Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a large wholesale company headquartered in Houston, TX. The company has big growth plans and needs a strong Senior Accountant to help them. This role involves handling financial and operational information, analyzing the information, and preparing various reporting packages and summaries of results to be used at various levels within the organization including the VPs, the CFO, and CEO
- Review and Approve general ledger transactions and Reconciliations performed by Finance Department staff.
- Perform general ledger transactions and reconciliations for respective assigned accounts.
- Train and lead accountants on a daily basis providing guidance and support.
- Manage and document chart of accounts changes, additions, subtractions and adjustments.
- Leading monthly financial closing and preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
- Lead the monthly Variation Analysis and Expense Analysis performed by the Finance Department.
- Assist in the development of financial analyses including profitability by location, truck or department.
- Prepare bank compliance and reporting packages (FCCR and covenant calculations)
- Serve as key contact for the Company’s annual financial audit as well as bank examinations, Workers Compensation Audits, Asset Appraisals and Sales & Use Tax Audits. Provide support to the external auditors as requested including assisting with the preparation of the Company’s annual audit schedules.
- Assist the Director of Accounting & Financial Reporting with the Budgeting, Planning and Projections processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Active CPA license preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of corporate accounting experience preferred.
- SAP experience (FICO) preferred.
- Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel (pivot tables / vlookup) and Word
- Must have strong general ledger experience and knowledge
- Ability to research and document technical accounting matters
85 to 100K
In-office 5 days a week.