Senior Accountant – Katy, Texas!
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client has 200 locations that service the greater Houston area and beyond!
- This well-established firm values the honor, dedication, and integrity of veterans and it’s civilian workforce.
- The company recently went through the IPO process and is a Fortune 500 company.
- Why work here:
- Excellent work-life balance (typically 40-hour workweek outside of quarter close)
- Amazing onsite gym and beautiful office space.
Overview of the t role:
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of various quarterly and annual financial statements for the company, including Form 10-K and 10-Q
- Research disclosure requirements related to technical accounting issues and SEC requirements to ensure complete disclosures in filings
- Participate in month-end and quarter-end accounting close processes, including calculation of Adjusted EBITDA/EBIT and the balance sheet flux analyses
- Prepare covenant compliance certificates, including the related tie-outs, on a quarterly and annual basis
- Support internal controls and SOX related procedures, including maintenance of the key reports/spreadsheets listing, execution of detailed test plans, development of results summaries, and preparation of reports
- Coordinate and regularly communicate with Internal Audit to facilitate the Accounting Department’s compliance with SOX and identify potential arising controls issues
- Where required, update controls processes and procedures on a quarterly/annual basis
- Identify areas of deficiencies in control processes and suggest/assist to implement additional procedures
- Regularly send out required accounting controls to control owners and track/ensure controls are being performed
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA license a plus
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting or financial reporting role (public/private mix a plus)
- Strong accounting research skills and familiarity with accounting research tools required