About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an international firm that spans the energy sector. It is involved in Exploration & Production, Refining & Chemicals, Crude Oil, and Refined Products among a host of other segments.
- This organization provides services to the world’s major and independent oil companies.
- Why work here:
- A progressive firm that believes in sharing technical expertise and developing future energy professionals.
- This organization strives to make sure that it is a place where everyone’s perspective is valued.
- Learn all about the Commodities Trading Business!
- In-office 4 days a week. Work from home one day a week. Flex hours. Start early, leave early…..start late….It’s up to you!
Overview of the Commodities Trading role:
• Analyze daily realized trading results and activities in order to provide financial commentary and ensure transactions have been properly accounted for in accordance with the Financial Reporting Manual and IFRS
• Review the invoicing outputs of the trading system prior to upload into the ERP to ensure appropriate accounting for all transactions at the point of entry
• Generates and maintains models and work papers to support the financial statements and trading accruals
• Ensures the month-end close process is efficiently captured, accurate and complete
• Resolves audit requests from internal control, internal audit, and external auditors as necessary
• Develop close working relationships with the finance teams of other global trading affiliates
• Drive initiatives to improve the efficiency of the various processes undertaken by the Trading Accounting team with a mindset of the final deliverable always at the forefront
• Works closely with Back Office to ensure any uninvoiced trades are quickly resolved and invoiced/paid
• Assist with the successful implementation of a new ERP by ensuring trading activities are accurately and completely captured
Preferred Qualifications for the Commodities Trading role:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting. CPA track preferred.
• 6 months to two years experience in auditing or accounting. Internships COUNT!
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (mastery of Pivot tables