Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Payroll Manager Opportunity:
- A family-owned organization that has continued to grow
- The company has been in business for over 30 years.
- The company provides a full range of construction. They have offices in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, LA, and NYC.
- They do the right thing for the right reasons!
Perks of the Payroll Manager role?
- Competitive Compensation Package with great benefits
- A laid-back and collaborative environment
- The company is in acquisition mode! They just completed a major acquisition in December 2021.
Overview of the Payroll Manager role: accountable for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of hourly and salaried payrolls and for managing the payroll team.
- Directs and oversees the preparation of a variety of payroll-related documents (i.e.: weekly payroll checks and electronic deposits, W-2 forms and reports, payroll registers, etc.), ensuring accurate calculations, timely processing, and compliance with federal and multi-state laws.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of a payroll team engaged in computation, documentation, and processing of payroll wages and related deductions.
- Provides coaching and development opportunities, and addresses performance issues as appropriate.
- Ensures systems are set up and updated to reflect current employee data, including wages, deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Manages regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc).
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive employee data; ensuring all payroll information, files and records are maintained in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and requirements.
Required Skills / Skill Level:
- A minimum of 7 recent years of total experience in a corporate payroll department with multi-state locations and high-volume processing.
- Excellent leadership skills that can motivate a group to work together for common goals and inspire potential.
- Ability to operate independently and earn the full confidence of senior management.
- Understanding and application of IRS, federal, and state rules related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, voluntary deductions, documentation retention requirements, and annual filings.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws, as well as payroll and government reporting procedures, including knowledge of garnishment, levy, and child support processing.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others with minimal supervision while developing department goals and objectives consistent with corporate values and strategies.
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to effectively handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
- Proficient in business systems applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and payroll applications.
- Union and certified payroll experience preferred.