Why work for this company!
- The company is a leader in its niche.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Hybrid Schedule!
- Work for a manager who loves to train and mentor!
- Located in North Houston
Overview of the IT Auditor role:
The Company is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor – Business & IT to join the Corporate Internal Audit team. The Auditor will evaluate compliance with the company’s policies and programs. This role will report directly to the Director of Internal Audit and will be responsible for assisting with preparing and implementing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key IT, operational and finance activities, and internal controls. The scope of this role includes all business functions in all locations in which the Company operates
- Solving complex problems and identifying key areas for improvement and innovation
- Take ownership of delivering assurance and consulting services for our company globally
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver IT, finance and business audits and value-added consulting engagements
- Execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan and other special projects
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems inclusive of system security, change controls, backup and disaster recovery, etc.
- Performs SOX control testing
- Performs data analytics and consults with management on sustainable data analysis
- Prepares audit findings and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance
- Analyzing data and processes to identify improvements to business processes and financial reporting
- Communicating recommendations to stakeholders through presentations and report writing
Qualifications of the IT Auditor role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external IT and business auditing, and/or relevant experience
- Direct experience in public company SOX program and Internal Controls
- Knowledge of IT and business audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods is required
- Strong experience writing Audit Programs/Controls is required – must demonstrate ability to perform application audit, implementation audit, general computer controls (GCC)/Network Audit, SOX audit
- Experience in Data Analysis techniques and tools
- Show good analytical skills and an aptitude for problem-solving, comfortable taking initiative to develop and recommend solutions
- CISA, CISM, CIA, or CISSP certification preferred
- Experience working with a global team in different time zones preferred