About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a private investment and management firm headquartered in Houston
- They have an expansive portfolio of commercial real estate assets, over $10B in value
- The firm prides itself in collaborative leadership and management approach
- This is a cutting-edge and entrepreneurial culture and environment
- Due to growth, they are adding several key financial positions
- Work from home Mondays & Fridays
- Assist with the month-end financial reporting process, including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements to ensure that financial statements are complete, timely, and accurate.
- Responsible for accounting for operations of development projects from pre-development to stabilization.
- Prepare the loan draw packages for all development projects assigned.
- Prepare and review monthly job costs reports and development spending reports.
- Reconciliation of job costs ledgers to general ledger and monthly Development Report.
- Perform budgeting and forecasting, including preparing budget-to-actual variance reports and explanations and periodic forecasts.
- Perform/oversee the liquidity modeling/strategy for real estate development assets.
- Ensure capitalized costs for predevelopment, development, regular capital, tenant improvements, and leasing are recorded in compliance with the Company’s Capitalization policy.
- Ensure development budgets, executed contract amounts, and commitments are not exceeded.
- Accounts payable functions for development projects include but are not limited to: coding of job cost invoices, review of invoices to ensure billed amounts are being billed per the contract, coordinating with the Treasury department for draw payments, and vendor inquiries.
- Prepare cash flow projections for valuation model and variance analysis.
- Monitoring and communicating project budgets and actual costs to senior management.
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller – Real Estate to address accounting automation opportunities within the RE accounting team and lead the team through the implementation process.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of four (4) or more years of experience in project and construction accounting encompassing similar duties.
- Certified Public Accounting license (“CPA”) preferred.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Real estate development and operating experience preferred.