Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a chemical company located in The Woodlands, Texas.
Why work for this company!
- The company is a leader in its niche.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Looking for someone who would love to take a company public! Learn the IPO process and everything that goes along with it.
- Hybrid Schedule! In-office to start with some more flexibility the closer they get to the IPO.
- Get exposure to implementing web filing software, debt covenants reporting, and internal reporting packages.
- Work for a manager who loves to train and mentor!
- Located in North Houston
Overview of the SEC role:
- Preparation and review of internal and external financial statements including drafting and review of footnote disclosures and preparation of cash flow statement
- Assist in the preparation and review for filing of all SEC forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-Ks to ensure compliance with SEC regulations, US GAAP accounting, and XBRL reporting requirements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly earnings press release, including the narrative and financial tables;
- Provide support to FP&A throughout the quarterly earnings process and assist with the review of the earnings script and supplemental materials;
- Remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC;
- Assist in providing technical accounting analysis for complex transactions in accordance with GAAP, including review of contracts, documentation of analysis, and conclusions
- Assist in the research and analysis of new accounting pronouncements
- Provide support for the filing of the proxy statement;
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting policies, process and internal controls consistent with GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley Requirements
- Act as a liaison with external auditors in conjunction with annual year-end audit and interim reviews, as well as SOX compliance
Qualifications of the SEC role:
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting/corporate financial reporting for SEC-registered companies
- Extensive experience with SEC filings form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K required
- Big Four or large regional public accounting experience preferred
- CPA required
- Experience in utilizing SEC filing software preferred
- Expertise in U.S. GAAP and IFRS Statutory reporting
- Experience with working with a global team in different time zones
- Must be an analytical thinker, comfortable taking initiative to develop and recommend solutions
- Open-minded and culturally sensitive; well-structured and self-drive work approach; innovation-driven