Why take a Staff Accountant role with this company?
- Company is growing
- A key part of the corporate team
- Work & Live close to Houston (hybrid schedule)
- Beautiful Office Space
- Looking for someone who wants has aspirations to manage someday!
- The current Controller was hired as an Accountant and moved his way up!
Perks of the Staff Accountant role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with a 9% match
- Free parking
- 8 to 4 or 9 to 5 work schedule when in the office (Hybrid)
What the Staff Accountant will do…
- Accounting/Bookkeeping – Prepare journal entries for month-end and year-end closing for Controller’s review.
- Develop and maintain various spreadsheets for amortization of prepaid expenses, depreciation, grants, restricted contributions, and other specialized needs; reconcile special account activity, special contributions, compensation, and other specific accounts monthly and as needed.
- Assist in preparation of audit schedules and confirmations.
- Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliations for all seven entities. Reconcile all employee credit card purchases to monthly statements. Maintain various spreadsheets, such as recurring support payments, grants, pension payments and credit card charges
- Research and reconciliation projects for Controller as needed. Performs special and specific financial and statistical projects as assigned by the controller.
- Accounts Receivable – Prepares accounts receivable analysis report. Assist with calculating and tracking assessments and mission funding commitment responses for over 150 locations.
- Perform entry, processing and monthly/quarterly reporting of account receivables for various entities. Record and track all payments received via Lockbox and/or scanned
- Create invoices for Medical Insurance reimbursements, and payroll reimbursements.
- Record all receipts collected through online accounts
- Vendor Maintenance: Create and/or maintain vendor information accurately. Ensure that vendor records are up to date, complete, and in compliance with Federal 1099 reporting.
- Financial Reporting/Analytics – Prepare draft of monthly and year-end financial reports for review by Controller; monthly and reports to ministry programs and congregations and specialized reports as needed.
What the company needs in a Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor of Business Administration / Finance
- Personable and professional in person, on phone, and online.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, and PowerPoint.