Why work for this company!
- The company is a leader in its niche.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Hybrid Schedule!
- Work for a manager who loves to train and mentor!
- Located in North Houston
- Learn about International Accounting
- Be part of a company that just went public #IPO
Overview of the Senior Accountant role:
- Cash/Intercompany: Recording and reconciliation of transactions comprising cash transfers, recharges between related parties and other cash transactions to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Fixed Assets: Prepare transactions related to the capitalization of assets and related items such as assets under construction entries, project settlements, fixed asset rollforward, depreciation, and asset adjustments (retirements/transfers/accelerated depreciation).
- Accruals/Prepaids: Assist in the preparation of monthly accruals for payroll and other people costs, insurance premiums, audit, consulting and legal fees, interest, and leases to ensure their timely recognition.
- Prepaids/Amortization: Evaluate and record prepaid amortization transactions, including the setup up recurring entries and reconciliation of roll forward ledgers.
- Subsidiary entities: Assist with forwarding and collecting subsidiary accounting information from external accounting firms and the preparation of TB loads.
- General: Ensure the accurate classification and allocation of transactions to accounts, cost centers, profit centers, internal orders, legal entities and other dimensions for statutory and management reporting purposes; perform account reconciliations on a timely basis and maintain up to date documentation related to internal controls such as journal entries checklists and logs; and assist with ad hoc accounting and audit projects as necessary.
- Audits: Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and provide to support foreign subsidiary Controllers with Corporate level requirements as needed for statutory audits
What you will need to be successful in this role….
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related discipline required.
- Requires at least 3 to 4 years of relevant financial experience.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP FICO, SAP Project Systems, and SAP Fixed Assets is strongly preferred.
- Proficient level of experience with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required with ability to draw insights from financial data.