement formal processes for obtaining and analyzing the information gathered from teams and systems for report preparation.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and management reports as requested.
- Act as a primary liaison among Treasury, Accounting, and Investment teams.
- Prepare annual Treasury budgets, including cash, marketable securities, and debt.
- Prepare analytics around existing and pro forma portfolios.
- Perform research on public and private markets, industries, and companies.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, or a related field, is required from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant job experience required.
- Big Four experience preferred.
- Work experience in a private investment or wealth management firm is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of investment performance metrics, including internal rate of return and time-weighted return.
- Detailed understanding of marketable security and private equity transaction activity.
- Experience with portfolio performance reporting products such as SS&C Advent APX, Backstop, Black Diamond, or similar platforms.
Proficiency in using Microsoft Office software applications with an emphasis on intermediate to advanced Excel functionality