Why work for this company!
- The company is a leader in its niche.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Hybrid Schedule! (3/2)
- Work for a manager who loves to train and mentor!
- Located in North Houston
- Learn about International Accounting
- Be part of a company going pubic! #IPO
Overview of the Senior International Accountant role:
- Revenue recognition: Ensure the timely recognition of the different revenue components and related items such as prepayments, deferred income for charter fees, and rebilling of other expenses under the charter agreements such as crewing costs etc.
- Contract Reviews: Perform contract reviews and Sales Orders to ensure compliance with GAAP and company revenue policies while ensuring the correct setup into the accounting system.
- Inventory: Review transactions related to purchases and onboard fuel consumption as well as LNG cargos to ensure timeliness and completeness.
- Analysis: Prepare analyses as needed to ensure the accuracy of revenue in our financial statements and disclosures. Reconcile and research monthly revenue discrepancies.
- Intercompany/cash: Review transactions, reconciliations, and eliminations of transactions for both domestic and international subsidiaries comprising cash transfers, recharges between related parties and other cash transactions to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Monthly close: Actively participate in monthly closing duties involving preparation of journal entries, accruals, posting, and reviewing financial data. Prepare account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP. Adhere to Company policies regarding closing processes, timelines, account reconciliation procedures, and standards.
- Audit Support: Support monthly/quarterly reviews, annual corporate audits and provide support to foreign subsidiary Controllers with Corporate level requirements as needed for statutory audits.
- Reconciliation USGAAP & IFRS: Assistance with the reconciliation of account balances of foreign subsidiaries between IFRS and USGAAP.
- SOX: Assist with the implementation, compliance, and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements around revenue. Maintain and update the revenue Risk and Control Matrix. Participate in revenue walkthrough meetings with internal and external auditors; create and maintain process flow diagrams and narratives.
Qualifications of the Senior International Accountant role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline required.
- Requires at least 3 to 7 years of relevant financial experience.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP
- A proficient level of experience with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Revenue and International accounting experience, highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required with the ability to draw insights from financial data.
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.