Required experience: Big 4 or large regional firm AUDIT
Our client, a rapidly growing SaaS company that is taking the world by storm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team. The first of its kind, now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this awesome company that has an IPO on the horizon!
Why work for the company:
- Dynamic/all-encompassing role- ability to expand skills and work closely with the business
- Company is growing at a MASSIVE rate & changing the landscape for ecommerce & digital merchants
- Company offers a very innovative service to their customers- The FIRST of their kind
- Extremely strong financial backing
- Great group of people that are innovative and think OUTSIDE the box… or better yet, think like there is NO BOX!
- A company that believes if they aren’t having fun, they aren’t doing it right!
What will the Senior Accountant do?
The Senior Accountant will perform a variety of accounting activities and assists with special accounting projects related to the fast-paced growth of the business. This includes monthly GL close process, preparing & recording journal entries, reconciliations, analytical research, audit requests, and Microsoft Dynamics general ledger activities. Strong analytical skills are a must. Role may also include various Special Projects which requires communication and collaboration with other teams and or team members
- Participates in the month-end close process and support monthly close activities, including calculating and processing monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries and performing a detailed level review of operating results and statistics.
- Performs & reviews account reconciliations and journal entries to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records.
- Performs allocation of costs between various business units
- Performs special projects as assigned by management including design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities, and suggesting/implementing potential solutions.
- Responds to internal and external auditor requests for support documentation.
- Supports effective operation of company internal controls.
- Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures and best practices in support of structured financial control environment.
- Active involvement in ongoing ERP system implementation and assists in resolution of accounting system-related issues.
What we need in a Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in accounting or related field. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role in a business of similar size and complexity.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing and management systems.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively independently or as part of a team on projects.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Avalara, Certify, and/or Bill.com.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (uses financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; import and export information).