About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is an established, privately held company that is constantly in growth mode!
- Why work here:
- Great opportunity that allows you to come in and make an immediate impact.
- This company is very entrepreneurial in spirt and has a very laid-back atmosphere.
- Company has a broad range of asset classes: land, retail, commercial, recreational properties, multi-family, and single-family!
- 4.7 stars on Glassdoor!
Overview of the Corporate Accounting Manager role:
- Controllership of the corporate entities (investment company, management company and ancillary operating companies).
- Coordination of tax compliance in conjunction with strategic tax planning and forecasting for cash flow projections and overall organizational makeup.
- Consolidation of total organization into Divisions, consolidated ownership entities, and total consolidation. Lead the elimination entries for proper consolidation.
- Owner of the organizational chart and entity creation process
- Manages employees responsible for financial reporting, AP, AR, payroll, distributions, intercompany loans, and budget process.
- Lead the Fair Market Value assessment and documentation
- Assist the Director of Accounting in new operations setup, automation projects, and overall accounting guidance to the broader accounting team.
Preferred Qualifications of the Corporate Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting
- Must have direct tax experience with partnership pass-through entities and at least facilitation experience in tax compliance (Federal and State returns)
- Direct experience in financial consolidation of moderately complex org charts.
- Proven management and leadership skills to develop team of top performers.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze, produce and interpret financial and budget reports.
- Experience in automation of consolidated financial statements a plus.