Why take an Accounting Manager role with this company?
- Pre-IPO Renewables Company
- Hired 300 employees this past year!
- Ability to mentor and train employees
- Newly created role.
- The company has grown over 50M in annual sales every year for the past 3 years!
- The company has financed and developed clean energy projects across 4 continents and 22 countries.
Perks of the Accounting Manager role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Unlimited vacation time
- 100% remote
What an Accounting Manager will do..
- Manage accounting staff to drive timely and accurate completion of general ledger (including corporate accounts payable) and accounts receivable activities (invoicing, payment application, and collections) to ensure successful month-end close
- Responsible for preparation and review of monthly financial statement reports, including actuals vs budget variance analysis with explanations on key fluctuations
- Work closely with cross-functional groups and external teams on completeness and accuracy of accounting transactions (i.e. professional fee accruals, accounts receivable, revenue recognition, etc), and ensure they are in accordance with GAAP
- Review and approve journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, and intercompany transactions
- Effectively reduce delinquency of A/R aging by identifying root causes of delayed and/or nonpayment issues, working closely with appropriate teams for timely resolution and providing recommendations to resolve the root cause issues
- Create weekly management A/R summary, meeting with cross-functional groups (i.e. customer account management) and external teams to review results and reduce risk exposure
- Work closely with the Financial Operations team and financiers to analyze, research, and resolve nonpayment issues (including collections)
- Work closely with Director of Accounting and Controller on management reporting and ad hoc requests, including special projects and initiatives
- Interface with auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits including preparing schedules and spreadsheets
What the company needs in an Accounting Manager:
- Experience (5+ years, of which 1.5+ years at supervisory capacity) with evidence of expanding responsibilities
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and analysis
- Energetic, detail-oriented self-starter that has a “hands-on” approach and a strong focus on continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing and improving environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred