Senior Accountant needed!
CFS has partnered with a large financial institution based in Stamford to help find their next Senior Accountant. This person will work closely with management, treasury, FP&A and other offices around the world.
Why join this company?
- Created in 1997 as a subsidiary of a large, well known financial institution
- Growing through acquisitions of large and small companies around the world
- International footprint with about 530 employees
- Recently adopted a sustainable approach to their business and how it effects the world
- Strong management team with leaders in their space
- Part of the Corporate Controllers group with a responsibility of closing the books and records for the entire company
- Room for advancement within the group and throughout the company
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous PTO
- Competitive compensation structure
- Legal entity ownership including monthly close activities (preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, etc), balance sheet and P&L review and analysis, legal entity reporting and audit support
- Work across departments to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the legal entity books and records and timely recording of transactions and accruals
- Analytical review legal entity financial information and proactively raise issues and drive remediation (e.g. funding requirements, aged balances, covenant compliance, etc)
- Identification and implementation of process enhancements to achieve a more efficient and standardized process and control environment
- Support the Finance department transformation including design and implementation of new ERP, process development and automation, and Ad hoc projects and requests
- 2+ years of experience out of public accounting
- US GAAP or IFRS accounting experience
- Tech savvy – proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Suite is a plus
- SAP experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting