Our client is one of the Private Oil & Gas producing companies in the US. They have been in business for over 50 year! Houston is their headquarters. The average tenure of this company is over 10 years!
Why work here?
- Hybrid schedule!
- Good Work/Life balance
- Low Turnover
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Oil and gas state royalties – prepare, file, and pay state royalties as assigned; reconcile any differences
- Upload all royalty and severance tax payments into Excalibur
- Monitor regulation changes with State reporting of royalties
- Work with Land Department on issues concerning State royalty percentages
- Upload all applicable journal vouchers into Excalibur
- Work with Production Department to resolve applicable volume discrepancies
- Accruals – research outside operated sales on wells for a series of properties to provide an oil, gas, and NGL accrual on a monthly basis
- Gas Balancing revenue and statement preparation
- 4-year undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance) with 5-6 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience, or high school diploma or GED with 9-10 years of oil and gas revenue accounting or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Excalibur or similar oil and gas accounting software, preferably 5+ years of hands-on use.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of production severance tax reporting required
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with State royalty reporting
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in oil and gas revenue accounting practices with attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Excellent working skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills, with PowerPoint skills being a plus.